What can we expect from FIFA WC 2006

Discussion in 'Games' started by CCSC_STRIKER20, Apr 19, 2006.

1. CCSC_STRIKER20

CCSC_STRIKER20 New Member

May 14, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FIFA World Cup 2006 is coming out April 28. I have gone to the game site and have seen the information. It's awesome that there is gonna be a lot more countries and there is going to be qualification and the finals in the game. What else can we expect, gameplay and otherwise, from this game? Will it be worth the purchase?

Another question, I'm thinking of purchasing Worldwide Soccer Manager for my G4 Mac Laptop, is it worth the money?

2. Koz

Koz New Member

Mar 10, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought it came out April 24

3. perucho79

perucho79 New Member

Dec 2, 2004
    Monumental
    comes out april 24 in north america and 28 th in europe

4. Vinotinto10

Vinotinto10 New Member

Sep 8, 2005
    Miami,FL
    Does anybody know the South American countries that will be in the Game ? since I read you can ''take your NT to the world cup'' i'm guessing we can play the qualifiers with our countries.

5. perucho79

perucho79 New Member

Dec 2, 2004
    Monumental
    all the 10 conmebol teams will be in the game

6. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    that's awesome. licensed? real names and such? Hope so. :cool:

7. Vinotinto10

Vinotinto10 New Member

Sep 8, 2005
    Miami,FL
    I'm not a FIFA fan...but i've been watching some previews at Ign.com and it really looks cool with the licensed teams and all that but i notice they trying to make the Gameplay almost like WE.I hope they never compare to WE (I'm a WE die hard fan) but i guess i'll be buying my second FIFA game this time (My first was FIFA Street-cool Game) it sucks that WE don't have a lot of licensed teams,It would be awesome to have a game like WE with the Licensed teams like FIFA ! but that's never gonna happen :eek: anyway,It's gonna be Sweet to play the South American Qualifiers !! and then the World cup.:)

8. Koz

Koz New Member

Mar 10, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does anyone know how many CONCACAF, UEFA teams will be represented? Are the only African teams the 5 WC qualifiers or are there more?

9. ZeekLTK

ZeekLTK Member

Mar 5, 2004
    Michigan
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    From someone else's post there are only 13 CONCACAF teams in the game (out of a possible 35... ******** you EA).

The teams are all 12 who were in this year's semifinal stage and then Nicaragua...

They completely left out Cuba, Haiti, Barbados, and other good island nations.

There are plenty of African teams though. I saw Benin and Uganda on the list, so I am guessing they have all the African teams who reached the final stage of qualifying (the group round).

10. ECUNCHATER

ECUNCHATER Member

Sep 30, 1999
    I have no clue about game play, but the US national team in that game doesn't look like the real one from the photos I have seen. I would love to know what stadiums will be in the game. It says stadiums from every region would be in the game. It would be great if Crew Stadium would be in the game since I went to the USA vs Mexico World Cup Qualifier there.

11. 2ndAveFC

2ndAveFC Member

Mar 23, 2004
    LAX
    what to expect?

a lot of pomp, little circumstance?

12. Koz

Koz New Member

Mar 10, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nicaragua?

Talk about random.

13. CCSC_STRIKER20

CCSC_STRIKER20 New Member

May 14, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yeah... at least there's more teams in other divisions. If the 13 team number is right for the CONCACAF then it was our turn to get the shaft like the African federation got the shaft every other game. I just hope the gameplay is good.

14. ECUNCHATER

ECUNCHATER Member

Sep 30, 1999
    13 CONCACAF teams isn't a big deal. Outside of USA, Mexico, and Costa Rica the rest really don't do much. A lot of the teams in our region are small Islands that are hard to find on a map anyway.

15. ToBeAGooner

ToBeAGooner New Member

Jan 3, 2006
    Typical EA Sports garbage. Big on style, slim on substance.

16. GutBomb

GutBomb Red Card

Aug 28, 2003
    Outside Boston
    i just picked this up for the xbox and nintendo DS. I haven;t gotten to play much on the xbox version yet (will probably do so from the time i get home until the time scrubs and house come on tonight, lol) so i'll report back with my findings. one thing that has stood out with the DS version that they have fixed from FIFA 2006 is the controls. When FIFA 2006 came out for the xbox it had a new control scheme called "new analog dribble" which is basically a rip-off of winning eleven controls. it made the game much better! well, the nintendo ds didn't have them, opting only for the classic controls. the Nintendo DS version of WC 2006 has the new analog dribble, so I can finally play it without having to adjust the way I play!

I am playing as the US in qualifying right now on the DS version and there is no way to edit my squad beyond the 23 it includes, so i can't call up players not included in the default squad. i'll let you know if i can do this on the xbox. i expect i probably can, because it worked like that for UEFA Euro 2004.

