West Ham player in goal scoring shock

Discussion in 'West Ham United' started by Footstomper, Nov 19, 2008.

1. Footstomper

Footstomper New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    Frederick MD
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Matty Upson for England

2. Birminghammer

Birminghammer New Member

Jun 19, 2005
    Wiltshire, England
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Don't.:mad:

I've just had this one out with the Mrs, as part of her campaign of getting on my tits when the footy is on the telly. Of course, if you need someone to score for England against Germany it should traditionally be a Hammer - history proves the point.

Sir Geoff was even in the shakey-hand welcome party to hammer home the point. Along with an elderly Bert Trautman which was nice to see.

(cause of row - she said that was a typical West Ham goal as they always score scrappy tap ins when the box is crowded)

(oooooh she knows how to flick my switches:( )

3. taffhammer

taffhammer New Member

Jan 14, 2007
    london
    and Carson screws up. if Green doesn't get a chance now.

4. hammermolder

hammermolder New Member

Apr 3, 2006
    LA born chelmsford
    Bellend also scored for Wales, hope they get some confidence and start banging them in for the hammers

5. lesliemoss

lesliemoss New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    Malibu, California
    Isn't it ironic??!! Upson and Bellamy score; Collison and Collins shine; if only they could all get it together on the weekend!

6. TheresaWHUFC

TheresaWHUFC New Member

Oct 8, 2004
    Brentwood, Essex
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well proud of our boy, deservedly man of the match.

As for Carson's cock up, the detestable John Terry was easily as much to blame with all his pfaffing about. Saying that however I'd pick Green ahead of Carson any day (but then I would say that)

7. taffhammer

taffhammer New Member

Jan 14, 2007
    london
    Terry looked like he was to blame but he must have had a call from Carson or he would have clattered the ball into row z.

i'm baffled why Green wouldn't get in the squad, must be more truth in the spat with Clemence than we will ever know.

8. norwaytips

norwaytips Member

Oct 4, 2004
    Oslo, Norway
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Of course most goalkeepers that get into the squad do seem to keep more than one clean sheet a year. That's not a complaint, it's an observation.

9. taffhammer

taffhammer New Member

Jan 14, 2007
    london
    agreed this season but carson and robinson have let in more goals, so on that logic he'd still be in the squad.