What do you think should be Ecuador Starting Lineup from now on

Discussion in 'Ecuador' started by Ladic, May 16, 2010.

1. MetroG

MetroG Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Newark, NJ, USA
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Siempre Azul are you serious about J. Rojas over J. Guerron he is no saint but the man has got skills did you see how no one could stop him in The Libertadoras that Liga won and in the last eliminatorias Argentina had two guys on him. It was the coach who didn't like him and did not call him up for most of the games and it was one of the reasons among others that we failed to go to south Africa. Guerron didn't buy into the whole vizuete treating the players as though they were kids and he called him out on it and some of the late subs he made and the coach held it against him. Listen J. Rojas is good and maybe in the future great but he is not at that point yet dominate the ecuadorian league first let him be in the top two goal scores and then he should be called up. Montero and rojas were together en la sub 20 and montero is 10 times better then rojas.

2. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    not even if Rojas would start his career over would he be like Joffre Guerron LOL. Dude Rojas is overrated!! he's not even better than Benitez at club level, let's just put it like that. he's quick, he's dribbling is alright, and he's strong for a little guy, and has lots of garra on the field which are all good but theres still a good handful of players who are better than Rojas. Juan Carlos Paredes> Rojas. Michael Arroyo> Rojas. Guerron>Rojas. Montero>Rojas. and soon enough Marcos Caicedo>Rojas. E.Preciado and Cristian Suarez>Rojas. The only way I can see Rojas fitting into my starting 11 is if him and whoever else we have as striker make some dynamic duo. But individually, Rojas has a long way to go.

like MetroG says, he's gotta dominate the league before he lives up to his hype.

And who cares if Guerron didn't get along with Vizuete. No one should have gotten along with that ignorant. F*CK Vizuete! he doesn't even seem like authority he looks like a freakin joke waving the flag around before every game LOL. I like coaches with the attitudes of Fossati, Bauza, and even LFS. who the hell is gonna listen to Vizuete? what rep does he have? what experience? it's like telling a grown man to ask a 2 year old for advice. At the end of the Qualifier both Guerron and Valencia said that there were certain players that were part of the NT who shouldn't have been there. you can guess who they were. I'm not saying Guerron was an excellent player for the NT this Qualifier b/c he wasn't. he was actually as much of a failure or more than what Benitez was.

3. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    There is a saying in Ecuador that goes like this, "si el río suena es porque piedras trae". Guerrón was accused by not only Vizuete, that I do not support, but by other players of the National Team. Now, he is having problems with the coach of Cruzeiro. What is going on?

4. cristian1mv

cristian1mv Member

Jul 6, 2005
    that saying and that so called point/question has nothing to do with guerron being way more talented that rojas...

5. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Guerron had problems in Spain and problems in Brazil, but they're totally different. In Spain it was racism and his retarded teammates who initiated arguements/fights with him. No player is going to succeed in a team with that kind of negative vibe from YOUR OWN TEAMMATES. The coach had an indirect problem with Guerron b/c of the brawls b/t him and his teammates.

In Brazil he has a direct problem with the coach not giving him minutes. This does not relate to his teammates. I just saw Guerron play a few minutes in the Libertadores last week (cruziero vs sao paulo). He's still quick, he's in shape, and he played pretty good participating in various dangerous plays that he created for his team. I couldn't tell you if he deserves to start or not or if he deserves more minutes but it does make you wonder how he's benched regularly when he performs that well. Any player would complain, it's normal. When your doing well and you don't get opportunities, your eventually gonna get angry (especially after being in cruziero that long).

Alexander Dominguez has been doing extremely well the past year and has only matured as time goes by. The kid's got so much talent and is the best keeper along with elizaga that we have. This past week he said he was pissed that Vizuete didn't give him opportunities to play in the last 2 friendlies with the NT. Vizuete said he didn't care. Who's side do you think im gonna be on?

If I were Jefferson hurtado or edison Preciado i would have complained even more than Dominguez.

6. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I do not argue his talent. As a matter of fact, I like the way he played until he was playing in LDU Q. At that time I thought that he was the best at his position that Ecuador had but after all I have heard about his behavior toward different coaches and/or players, that is a problem that no team should have. Especially, a National Team, that is trying to start a new process into the Copa America for next year and the World Cup qualifying games for the next World Cup. A team should have is unity and not differences in opinion that could create confusion and resentment among each other. Like I said before, I know that he is a talented player but if he has discipline problems, he does not need to be in the National Team. Another player that is the that path is A. Bolaños. How in your right mind, you are going to get to drunk and drive a car a few days before already being selected to represent the National Team? If he was not stopped by the police for driving the opposite way on a one way street, he would have played for Ecuador. Thank you, Mr. police officer for doing the right thing this time.

7. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    the reason he didn't get along with Vizuete was b/c Vizuete didn't know what he was doing. Trust me, he wasn't the only one that didn't like Vizuete. Mendez didnt like him either. Valencia, as humble as he is, knew Vizuete didn't have what it takes to coach a NT and probably didn't want him there either. Of course Guerron is going to get mad/frustrated, just as ALL OF US, that Vizuete would have Espinoza in the defense and continue having the Caicedo and Benitez pair up front...along with other mistakes. you were probably just as frustrated with Vizuete during the Qualifiers too. I'm F*CKIN GLAD someone stood up and told that f*cker Vizuete that what he was doing was straight up amateur stubborn sh*t. GO GUERRON!

8. MetroG

MetroG Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Newark, NJ, USA
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Siempreazul I agree with you that the national team should have unity and be professional but in my opinion that coach was treating the players like the Sub 20 they are not young ones the guys are professional ballers that play over seas, that style of coaching does not work now. Can Guerron learn to be like a A. Valencia a true professional let's hope so and of course I'm not saying Guerron is right but at the time we needed the best ecuadorian players to step up and he was one of them and he was ignored by the coach just to teach him a lesson. SiempreAzul your right I'm just angry with Vizuete we should have gone to South Africa. It Blows not to see Ecuador en el Mundial!

9. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I did not like Vizuete from the start. Let's see if FEF decides to place a quality coach for the National Team. Somebody that will assume the responsibility and not hide. As it is, FEF is not making any attempt to get a new coach. FEF should have acquired a coach already. I do not want to see Vizuete with the National Team anymore. He is a hard headed. He does not like to switch certain players that were not playing effectively. He insisted on Benitez when he was missing every shot. He placed C. Tenorio when he was hurt vs Colombia. He insisted with F. Caicedo. These are key positions that he could have tried somebody different.

10. Emelectric15

Emelectric15 Member

Emelec, LA Galaxy
    Ecuador
    Mar 13, 2005
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Ok this what I would like to go with as far as possible lineups.

----------Dominguez-----------
    Ibarra/Guerron------Campos-------Ecua Avatar----------Ayovi

Valencia-----------Nobboa----------Hidalgo----------Montero

-----------------------Caicedo-----------------------------

--------------------Kaviedes-------------

Bench:Tenorio, Castillo, Benitez, Reasco, Bolanos, Sombrita, Mike Rodriguez, some young prospect I don't know about. Mora.

This team has the right balance I fell.... Cuz you need a player in middfield to distribute the ball well and he is NOBOA Hidalgo cn play recovery in a defensive role. I left out Castillo because he too shaky and has slow ball control his athleticism is great and at times he makes his class shine through but not often enough IMO. Valencia should be on the right with guerron makin runs behind him this would work since Valencia knows when to cover and backtrack. He could also play more central role if he wants. Noboa would just look for him on the spaces Noboa is a great passer. Montero seems like a good choice on the left wing he's proven himself a solid player with great penetration he just need to improve crossing and awareness on the pitch.

Caicedo I feel he will never be a good CF it's just not what he likes to do he doesnt score goals cuz he always drops back and try to be creative. so he should play just unnder the striker and link up with the mids. Kaviedes should be our CF he's still very skilled and intelligent on the pitch he still posses that class that can't be practiced or taught. He is oldernow which is a problem and not physicaly fit enough but he needs to be dedicated and work hard in training hit the gym like he said he would. Trust me guys this new Kaviedes can get it down I'd give him a chance atleast for the Copa America and if something better comes a long so be it. peaceeeeeeee.:cool:(I'm not gonna proof read this sorry)

11. cristian1mv

cristian1mv Member

Jul 6, 2005
    not bad except for the kavidez part and the
    ecua avatar?

12. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Ecua Avatar is as experienced as anybody else we have in that position. I'd say give him a try.

13. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Kaviedes hahahaha when are some of you gonna finally realize he should be retired by now lol daaamn....I'd rather have Benitez and Caicedo play then Kaviedes. that's how pitiful he is now.

14. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    jefferson hurtado is the ecua avatar im guessing?

15. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    No, the EcuaAvatar is Perlaza.

16. Emelectric15

Emelectric15 Member

Emelec, LA Galaxy
    Ecuador
    Mar 13, 2005
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    pitiful in what way he was good in the 2 friendlies better then Benitez or Caicedo ever did as a lone striker. He had no support from the midfield if had service he could of done better and he actually created ALL our dangerous chances he also held the ball well. All he needs is to drop some weight and he will be fine.

17. Emelectric15

Emelectric15 Member

Emelec, LA Galaxy
    Ecuador
    Mar 13, 2005
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    The Ecua Avatar
    [​IMG]

18. Emelectric15

Emelectric15 Member

Emelec, LA Galaxy
    Ecuador
    Mar 13, 2005
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Does ne1 else think that maybe La Sombra could play in a different position? like for instance DM? or even striker? he's a good header of the ball he has good ball control he's a decent passer. Lets be honest over the years he's been pretty solid at the back he has the experience he makes dumb mistakes sometimes but he has ggood technique and skills. I would like to see him play in a midfield role as defensive or as a striker just to see how it goes.

