What could $90 million do in the US?

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by CG, Nov 10, 2004.

1. CG

CG Member

Jul 25, 2001
  2. spejic

spejic Cautionary example

Mar 1, 1999
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Think of it as a risky investment that will pay off many times if we can get the oil out of there.

3. CG

CG Member

Jul 25, 2001
    Sad really.

4. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can think of a lot of things the governement does with our money I consider either wrong or wasteful, but rebuilding a city we're currently shooting up isn't one of them. Unless you think we should never do anything fer them shifty foreigners.

5. CG

CG Member

Jul 25, 2001
    We shouldn't even be in Iraq. Think how much money we'd be saving. It's all about the oil.

6. GRUNT

GRUNT Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lake Oswego, OR
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's called opportunity cost.

IMO, you are right to be pissed. However, $90 million is nothing compared to the daily cost of the Iraq War, which is over three times that.

I challenge any one of you suckas to justify this war to me. I'm in the mood.

7. CG

CG Member

Jul 25, 2001
    Oh, I know but this was fresh on Yahoo News so I got riled up.

8. Claymore

Claymore Member

Jul 9, 2000
    Montgomery Vlg, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What ever happened to the confident predictions of BushCo. that Iraq would easily pay for its own reconstruction? Guess we haven't secured the oil fields yet... :rolleyes:

9. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My wife and I have two very different "Hey kids, clean up" philosophies. My wife has an inherent abhorrence of disorder, so she wants the kids to continually pick up. Me, I just want them to pick up before they go to bad.

What makes this especially moronic is that we can take territory, BUT WE CAN'T HOLD IT. So we're gonna leave Fallujah, the insurgents are gonna come back, and then we get to perform this stupid pointless exercise all over again.

10. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    That is arguably the biggest lie of the war, and yet the Bushies got away with it (mostly because numbers don't mean anything to most people and we're borrowing the money)

11. Benito

Benito Red Card

Aug 25, 2004