What Club Team Do You Support and Why?

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by 1MADDOG, Apr 7, 2009.

1. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Okay guys I support without a doubt The Strongest, I lived in bolivia for my first five years. Before I moved to the states, I only have two memories of bolivia. They both happen the year I moved to the states in 85. First one is the trip here, the second was my first The Strongest vs Cholivar match. We lived a few blocks away from Siles, and I remember my old man getting his radio dragging me by my hand to the stadium. We walked up the concrete steps of silies en la curva sur. I remember siting in the cold concrete seats and seeing the green grass on the stadium, and then hearing the mixed of boo’s and mainly cheers as both teams came up the steps and onto the field my dad showed me the most wonderful colors gold and black, and I remember some old man coming towards the seats and yelling out the most exciting words it was the war cry that would change me forever. And for a second there was silence and then like a tiger I felt the world around me shake as the crowd roared back the war cry. That emotion was with me for years. Until I heard it again in 90 or 91 I remember that’s the first year a Bolivian team had ever played in the us. We went to some small stadium I want to say it was GMU, but I don’t remember exactly where. But I was like 11 and I went with my old man. It was The Strongest playing against the Salvis. I think it was Aguila. And then again I heard the war cry. However we left with disappointment as we lost. Rumor was that some hard core tigre fans took the team out the night before and got the whole team drunk.

I also support Universitario, mainly because I like the underdog. And also because my mom is from sucre.

I also support DC, not like I use too but, I do try to catch a game here and there, And I definitely go to the stadium to watch a game here and there.

2. MarcoM3

MarcoM3 BigSoccer Supporter

May 14, 2007
    Reyes, Beni
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    As you probably know, I was born in Beni but I am a loyal fan of Wilstermann.
    Not to bore with the details, but my grandmother (also born in Reyes, Beni), remarried a doctor from Cochabamba a few years after my grandfather passed away, and way before I was born. They soon after moved to Cochabamba.

My brother and I used to spend our winter vacations (summer here) with them, and my step-grandfather would take us to the team's practices and Sunday games. He was a true fanatic.

I got to meet Jairzinho, when he was the team' sensation (yes, the same Jairzinho who won the world cup with Pele), along with other awesome players like Issa, Bengolea, Romerito, Arias, etc.

After my step-grandfather died, my brother and I decided to honor his legacy by continuing to be Wilstermanistas in his name. To this day, my best memories are there...en la cancha #6 del Capriles.:)

3. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    ^^^Nice. Yea i remember hearing how jairzinho played in bolivia.

4. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC

Beni. I heard the women there are darn attractive. Got to check it out.

5. Piffy187

Piffy187 Member

Jul 26, 2009
    FL
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    PEñAROL<----thats PEñAROL by da way my bad for da brightness
    RIVER PLATE
    ORIENTE PETROLERO

CORINTHIANS
    INTER

Well Peñarol because the team is just legendary...when i hear the name Peñarol and see those colors black n gold and that beautiful jersey i always think of those legendary games they played those titles they won,libertadores,intercontinental, numerous others, i love evrythin about this team i admire Uruguayan soccer alot to and Peñarol is Uruguay and Urugay is Peñarol :cool: i am a proud Manya,Carbonero de corazon....yo soy del carbonero,y nada me interesa,solo la marijuana tomar vino y cerveza lol

River Plate is basically the same exact thing as Peñarol the colors, the legendary titles,the jersey oohhh da jersey!!!, the players to River has given the world some of my favorites mascherano,sorin,crespo,salas,farias,ortega,etc...

Oriente Petrolero...now this alota people would say im a pasa-pasa but whatever i chose this...when i was little i use to be a bolivar fan...mostly cause of my dad..my family is split in two 45% bolivaristas 45% wilstermanistas 8% other teams and 2%Orientistas which is me and my cousin...when i was little i use to like bolivar cause my dad use to like bolivar and my uncle played for bolivar in the 60's or 70's but i always liked Oriente secretly lol so as i grew older in my teenage years i always use to be more interested in the games Oriente played than bolivar and stuff like that i founded myself buyin Oriente manillas and the crazy joker hats and flags at the stadium so then one day i remember bolivar and Oriente had to play in la paz(i was in cochabamba at this time) about to watch it on tv and i wanted Oriente to win and i would say but wait wtf si yo soy bolivarista and than my conscience was fightin with me(it was weird) eres de Oriente and than Oriente scored a goal and in my heart i felt sumthin i just screamed goooooolll cara** cabr** pu*a goooollll de Oriente papaaa!!!! lol ever since then im 100% Orientista i have no more passion for bolivar i no like no more i always felt like i was obligated to like bolivar cause of my family but after that match i proudly picked and found love for my own team...oh and my fav color since i was little was always green i guess that plays a part to :p

Corinthians ever since i saw them play against wilstermann en el capriles me and my dad went cause it was a libertadores game and it was a decisive match i think and they tied 1-1 and we were clearly there to show some support for wilstermann even though we are not wilstermanistas but i remember we were sittin in preferencia and a little above us were the Corinthians hinchas and the wilstermanistas were insultin them but they kept calm and they replied sumthn i think they were sayin chivos! chivos! or sumthn lol it made me laugh then i remember they won the intercontinental cup in 2000 and whenever Corinthians played another brazilian team or any team i always wanted them to win n i hate sao paulo and palmeiras.also my fav player of all time plays for them now Ronaldo so that gives me more reason to be un torcedor mas de Corinthians

Inter de milan cause my fav players always played there Ronaldo,Veron,Crespo,Adriano,Figo,Maicon,Zanetti, etc...plus i hate AC Milan even though my fav players also played for them but i still hate AC...and i dont really like blue but there black and blue with a touch of gold makes a very nice jersey..its the only european team i like im not much of a fan of futbol europeo in south america theres more passion more evrythin

well thats it my bad for makin this long im just bored but yea thats my fav teams

6. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    ^^^Nice, i feel the same way about euro futbol.

7. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    Welcome PIFFY!

8. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Feliz dia de la Independencia de nuestra bella Patria. Aunque hablamos mal de FBF, todos aqui mostramos la pasion y amor a nuestra patria y equipo. Saludos y abrazos de mi parte a todos mis hermanos y hermanas Bolivianos.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bivWPnAjxq4"]YouTube - VIVA MI PATRIA BOLIVIA[/ame]

9. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    De mi parte tambien, hasta incluiendo a los cholis :D