Wfan Sports staton

Discussion in 'Business and Media' started by Frank Cunha, Oct 27, 2003.

1. harttbeat

harttbeat Member

Dec 29, 1998
    New York
    another words, stop bothering me Frank and NyrMetro!

2. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    When did I bother you? never

You don't have to respond, but guys like me, NYR Metros, and others will continue the fight either with you or without you.

3. Red Card

Red Card Member+

Mar 3, 1999
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    don't click on the thread and you won't be bothered!

4. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    I will continue, you can ignored the thread
    I'm not going to quit

5. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    got another 10 guys at work to send e-mails, for all it takes

6. Kevin Etzel

Kevin Etzel Member

Jul 18, 2000
    New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I sent an e-mail sent to WFAN argueing there are enough Metros fans to warrent more coverage on WFAN.

7. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    every e-mail helps, keep it coming guys, at least they know we are around, and listen to the station

8. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    I remember the first couple years of the MLS, the Metrostars had commercials on WFAN for the upcoming games, don't know why they stop, I believe to save money.

9. Why are you guys bothering with this? Do you really want people who have no knowledge or interest in soccer discussing it to the masses? Hearing them give wrong info and bogus opinions is worse than no talk at all. Have you ever heard them try to discuss hockey? Its embarrassing how ignorant they sound. Soccer would be 10 times worse. I could see getting them to at least say the scores on the flash but thats all I would want from this station.

10. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    I believe they are more Soccer fans in the Metropolitan area then Hockey fans , I know we got three Hockey teams, but our youth is stronger then the youth the play Hockey.

Soccer in High school and College,is also stronger.
    Hockey depends on baseball, football, and yes Soccer fans to attended their games.

11. I am talking about the hosts of the programs on wfan. All they know or care about is baseball, basketball, and football. They don't know or care about anything else. Are you sure these are the type of people you want talking about soccer? It would be brutal.

12. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    we not asking for Mike and the Dog to talk about Soccer, they also got Joe Tolleson, all we need his a few minutes a week,
    I remember when the Dog interview Tony Meola a few seasons ago and he did a good job.

13. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    beside Joe Tolleson we got Mark Chernoff the Program diredtor

14. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    NYR Metros

what time tonight, is the soccer show on 620 AM?

15. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
  16. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    I sent this in the other day.....

"The New York Metrostars will be playing Game 2 of playoffs series with the New England revolution on Sunday, 4 pm at Gillete Stadium. The game will be broadcast live on MSG. The Metrostars need to win the game by 3 goals in order to move on. I hope WFAN will give the Metrostars a least a little coverage in what could be their final game of the season, yet their most important to date. I hope that WFAN will in the future give the Metrostars, and soccer in general some coverage in the future. I understand that Joe Tolleson is a soccer fan, would it be possible to give him some air time to discuss some soccer? Thank you very much for your time, and have a wondeful day."

This was the response I got today...

"We've been getting a lot of e-mails like yours and passing them along to management. We'll continue to do so. "

17. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    let's continue, no time to give up know

18. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    How would this be any different than reading BigSoccer?

Sachin

19. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    keep mention Hockey, we got nothing to do with Hockey.

20. DAGSports

DAGSports New Member

Sep 19, 2003
    As I'm aware, Joe Tolleson is NOT working much if at all for WFAN during hockey season. His primary job is hosting CBS Radio/Sirius/TWI's NHL broadcasts and the daily "NHL Live!" on TWI/Sirius/nhl.com, as well as being PA announcer for the NY Rangers. He does a few Champions League games for Oceania and Canada while JP Dellacamera is off doing Atlanta Thrashers or Metrostars games (and hence Derek Rae moves up to the #1 team with Tommy Smyth). He'll return to full-time work at WFAN sometime in the spring.

21. Kevin Etzel

Kevin Etzel Member

Jul 18, 2000
    New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    WFAN RESPONSE

I sent a second e-mail saying that the Metros averaged over 15,000 fan for home games this season, equal to or more than the Islanders and Devils

RESPONSE FROM WFAN:
    Dear Kevin,

I continue to beg to differ with you. There is little to no interest in professional soccer in the New York Market. We really never get any calls to talk soccer. We give the Metro Stars scores and if they had advanced to the next round of the playoffs we might have even done a spot with someone from the team. When you say the crowds are bigger than the NHL games, the metro Stars average about 10,000 fans. The Rangers get 18,000 and the Islanders and Devils get between 13-15,000 per game.

Sincerely,
    Mark Chernoff

E-MAIL TO WFAN:
    Dear Mr. Chernoff,

There is enough interest in the MetroStars, they draw more fans than many NHL games, yet NHL teams get more coverage.

Regards,
    Kevin

22. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    you should also mention the we got 77,000 fans at the Manchester United games, and they coming back.
    I did

23. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    The Jets and Giants get this kind of attendances but they only play 8 games a year, not including the playoffs.

let's not give up, they most be getting pissed at all the emails they getting.

24. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    my second e mail to the station

Manchester United will be back in 04
    Date: 11/11/2003 1:42:57 PM Eastern Standard Time
    To: wfanpromotions@wfan.com

you keep ignoring the Metrostars fan base of 15,000 a game ,WFAN will see how fast we sellout Giants stadium for Manchester United two game in the summer of 04, last year it took 3 hrs, this year we going for a record of one hour.
    if you continue saying you cover the World of Sports then do it
    sincerely yours
    Frank Cunha

25. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