Wenger sign this kid NOW

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by bigp, Apr 23, 2005.

1. bigp

bigp New Member

Mar 8, 2004
    TDOT
  2. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Do you honestly think he would be allowed to do that move in the EPL? The defenders here would not stand for it. I would think the EPL is far too physical for him. However that isn't really the point, considering he probably wouldn't get a work permit anyway.

3. Bluto11

Bluto11 The sky is falling!

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
  4. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Just imagine him trying that move against Savage! :eek:

5. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Its a cool move, but in the EPL he would be getting repeatedly kicked in the face and headbutted by defenders "going for the ball".

6. goonsquad

goonsquad Member

Apr 1, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Funny. In the first clip, the defenders get so frustrated, they just kick him! But I agree, he wouldn't get away with that in England. Maybe if he was like as tall as Peter Crouch. Just get him the ball in the box and he'll win a penalty every time.

7. Its only Ray Parlour

Aug 3, 2003
    London
    They were talking about this kid only this week on Talksport, they way they described i originally thought the ball was held balanced on the bridge of his nose while he ran which would have virtually impossible to stop without fouling him, but having seen the video i guess a defender could legimately claim he was going for the ball if he did headbutt him as he hasn't got it under full control at all times. Nice trick but he's got to have alot more about in him in all serious to make it, some of the mosts skillful people with the ball are rubbish footballers. If you catch my drift.

8. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    The biggest problem is that this guy has trouble seeing where he's going. As these clips have made their way on the net, I've six or seven now. Each time, he runs into traffic, two-four men gang up on him, and he's not really got the strength to distribute the ball to take advantage of the clustering. He may draw fouls and cards, but a season or two of the kind of hits we've seen and his career will be over faster than Pete Reiser. (My modest reps for the first person who knows who Pete Reiser was.)

9. Leto

Leto New Member

Aug 23, 2001
    Donegal,Ireland
    [Google]

He played baseball in the 40's.

[/Google]

Hand it over.

10. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Yes, well, but now the boy from Ireland has to at least explain why I made the comparison...

11. 0-Point

0-Point Member

Jun 5, 2004
    Quantum flux

ditto

:cool:

12. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because his career is likely to hit the wall?

13. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Yes!!!

Did you have to google that, or did you know it???

Pete Reiser, for those who don't know, was one of the all-time great one season wonders. Playing for the Dodgers in 41, he had an amazing season, hitting .340 with good power and was a great fielder. had only one season because, as antifan pointed out, he couldn't stop running down flyballs and crashed into too many walls. At one point, Joe DiMaggio was quoted as calling Pete Reiser the best ballplayer he'd never seen.

14. Leto

Leto New Member

Aug 23, 2001
    Donegal,Ireland
    That would have been my next guess ;)

15. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was all google, i never heard of him. I meant the proverbial wall though, not the literal wall. :D It was an interesting story though, it said they had to give him last rites after one crash, and that his plight led to padding on outfield walls. When reading it i kept thinking of the Baseball highlights in Naked Gun, that always cracks me up.

16. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    I'm assuming he'd arrive on the Arsenal pitch in tow with Denilson?

17. jwaldman11

jwaldman11 New Member

Jun 14, 2002
    The OC
    My favorite is when the guy suddenly gets mauled by a tiger in the outfield.

I think my favorite baseball highlight of all time has to be when the minor league player went THROUGH the wall trying to make a catch. It happened like ten years ago, but it's still one of the coolest things I've ever seen.

18. surfcam

surfcam Member

Sep 8, 2004
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm glad you've been so vocal with your stand against bandwidth theft, surfcam. ;) :D