West Coast of the USA roadtrip

Discussion in 'Food & Travel' started by Chewmylegoff, Apr 13, 2005.

1. Chewmylegoff

Chewmylegoff Member

Jan 26, 2004
    London
    In a few days I'm flying into LA with three of my stupid mates (we're all english, male, and idiots ages between 23 and 25). We've hired a car and plan to spend a few nights in each of LA, San Diego, Vegas and San Fransisco.

Apart from procuring tickets for a Lakers' game, and booking a hotel in Vegas, we haven't really done or planned anything, we've got a loose idea of what we want to do, but I was just wondering if anyone has any recommendations of things we simply must do whilst we're there.

Also, recommendations of decent places to get really drunk and fall off our chairs would be most welcome!

2. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Are you aware that you're not allowed to smoke anywhere? I really really liked San Francisco. Even doing the cheesy touristy things such as Alcatraz was fun.

3. Chewmylegoff

Chewmylegoff Member

Jan 26, 2004
    London
    yes i am aware of that, it will be difficult to handle not being able to smoke, but apparently most places have cordoned off smoking areas outside.

4. Pints

Pints Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Charm City
    North from San Fransisco is the most beautiful part of California, IMO.

Hit Highway 1, and go north.

5. needs

needs Member

Jan 16, 2003
    Brooklyn
    And Hwy 1 between LA and SF ain't too shabby either. The beaches at Big Sur are great, even if the water's cold as ice.

6. Danks81

Danks81 Member

May 18, 2003
    Philadelphia
    First of all:
    Is the best advice you will ever receive. Highway 1 and 101 are legendary roads that hug the coastline up and down the west coast of the United States. Drive them whenever you can and you will not be disappointed.

Also, how many days are you staying? Because if you have some time on your hands I would highly recommend Lake Tahoe. The most beautiful place in the world in my opinion.