What do you want in your FireHouse?

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by Etienne_72772, Sep 22, 2003.

1. Arsonists

Arsonists New Member

Jan 25, 2000
    Banks of Plum Creek
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United Arab Emirates
    If it is in the City with a roof and there is no music piped in I am good.

Real good Chicago hot dogs.

That is good for me.

2. minorthreat

minorthreat Member

Jan 1, 2001
    NYC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Concessions by Ed Debevic's.

3. JeffGMc

JeffGMc Member

Oct 14, 2000
    New York City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I just want to see me inside on opening day.

4. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    If there is ketchup on the hot dogs there will be death!

KILL KILL KILL

5. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Fixed.

6. CFnwside

CFnwside Member+

Jan 25, 2001
    Humboldt Park
    on the subject of terraces, there's a renewed interest in them in europe. i can't remember the specifics, maybe someone can chime in, but i remember reading about a stadium either in germany or holland that has retractable seating in the supporters end. you've got terraces for the regular games, but if you're playing in a competition that requires an all seater, you just pop'em out. how many here have stumbled drunk over thet seats at old SF. not me of course, but you get my point. they can be a hindrance. oh...about the sirens and lights...you've gotta be facking kidding me. might as well bring back that brazilian band. WE are there to make the noise, not some facking machine.

7. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Member+

SSC Napoli
    Feb 16, 1999
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Heck, I could do without the PA system altogether.

I'm sure we can find some other job for Howard.

8. heybeerman

heybeerman Member

Aug 2, 2001
    Chicago Burbs
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    WRONG! I've lost many brain cells to the Goose. Good stuff.

I want a Fire Pole! Maybe the players could enter the field that way ;)

9. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    I thought I'd add this and it's not really new stadium specific as it applies in SF too, but you all know that hunk of concrete from the front of section 8 in the old stadium? well apparently it'll be going in the players' tunnel at SF (and presumably any future stadium) for the players to touch on their way out.

10. CUS

CUS New Member

Apr 20, 2000
    Real men

Don't shake. Real men bang it off the side.

11. dlm_Fire

dlm_Fire Member

Aug 16, 2002
    Chicago
    First off, take the narrow pitch idea and shove it somewhere. I come out to watch soccer, not ^%#$^#%ing pinball. I hate watching games on a narrow pitch. Cardinal stadium and wherever it is SJ plays make me freakin crazy.

We had a pretty wide pitch at SF and I loved the way our game looked there. We have finally adapted to Cardinal stadium, but dammit I don't want to stay this way. It gets ugly and congested and it rewards the Bob Proberts of the league. Not what I want as a fan.

As for folks offended by the siren idea, welp, I just don't get it. When we score, there is going to be screaming, no doubt, but a lot of different stadiums have traditions and they are what I find cool about the places. Seein the guy in leiderhosen go down the damn slide in Milwaukee, that was cool and memorable. How could having something specific for us on goals beyond stupid generic fireworks detract from the experience? I just don't get that.

12. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    Now that's cool! We should have a chunk of it at the top of section 8 so everybody can have a touch when they enter section 8.

13. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    I think the point was that we don't need it TOO wide. 75 yds is fine. HDC was made for 85yds but the team didn't like it that wide and they moved it in, and now the fans are too far from the action.

I dunno. I just don't care for music after goals, I wouldn't be too bothered by a hockeyesque foghorn.

14. Crewmudgeon

Crewmudgeon Member+

Sep 3, 1999
    Crewdom
    Cincinnati

15. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078
    actually 70-72 yards would be perfect

only a tool thinks everyone in the world plays 75-80 fields

soccer is meant to be played on fields of all sizes... that's why they call them home fields... so you have an advantage... you are use to it

make everything the same and you lose that

think people, think

it's not hard

16. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Well 75yds by whatever doesn't necessarily go against the idea of having seats right up on the field.

Personally, I'd like to see us with a 75yd wide field. 85 or whatever was planned at HDC is ludicrous but 75 shoiuld be comfortable.

Maybe we could make it really short :)

17. joe guy

joe guy New Member

Apr 26, 2002
    Portland, OR
    Yes, nix the narrow pitch. That goes for SJ as well. I want to see soccer, the flowing beautiful game, not some physical debacle.

18. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078

so i take it you don't play soccer and you don't watch it????

19. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    And how many games will you be attending a year here, Mr. Portland?

Ah-thank you.

People get worked up about these new stadiums being "homes for american soccer" or some BS. No. Columbus Crew stadium is THEIR home. The Toolbox is the Crayola's home. Mary Kay Park at Frisco Square (all pink of course) will be DALLAS' stadium. Harrison will be for the METROS.

This place, if and when it comes about, will be solely and specifically OURS. I don't give a sixth of a shit what other teams do with their stadiums, and i don't want anyone nosing in on ours telling us what we should do. Butt the hell out :) This will be OUR house.

20. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078
    seriously.... we ran into this problem in the 60's and 70's with the cookie cutter stadiums of baseball & football... busch stadium, the one the giants use to play in, the phillies stadium, the reds stadium, etc.

fields were identical everywhere

who the *#*#*#*# wants that?

i want something that immediately says fire

we have a narrower field or a shorter field

something that gives us an advantage every time we step on the field... besides the one from the fans

i don't want us playing on a 75x120 yard field like everyone else because some stupid euro posing dumbass is under the impression that the beautiful game is always played on 75 by 120 yard fields and anything less is criminal

get real

21. joe guy

joe guy New Member

Apr 26, 2002
    Portland, OR
    Please explain? I watch soccer and prefer the beautiful game, once played by the Fire at SF, but much more difficult on a narrow pitch. I believe I made myself clear, but maybe it is the internet or something that is getting in the way.

22. dlm_Fire

dlm_Fire Member

Aug 16, 2002
    Chicago
    Hadn't read it that way, but yah, am all for that....keeping the seating close to the actual field of play is good, I guess I am just twitchy from almost 2 years at cardinal stadium, I liked our game better on the wider pitch. I don't need 85 yds to be happy, but 70 yds is definately too narrow for my taste....and no, I don't want every pitch in the world to be identical, I just loved the way my home team played when they had room to move and grass to step on...we are getting the grass back, I want to make sure we get the room back as well.

23. joe guy

joe guy New Member

Apr 26, 2002
    Portland, OR
    Sorry but Mr. Portland watches games on television and plans on attending several games throughout the league, including the new Firehouse. I have just as much right to state an opinion as anyone else on these boards.

24. Etienne_72772

Etienne_72772 Member+

Oct 14, 1999
    We don't want a narrow field. Keep it wide--let there be space!

25. It's not the size that matters. It's how you use it. Which is why there should be alligator pits and swinging axes on the field.