Wenger needs to buy one good or two good players! soon or this season where are 3rd!!

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by sunny17, Jul 12, 2005.

1. surfcam

surfcam Member

Sep 8, 2004
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    for the background between hot pockets and that guy, see this thread!

2. 49unbeaten

49unbeaten Member

Jan 3, 2005
    upstate ny
    LOL!!! thats classic. It took me a while to find the hot pockets part though...

3. sunny17

sunny17 New Member

Jul 12, 2005
    WEST LOZELLS
    You guys are so so random

4. surfcam

surfcam Member

Sep 8, 2004
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We try.

5. ATLGunner

ATLGunner Member

May 8, 2005
    Atlanta
    My Vote: Diarra(rumour however has it he signed a new contract, which would make this impossible)
    Maduro

However I instead expect and trust Arsene to reach into his magic hat and pluck us out a star. Spend the real money on a striker, find a bargain at CM. Why? No star can come in and replace Paddy. Too much expectation, he will be overwhelmed. However if we have little expectation, a player can succeed.

Spend the big bucks on a Torres or the like since the Beast has turned us down.

6. sunny17

sunny17 New Member

Jul 12, 2005
    WEST LOZELLS
    A player who I would love to see in Arsenal is Tim Cahill I just like the guy. Or even Giuly because if you watch the Barca games this dude is sick. I know a lot of you will disagree with me for the sake of arguing.

now thats random

7. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cahill? Ehhh.

Giuly just signed with Barca last year so it's doubtful he'll be leaving.

8. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    This thread sounds waaaay too familiar, except it's not neccessary. Arsenal have some of the best youth around, as well as some great current players. I see them challenging for the title with ease. All Wenger has to do is adjust his current tactics for Europe.

9. 49unbeaten

49unbeaten Member

Jan 3, 2005
    upstate ny
    Yes, true but these young guys wont be able to fill the void left by Paddy, well at least not this year.
    Is that all we have to do to win the CL??? :confused:

10. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    I'm sure Arsene has a card up his sleeve. He sold Vieira for a reason, so I'm sure he'll find a suitable replacement.

As for the CL issue, the CL is really a hit and miss competition. You can't really predict who is gonna win it(we all know that now). It's mostly the luck of the draw, luck with injuries/fitness and tactics. For some reason Liverpool thrived in the CL but struggled in the league, whilst you guys dominate the league but come up short in the CL. You're superior to Liverpool, so why not? Maybe some small adjustments need to be made.

11. sunny17

sunny17 New Member

Jul 12, 2005
    WEST LOZELLS

12. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well there is certainly a fair amount of luck in Liverpool even making it out of the group stage. Without Gerrard's 86th minute goal in the last game of the group stage, Pool would have spent the summer thinking about their chances of winning the UEFA cup this season. You have to wonder if they would even have Gerrard now. Sounds like a bit of luck to me.

13. jegerpenge

jegerpenge New Member

Jan 18, 2003
    Lake Charles, LA
    Hmm, this argument sounds very familiar as well. Didn't we have a whole discussion about whether luck had anything to do with Liverpool winning the CL. One person said it was all skill and everyone else essentially laughed in their face. Ahh, stupid people. Luck had a lot to do with it, but it's easier to be lucky if you're skillful.

14. deeplennon

deeplennon Member

Jun 15, 2005
    Seattle
    Re: Wenger needs to buy one good or two good players! soon or this season where are 3

So I've read this whole thread yet still no one's answered the question in the topic, Where are third this season? I mean really, where are they??

15. sunny17

sunny17 New Member

Jul 12, 2005
    WEST LOZELLS
    Re: Wenger needs to buy one good or two good players! soon or this season where are 3

shut up

16. sunny17

sunny17 New Member

Jul 12, 2005
    WEST LOZELLS

I did that on purpose to introduce myself - so shut up

17. deeplennon

deeplennon Member

Jun 15, 2005
    Seattle

:confused:

18. CYGAN IS A DUD

CYGAN IS A DUD New Member

Feb 21, 2005
    MELBOURNE AUSTRALIA
    I my self am a bit partial to Cahill but thats mostly due to nationality.

I do have a question. We are slightly starved of news and info here on the other side of the world when it comes to soccer. Whats happening with Van Persie? Are Arsenal likely to end up in the situation where 5 games in to the season the Dutch police are going to turn up at the gates of Highbury to pick him up for further questioning?

19. Flash2

Flash2 New Member

Mar 17, 2005
    England
    Van persies been given two weeks off by Wenger.

20. jatm516

jatm516 Member

Feb 4, 2005
    Hope, Arkansas
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Pretty spunky Cam! Looks like he's saying, "You want a piece of me?"

Sunny, it's not just the period and commas errors in this thread, it's the word mistakes. (where/we're, he/his, our/are, you/your) I almost didn't even click on this thread because the title is completely illegible, as are a lot of your posts. Just take your time, and you will get your point across much more clearly.

21. sunny17

sunny17 New Member

Jul 12, 2005
    WEST LOZELLS

Can please read the whole form before you comment fool.

22. jegerpenge

jegerpenge New Member

Jan 18, 2003
    Lake Charles, LA

Stop insulting the members!

23. jatm516

jatm516 Member

Feb 4, 2005
    Hope, Arkansas
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I'm guessing perhaps you meant to spell forum. I'm not sure what your point was, but I did. Why did you want me to include ALL of the grammatical errors?

24. G dot Ozo

G dot Ozo New Member

Jul 18, 2005
    NJ

This post is exactly the point he's trying to make.

Anyway, as others have said, we should sit back and wait until Wenger makes his moeves. He knows what he's doing, and has a plan for the club. I'm sure we'll see one or two bigger names come in and a few other smaller ones. In reality, we don't really need another striker. Van Persie, Henry, Bergkamp and Reyes is an extremely solid strike force. I'd like to see us snap up a winger or a defender, but now that SWP is gone we'll see.

25. JohnW

JohnW Member

Apr 27, 2001
    St. Paul
    After slogging through this thread, I did learn one thing--what a sockpuppet is. Thanks for the info. ;)