What are the chances...?

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by BrandiC63, Aug 5, 2002.

1. BrandiC63

BrandiC63 New Member

Apr 8, 2000
    Piscataway, NJ
    of Skate going to the NY vs DC game this saturday??

2. StarCityFan

StarCityFan BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 2, 2001
    Greenbelt, MD
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If I were the coach, they'd be pretty darn good. I'd be resting anyone who's recovering, like Mak and Mia, and playing those who will be subs at best during the playoffs.

3. Freestyle2000

Freestyle2000 Moderator

Feb 6, 2000
    LA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    No time for rest.

I personally would start Mia and Mak (if Mak is going to be in the starting lineups). The goal at this point is to get them into full match-shape for the final rounds.

Both players have all off-season to recuperate.

RS

4. DCUPopeAndLillyFan

Apr 20, 2000
    Colorado
    Since Ann Cook is out, I'd say likely. She can see what she's been missing all season in New York :p

Little anecdote - Skate signed our banner at the Old Glory event and I mentioned what a blessing in disguise it turned out to be that she was cut by NY. She was stunned that any fans even knew about that! Skate had fans in NY too - when I was up for the NY-SD match a few weeks ago, one person who knew I was a DC supporter suddenly blurted out, "YOU GUYS GOT SKATE!" and almost knocked me over...

5. BrandiC63

BrandiC63 New Member

Apr 8, 2000
    Piscataway, NJ
    lol I'm one of the NY fans of Skates!! I missed her too..I met her and Bonnie Young at the Power vs Charge pre-season game when they were sitting there with Mrs Pearce. They were both praying to get pulled in by the Power, but only Bonnie was lucky enough..haha. Well I am so happy for Skate and I was asking this question because I have a pictuer of me with Bonnie and Skate and I was interested in having her sign it.. :)

GO SKATE!!