We're coming for you..... - OTT 46 [R]

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Red Bird, Apr 5, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dcc134

dcc134 Member+

Liverpool FC
    May 15, 2000
    Hummelstown, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is anyone overly concerned about any business our rivals are doing? I'm really not. Besides PSG in CL, it seems to me most of the moves pretty much just reinforce the status quo, rather than pushing teams to the next level.

If City get Grealish and Kane, it doesn't really change anything with regards to how many points City are capable of getting. Kane just replaces Aguero and Grealish likely to replace Sterling or Silva. Not sure its really an improvement in talent, its just different.

Sancho and Varene to Utd improves them a bit, but they still have a bunch of fairly average players in that squad and a decidedly average manager.

Reports of Haaland to Chelsea and if that happened, would make them much better, but they will be good regardless and seems like Raiola/Haaland/BVB have decided they are happy to wait a year before making a move. What else are they looking to do that will make a massive difference?

2. ewibe

ewibe Member+

Jun 4, 2015
    Stavanger
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Haaland Chelsea is the only one that would worry me but I still think he'd go to real rather than Chelsea or stay one more season at Dortmund to keep his options open and get an even better contract

3. dcc134

dcc134 Member+

Liverpool FC
    May 15, 2000
    Hummelstown, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed. RM probably isn't on the cards this summer, but perhaps by next they are in a better financial state and could afford the move. A lot depends on what Mbappe does and that seemingly isn't getting resolved until next summer.

4. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Varane would help Manure a good bit. That means no more Bailly or Lindelof

5. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I think the addition of Varane and Sancho would be a significant improvement for Utd. Varane would definitely improve them at the back both in skill and experience. Sancho also improves their attack and is a player most here would have welcomed to Anfield.
    I don't think those two are the final pieces of their puzzle but they're two important ones.

bayern is god repped this.
  6. dcc134

dcc134 Member+

Liverpool FC
    May 15, 2000
    Hummelstown, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Certainly, but it doesn't make them a 90+ point team which is what will be needed to win the league. Maybe it gets them to 80, but they got 74 last year and have only finished with more than that once (81, with Jose) since Fergie left. They've struggled to get more than 70 most seasons. They gave up more goals than we did last year and Varane isn't that great or else he'd be staying at RM.

If Chelsea can get a consistent scorer, they could be a threat to do it, but its really just LFC and City who currently have squads capable of doing it.

Red Bird repped this.
  7. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Not sure how many points Utd will be capable of this season just that those are two solid signings who will improve their squad.

8. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Arsenal reportedly signing Ben White from Brighton for around £50m.

9. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good pickup - horrible price.

LiverpoolFanatic repped this.
  10. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Yeah , was thinking the same . The English tax perhaps but comparing to what we paid for Konate ................

11. imasyko

imasyko Member+

May 16, 2002
    Spring City, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe so, but that doesn't mean squat once they're in the side. But Arse need more than that.

12. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    They certainly do yet they've probably splurged a sizeable chunk of their budget on White already.

imasyko repped this.
  13. B.A.

B.A. Member+

Sep 12, 2007
    IL
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
  15. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    this is a really smart plan .... preseason tournament in the US Covid hotspot ....idiots ...

Everton's players are due to fly to America on Wednesday ahead of their participation in the Florida Cup where they face Colombian side Millonarios in the early hours of Sunday morning before then playing either Arsenal or Inter Milan three days later. Both games will take place in Orlando and will be the first official friendly games for new manager Rafa Benitez.

speker repped this.
  16. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Everton's preseason is going well .....

Inter Milan have joined Arsenal in withdrawing from the Florida Cup because of the Covid-19 pandemic.

The Gunners cancelled their pre-season trip to the US after a "small number" of their touring party tested positive for Covid-19. Inter subsequently also pulled out because of the "risks" of international travel in spreading the virus.

Both sides were scheduled to play in the event with Everton and Colombia's Millonarios. Organisers said Sunday's match at between the two remaining sides at Camping World Stadium, Orlando, will still go ahead and "additional updates to the tournament schedule will be announced shortly".

17. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Some good news coming out of Manchester today.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer signs new three-year Manchester United deal.

Good stuff , Ole still at the wheel ! :thumbsup:

asitis, LorneMarvello and newterp repped this.
  18. LorneMarvello

LorneMarvello Member+

Jul 1, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    godwillsit2.jpeg

19. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I don't know, the Varane and Sancho signings are very good for them.

The more and more I look at it, I am ssssssooooooooooo thankful the idiots at barca gave us so much money for Coutinho. I honestly don't think we'd be talking about the trophies we've won had they not done so.
    We need some fresh blood, especially after the strain a lot of our first team have been put under the past two seasons and summers.

20. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Varane and Sancho are good signings . I'm just glad Ole is a mediocre coach and not a really good one who could actually do some damage.

21. hubbabubba

hubbabubba Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2002
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As much as I’d like that these signings aren’t SO bad, they really are. We will need to do even better then before.

22. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Agree. Sancho and Varane are definite upgrades on what Man U has right now.

23. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    bbc is reporting that Shitty have bid 100m quid for Grealish.

idiots. (Shitty, not the beeb that is)

LiverpoolFanatic repped this.
  24. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

Aston Villa and Bayer Leverkusen have reached an agreement for the transfer of Leon Bailey. Could free up Grealish to City now.

25. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    the hype over Grealish kills me, he's a tricky bugger but his biggest skill is drawing fouls. christ, I could do that.*

* really poorly and clumsily and laughably, that is.

newterp and Red Bird repped this.