We've got Galindo now...but what else is needed?

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by boliviankidd622, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Go back a couple pages, conclusion, still early to tell. Lets revisit this after the WC, or in a couple months if we actually have some basis to talk about, meaning real friendlies and matches for our NT. Until then your guess is as good as mine!

2. dsauna

dsauna Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Re: Promessing, young, players that deserve a spot in the National team

I think this thread is exactly the same as "we have galindo now what"

3. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

for real, we got too many topics about this

Edit: not hat we have anything better to talk about :p

4. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC

Soo, what happends if Galindo gets critically injured?

We need to start playing futbol. Maybe even defend alittle.

5. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

True, threads merged....

MOD NOTE: Please look around at existing threads before starting a new one. Thanks guys.....

6. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    are the south american games that are going on right now have our national soccer team participating?

7. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Interesting indeed!

LOL Villegas is a a-hole, he threw his 2 most promising players under the bus, after telling them his goal was to have them be worked in for the next eliminatorias??? Yikes.

And interesting to see that he talked to Fabregas and he told him to go harder on tackles, which interestingly enough is one point i see alot aobut our guys not being 'rough' enough, same goes wiht me personally, lol I am a puss when it comes to going into tackles and committing cause i am affraid im going to snap my shin lol.

But good to see that he is contracted but not yet signed by arsenal, they are giving him money and are basically 'tied' to him as long as everything goes well.

He cuold be the beginning, and can lead to our countries soccer talented being exploited more by eruope like in Africa, with countries like Ivory Coast.

His take too on Nacho Garcias Situtation is interesting. It is true, Bolivian clubs really do try to stifle player transfers, because they ask for too much, and arent willing to let players go. I remember Nachito' had a chance to go to Aris, but because Bolivar wanted too much they decided not to go trhough wtih it. Greece and Aris would be a better team for his talents, and now we may never know.

Also really nice of them to give him 700 dollars worth of stuff at the arsenal store, but thats wierd that it is in dollars, and not british pounds. I wonder whats up wtih that.

Also interesting that his fav player is Riquelme, he does play certainly alot like him wtih his hold up play and vision as far as distribution goes.

And too the points he touches upon with why he decided to forego going through another bolivian club. This sadly may be the way our youth develop the best, and go to europe directly from their soccer academies or those teams in santa cruz.

9. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Not only are his answers mature for him, but 100% true. Other players should take notice of his patience in return for better options. Too many bolivian players sign with teams that pay them a lot of money but not much promise after that, or in the case of Bolivian clubs, they pull all the bad thing to try to stop the player, and they always want more money than they deserve.
    His dad should be advising other young players not to be taken advantage by bolivian clubs.

10. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yes indeed. Smart kid, with a smart and savvy father. Hopefully this could be the beginning of something new for our kids and our futbol.

11. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well idk..i just hope this doesnt lead to him not getting signed at all by arsenal and leaves him stranded in england with nowhere to go

12. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I doubt it, what would be the problem? Unless he has a restriction on revealing anything to the media about him signing??? But I doubt that, its not like its hush hush.

13. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    come on you should know the same old story...parents go negotiate and ask for too much and no deal gets done...(didi and mother go to poland-FAIL)..

14. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    The difference is Arsene wenger said already publicly they are after him, acknowledged his talent, and a bunch of other different things to siutations like Didi, which was strange to begin with.

Randomly endinjg up in peru and then finding out he had no ride to europe, adn then that fell through. This is a total difference, if you dont understand that I dont know what else to tell ya bro. Plus Arsenal have money, and Arsene wenger knows the talent he has in his grasp. It seems too his agent/old man is smart enough to see that you deal with arsenal, dont bail because what bolivian player has started his career at such a huge club? None. Common sense will take over.

15. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    This is the part that gets me. I saw in a press conference that Arsene clearly stated that he signed Galindo.

This was before the whole age thing broke out. Why would Arsene say this with out being factual?

My take is that Galindo is a true talent and Arsene was simply trying to reduce the competition to attain this dude when teh transfer window opens.

We'll see.

16. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so we got galindo in spain at an age where hes not even legal and this can only be a good sign of great player to come. he'll be our #10

but what other players can take up the positions baldi and platini had and repeat the success..we have the forwards and our D can be flawless with a good coach and scheme

but midfield is our problem and if theres no mid then the D will be weak and there wil be no attack and i see that we lack in great supporting mids and effective wingers

--------Lampe/Arias---------
    --RB---CB----CB----Nachito
    -----'Nacho'----CDM------
    arce----------------saucedo-
    ---------Galindo-----------
    ------------M3-----------

pinedo
    pedriel
    Gilbert
    (nobody else is good enough IMO or stands out or is too old)

this should be our IDEAL formation to having a good defensive yet counter-effective team(similar to Quinteros oriente lineup)

where there is no name is where i think we have a weakness in.due to age or not good enough
    even nacho might be too old and fragile:(

watchu guys think..i think it'll be years before our team prospers with great effective players

17. dreyx2000

dreyx2000 Member

Apr 1, 2007
    I actually think D is our biggest problem. Not only do we need GOOD people back there.....we also need FAST people back there.

18. dsauna

dsauna Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I think we have a solid team. One more year and Schapareli can "nacionalizarse" with him and Raldez in the defense, we will have a very solid defense. If this becomes true then this would be the ideal formation

------------------Arias----------
    Bejarano--Schiapareli---Raldez--- Garcia

Cardozo----Garcia---Galindo----Saucedo

----Martins--------Alvarez/Pedriel

We also have

Chumacero, Pinedo, Arce, Diego Suarez, Edimir Rodriguez(maybe), Nicolas Suarez, and the U-15 players in 4 years.

19. dreyx2000

dreyx2000 Member

Apr 1, 2007
    I don't recall seeing much of Bejarano.....is he fast? can he make runs up and then come back?

20. MarcoM3

MarcoM3 BigSoccer Supporter

May 14, 2007
    Reyes, Beni
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    He is a pretty fast carrilero. A little small, but he makes up for in in spunk and toughness. He had a great game against Colo Colo in Sucre, and he is only 22.

I like that lineup!

21. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i dont quite agree with the whole schiaparelli thing..hes good ehh ok but very sloppy and i rather have a bolivian at D

22. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    Let's not forget the following dudes sitting in the bench!! These dudes have very good speed and talent! By the time qualifications roll around, these dudes may eliminate some of the players above. I'm confident that at least 4 of the dudes below will be able to contribute

Forwards=Alex ponton, Andres Rivero, Josue Guthrie
    Midfield= Justiano, Miguel Suarez (barca), Diego Suarez, ,
    Defender= Juan Pablo Zabala, Carlos Mendoza

Our defense will be good. Maybe not great, but it will be stronger then what weve had in over 10 years. Our mids look pretty strong and obviously we're stacked up front. I'M EXCITED! :D

23. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Maddog, Some of the guys you mention are too young to be inserted, they're ones that could be ready for 2018 but def not this time around.

24. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    and remember that not all youth players to head to europe actually make out to be a superstar.

remember jose luis ortiz?

25. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    Each passing year, Ortiz's career had a downward slope. Each team he joined just got worse and worse. We'll gauge that with the upcoming players, but I mean we have kids in Barca, Ac Milan and Arsenal, so even a few notches lower is still highly competitive. These teams don't take chums. THey have a pretty darn good evaluating process. What we do know is that they will take someone who is HIGHLY talented, with very good speed. Theres Thousands of HIGHLY Talented dudes out there with no speed. They don't leave South America often.

Chile has a very young team, and didn't Pele, Donovan, Quaranta, Convey, Edson Buddle, Altidore, and Maradona play in their first world cup before they were 18? Wasn't Jaime Moreno under 20?

Your right though, our peak team will be 2018 and afterwards. We are stacked up front with good height, talent, and a tad bit of speed. Our new mids will have more of a physical presense and speed then what we've seen in a while.

Our Defense, well, we'll see. Maybe still the weak link, but who knows at this point. Kinda sucks because this is to me the most important position.

I'd love to see the FBF get many of these players feet wet already, as it will prepare them for 2018. Obviously selection is made based on how dudes do in the next 2 years with their current situation.