Fleitas is another guy that I could see in that DM role we need to replace Castillo but I don't see ne1 capable of it ATM should we experiment with some defenders? see if they can make the transition? What do you guys think?:)

One more thing I reeeeeeally feel Valenciaa would make one heeeeeell of a good striker especially for us. remember Henry started on the midfield and turned into a great striker. Lets just consider this for a minute eh? we have plenty of good Mids who provide creativity, so why not put Valencia up front with Caicedo or Benitez, Valencia has proven he's decent when around the box he's quick strong and has a powerful shot(pretty accurate too) but he's never played there up front hes always on the wing or as a DM. I feel his ability is more suited for a striking role. Valencia would just need to improve his awareness and his shooting but I would rather have him up there then in the midfield where we don't need him as much. This would cater to a tactic of playing more defensive like in the 2002 WCQ and taking advantage of long balls and open spaces to exploit for Valencia Caicedo we would be killer on counters.

------------------Dominguez-----------------
    Ibarra---------Sombrita--------Campos------Ayovi
    Guerron-------Noboa-----Espinoza/Hidalgo--------Montero

--------------------Caicedo/Benitez
    --------------------Valencia/Kaviedes

19. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    how does it occur to you that la Sombra Espinoza should even be in our NT? a striker?? wtf LOL not even a defensive mid. hell nooooo. what kind of experiments are these

Fleitas lol wow, do you even know how old he is?

Valencia should stay where hes at IMO, a good striker would need to be able to use both feet or else he'd become WAY too predictable..i don't think it would work. In fact, Valencia's centers are necessary from the right side so he should definitely not leave that position. he OWNS that spot.

these experiments aren't going to find us a striker.

and whoever has kaviedes in their list for our NT is just stubborn. kaviedes is done and over with.

20. Emelectric15

Emelectric15 Member

Emelec, LA Galaxy
    Ecuador
    Mar 13, 2005
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Well Espinoza is a solid player right now has een doing well. I am suggesting him as a possibility but you understand what I want is to experiment some with the system with the tactics and the players Vizuete is not doing nothing he has no idea how simple using tactics and strategizing can be for winning games.

I believe Valencia has a good knack for goal as ne1 available you leave him up high and just get it to him he can create trouble he could develop a left foot and get goals. He could be like Rooney...

Lets face the facts here ok.....no bs you need a good striker you can even get bye with a crap team if u have good strikers that is key to futbol. We had TIN but we can't replace him or we can maybe if we experiement with our team we can make a forward out of Valencia He could adjust at any position I feeel.

Kaviedes now don't get me wrong I have my doubts too but he seems to still have a nice touch with his boots those are players you need to keep around especially for home games where we we missed a player like that up front to make a through pass a nice cross or just be in the right place in the box.

what we need to do is find replacements for mendez and reasco we dont have any atm at the end of the day we aint in the wc which blows but it gives lots of time to make changes and experiment..

21. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I don't think there's a whole life time for us to wait for Valencia to develop a left foot. By then he'd be retired. And I personally think his assists are vital for us from that right wing. IMO he shouldn't be moved.

Finding a replacement for Reasco and Mendez isn't as troublesome I think. The midfield we have is overpopulated with good players. As of right now I see Miguel Ibarra or Wilson Folleco covering Reasco's position. The defense does not really concern me as much. The huge problem remains up front. And the only new player this year that i've seen with qualities that could probably fit in with the NT in some future is Marlon De Jesus. But even he has a long way to go.

22. Emelectric15

Emelectric15 Member

Emelec, LA Galaxy
    Ecuador
    Mar 13, 2005
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Well right noe there is not much to play for CA is 3 years away. is the best time to experiement then later we need what are players capacitys are he(Valencia) can play more versatile in the NT. He could play defensive with Castillo if you prefer that one. Up front the best one ti fill that role is Bieler cuz he's never played for Arg. Other then that Ibarra is not going to replace Reasco I prefer Guerron there but thats cuz he can use his speed to make runs from behind the midfield c hes better playing further back like in Liga where he defending well too.

23. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Guerron will not fall back to defend...and he's still a ball hog.

24. jv9008

jv9008 Member

Oct 3, 2006
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Guerron will NEVER fall back to defend. Just ask Getafe, or Cruzeiro, even LDU. I mean this guy will zoom past anyone on a good day. But I think he would give Campos and Ambrossi trouble in the Libertadores '08.

I still think Guerron should be in the lineup. Maybe as a supersub?:confused:

25. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    and i will be the third to say GUERRON WILL NEVER EVER play as a defender. He's a straight up attacker who must have the ball at his feet for him to be satisfied...and if that isn't the case, then he'll go all the way up front til he has possession of it. a ball hogger like Guerron should never attempt playing in Reasco's position. we'd be playing with 2 central defenders and one left back if that ever happened. IMO, I see nothing wrong in Miguel Ibarra...and in the mean time i'll rather sit back and watch Folleco develop then see Guerron play that position. Folleco's been doing well lately in Macara so between now and the Qualifiers he's got time to show what he can do.