West Ham vs. Tottenham, EPL Aug 31

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Phillyspur, Aug 31, 2022.

1. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    We were actually in control of the game (but not necessarily lighting the place up) until Hugo started playing kickabout. But it is one more point than we got in the same fixture last season.

2. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    the optimist in me: we’re getting our spring slump out of the way early with better results

The Spurs fan in me: there’s been some fundamental change that’s impacted the team negatively and the early season optimism was another false dawn.

3. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Yeah, that's a pretty accurate summary. Frustrating that we didn't use more subs. No Gil or Moura, so no attacking options beyond Richy, but even then he didn't come on until 75th minute. Could have moved Perisic up and put in Sess. Bissouma was having a bad game and was on a yellow card, while Hoj was limping around. Yes, Skipp is coming back from injury and Sarr hasn't played in EPL yet, but still...

4. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Now that we are playing once every 3 or 4 days, we will start to see some rotation.

5. Phillyspur

Phillyspur Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Conte explicitly said so after the game, when he was questioned about the single sub.

The pass maps showed we favored bringing it out on the right side of defense, and that involves two of our weaker passers, Sanchez and Emerson. I don't think the opposition forced this since they sat back so much.

I expect Romero to be back for Fulham to improve that aspect. I expect 4 or 5 other changes, at least.