USA Starting 11:
    Keller
    Cherundolo
    Berhalter
    Onyewu
    Lewis
    Ralston
    Mastroeni
    Beasley
    Reyna
    Donovan
    McBride

Subs:
    Howard
    Bocanegra
    Convey
    Twellman
    Hejduk
    Albright
    Armas
    Cunningham (really?)
    Johnson
    Quaranta
    Gibbs

17. subbuteo

subbuteo New Member

Dec 17, 2002
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. Strieder

Strieder New Member

Mar 18, 2006
    I just picked it up as well (for the xbox). Havent played it much, just a quick 20 minute game with my girlfriend. So far I really don't like it. Compared to WE/PES I find it slow, and I feel that I have less control over the players. It just seems clunky and arcade-like. The graphics are also really poor, and there are quite a few framerate drops.

I'd like to see other people's opinions, maybe I need to give it more time..

It doesnt compare to WE though :p

19. ShoelessMan

ShoelessMan In vino veritas!

Jan 25, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got the game this afternoon on Xbox 360. The graffics are really incredible on the 360, but I guess that's what HD will do for you. I had a large list of players to choose from for the US.

My starting eleven looked like this...

GK: Kasey Keller
    LB: Carlos Bocanegra
    LCB: Oguchi Onyewu
    RCB: Eddie Pope
    RB: Steve Cherundolo
    DM: John O'Brien
    LM: DaMarcus Beasley
    AM: Claudio Reyna
    RM: Clint Dempsey
    LF: Landon Donovan
    RF: Brian McBride

I decided to start out on the Road to the World Cup, which starts with a friendly match... I played Japan and ended up winning 9-0. So, I tried to up the difficulty level, but I still haven't been able to find a way to do that within your qualification campaign. The big problem here is that as you get better, you have to start all over to get to a higher difficulty level.

Hopefully I'm wrong here and there is a way to change the difficulty level mid qualification. If someone knows how to do this, I sure would appreciate some direction!

Overall, I was very pleased with the gameplay and the graphics. I'd like to be able to change player numbers or create players, but even without being able to, I loved the game. Shooting on target was actually much easier than in previous games.

Any other Xbox 360 users, bring your feedback to the table! Peace!

20. ECUNCHATER

ECUNCHATER Member

Sep 30, 1999
    What stadiums are in the game? I read that it has stadiums from every region in the game.

21. GutBomb

GutBomb Red Card

Aug 28, 2003
    Outside Boston
    are you sure you are playing "FIFA World Cup 2006" and not "FIFA Road To The World Cup 2006"? Road To... is actually an older game that came out last fall...

Whatever the case is, the xbox version is great in my opinion. i thought the graphics were great and ever since they changed the controls to match WE i have found it the more fun game to play of the 2.

btw, you can change the difficulty mid-campaign. go to My World Cup and then Game Settings. you can change it there.

22. ShoelessMan

ShoelessMan In vino veritas!

Jan 25, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, I'm actually playing the new one that just came out yesterday, World Cup 2006. The one with Reyna on the cover. I sold the "Road to" version to get money towards purchasing the new one. In regards to the 360 version, I tried what you're suggesting in the settings menu, but there's not a difficulty feature in the game settings that I could find... Have you done this on 360 or on Xbox?

23. GutBomb

GutBomb Red Card

Aug 28, 2003
    Outside Boston
    i am talking about the regular xbox. unfortunately lots of newer games that come out for the xbox 360 are actually stripped down versions of the current gen ones like the ps2 and xbox. it doesn't make a lot of sense to cut features for a better system, but they do it to save development time because they know you're gonna buy it anyway because of the nice crisp HD graphics.

BTW, FIFA 06 was in 720p HD even on the regular xbox, but World Cup 2006 is only 480p. The xbox could have easily handled 720p for this game too, but they decided to cripple it so sales of the 360 and 360 version of the game wouldn't suffer. so i guess it works both ways.

24. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    1) I like how during the qualification games, they have pop-up notifications about the other two teams' game. For example, I was playing USA-Jamaica, and mid-game a score alert popped up for El Salvador/Panama. Pretty cool.
    2) I also like how they play the winning team's national anthem during the post-game highlights.
    3) They have lengthy videos about each World Cup city (except Gelsinkirchen, probably because it is too industrial and ugly) and each World Cup stadium. Pretty sweet.

25. Brainodo

Brainodo New Member

Jan 17, 2002
    Hoboken
    I don't know about the XBox version, but the 360 version has a misprint on the box. It plays in 720p.

And this version also has the entire qualification process. RTWC really was a woeful cash-grab.