What are the air zoom 90's made of.

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by soccermasta28, Sep 8, 2002.

1. soccermasta28

soccermasta28 New Member

Aug 19, 2002
    i know i sound stupid but what are the air zoom 90's made of. i asked a couple of people and they told me kangaroo leather but alot of u guys said its not. so what is the kng 100 g stuff.

2. NC_ODP02

NC_ODP02 New Member

Mar 5, 2002
    NC, USA
    KNG stands for kangaroo......but it has that coating of the sticky stuff....and I think it might be part microfiber as well...I dont really know......

3. Becks7

Becks7 Member

Dec 6, 2000
    Hong Kong
    it's not kangaroo leather, it's just simply a synthetic leather that doesn't stretch, and doesn't hodl very much water.

the sticky coating has it's own name. It's called "First Touch" or something along those lines

4. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    its a microfiber boot no leather is on it at all the KNG was first used to compare its touch with kangroo boots the coating wears off a little too

5. Fiero20

Fiero20 Member

Aug 3, 2002
    Gillette Stadium
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the air zoom 90's are made of kangaroo leather with some microfiber thing in it. they are made in italy. the good pair anyway. they put the special one-touch coating on over the KNG leather, which provides a better feel, repels water, and limits stretching of the shoe. i know because i love the boot and i e been wearing the air total for a few years now.

cheers.

6. Becks7

Becks7 Member

Dec 6, 2000
    Hong Kong
    what part of the 2 previous posts don't u understand? KNG is all synthetic, no kangaroo leather at all

KNG 100 IS NOT KANGAROO LEATHER

7. Fiero20

Fiero20 Member

Aug 3, 2002
    Gillette Stadium
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "the air zoom 90's are made of kangaroo leather with some microfiber thing in it. they are made in italy. the good pair anyway. they put the special one-touch coating on over the KNG leather, which provides a better feel, repels water, and limits stretching of the shoe. i know because i love the boot and i e been wearing the air total for a few years now.

cheers."

thats what i said originally
    if u could read straight, u can see i wrote KANGAROO LEATHER, not KNG 100. and yes, the cheap air zooms have that. some lazy people INCLUDING me use KNG as a short term for kangaroo. i hoped someone would be smart enough to realize that because the "KNG leather" (the one that IS synthetic) is not called that. it is simply KNG. so get yur facts straight. and read next time please.

8. Becks7

Becks7 Member

Dec 6, 2000
    Hong Kong
    KNG doesn't stand for kangaroo

I had a pair of Nike Match Mercurials made of KNG 100 and if inside the box there was a sticker naming all the features of the shoe. It said that KNG 100 is a lightweight synthetic leather. KNG tries to emulate Kangaroo leather.

For Nike's top of the line boots they have KNG 100, Kangaroo leather, Nike Skin.

http://www.soccer.com/IWCatProductP...Id=1&Section_Id=1016&pcount=&Product_Id=49757 (Total 90 II KNG 100 G)

http://www.soccer.com/IWCatProductP...Id=1&Section_Id=1016&pcount=&Product_Id=21418 (International Kangaroo Leather)

http://www.soccer.com/IWCatProductP...Id=1&Section_Id=1016&pcount=&Product_Id=44274 (Mercurial Vapor NikeSkin)

9. Fiero20

Fiero20 Member

Aug 3, 2002
    Gillette Stadium
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    KNG stands for kangaroo in my book. its an abbreviation.
    just like CLB stands for columbus and USMNT stands for United States Mens National Team.

if theres a 100 after the KNG then its not kangaroo. u r rite on that. but if its just KNG then i think abbreviation.

cheers

10. katiew

katiew New Member

Sep 13, 2002