Pre-match: Weltmeister vs. 2nd place 9/3/14

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by P to the Wee, Sep 2, 2014.

1. Ricken

Ricken Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The defensive talent is a concern. At all those misses up front i was always on the verge of saying "Gomez would.have scored that" only to realize that Gomez was the one to miss.them, all of them. All in all i wouldnt read much into this friendly, the team will not be as remotely close as the 11 today. And i hope Loew gets over his issues with Kiesling and gives him a chance, in current condition he would be ideal.

rantanplan repped this.
  2. chewz

chewz Member+

Sep 13, 2012
    Toronto
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    dafuq was going on in here?

:eek:

3. Fussballer

Fussballer Member+

Liverpool FC
    Sep 18, 2002
    In my head
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Political Correctness strikes again.:eek: Should've took it out and paraded around every dude in a blue uniform. The trophy too.;)

That game was a mess. Gomez & Reus looked very rusty. Plenty of chances to score but botched pretty much every one. Kroos too. Draxler looked better than his usual self but Grosskreutz & Durm were very poor. Ginter in the same sinking boat. Don't know if these guys are Nat team material. Thought Ruediger looked good. That lad was a beast in his little time out there.

I hope it all gets sorted on Sunday as another embarrassing display will have everyone howling, "These guys are the World Champions?"

4. rj123

rj123 Member

The team with the most German NT players
    Germany
    Nov 21, 2010
    Winnipeg, MB
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think it's Kiesling that has the issue not Loew. I seem to recall Kiesling stating that he would never play for Loew, and I think that Loew had even tried to reconcile when it looked like neither Gomez or Klose would be available.

5. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Oh good we're finally off page 6. Can't wait for my next easy win prediction for the next game thread :cool:

6. Fussballer

Fussballer Member+

Liverpool FC
    Sep 18, 2002
    In my head
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    [​IMG]

P to the Wee repped this.
  7. dips82

dips82 Member+

Oct 11, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Do we have a moderator? How FCB-fan not yet banned?

8. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  9. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Sack Jogi Loew, he will never bring Germany a title. :rolleyes:

Kirsten19 and chewz repped this.
  10. rantanplan

rantanplan Member

Jun 16, 2006
    Berlin
    We will be never become World Champion with him in the next four years.

Kirsten19, chewz and "Eisenfuß" Eilts repped this.
  11. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  12. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hopefully this match teaches Jogi that Gomez just isn't a tenable option for us...and not that Jogi needs to make Gomez our 9 until he retires...

13. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Exactly, as has been proven to so a WC with a lot more talent than any other team requires a manager who never makes mistakes and so if anyone could pull it off with this german team, who only outclass every other team by an order of magnitude, they'd be free from ever being criticized because clearly they could never make a mistake...

Or maybe that's not correct, and a manager who has a lot more talent to work with than his competition could actually get away with making mistakes, nah, that's not plausible. I mean just look at previous German title winners, they are always coached by guys who were perfect like our last title in 96...

14. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Seriously he had a long period of injuries and more or less just returned to play. The overreactions here are again breathtaking and irrational.

silver. and Liquid1010 repped this.
  15. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That would matter if Gomez didn't waste chance after chance and clog the box before his injuries. But those issues with him have existed since he first broke through because he's so unskilled and has so little mobility.

bayern15 and Psychosis hsv repped this.
  16. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    In reality he has one of the best chane/goal ratios in the world in any competition.

silver. repped this.
  17. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I don't think we should judge Gomez's finishing by this match, because, as @Dage pointed out, he has a superb record overall of finishing chances. However I share @Rosebud's concerns about him perhaps not being the answer we need at CF.

18. Dmnk

Dmnk Member

Jul 27, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    If he wasn't stumbling around so much and contributed to the attack much more in other ways than scoring, it wouldn't be nearly as bad.

19. Hendrik

Hendrik Member+

Aug 27, 2005
    Deutschland
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Justified or not, he'll always be the primary scapegoat and the first player fans turn against. Booing your own player, the first game after winning the freaking World Cup? Jesus Christ. If I were him and were part of the World Cup squad, I would have called it quits.

Dhajj and Dage repped this.
  20. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Exactly, granted his scoring rate would look less impressive if the majority of his chances weren't taken from closer in than a penalty, but if Gomez had any use further from the goal that would be forgiveable.

21. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Wow you really believe what you're writing don't you? Has he banged your wife or do you just like those mob actions? That's so sad on a personal level.

22. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Why can't you ever understand that just because someone criticizes a player, doesn't mean they hate said player personally? Or is this simply your way of expressing disapproval of a criticism without actually producing a counter argument?

23. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Lolz calm down. You can _critizise_ a player but what Gomez faces is irrational hatred. That also needs no counter arguement because the charge was wrong in the first place. You can say you don't like his habit, his style of play or that you prefer other players. All fair enough. But what was spread on the last page is just pure damn poor hatred. I hope you understood this finally.

24. Dmnk

Dmnk Member

Jul 27, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Who here spreaded hatred? Did I miss something? None of us know him personally. I would never hate for football. It's solely about Gomez the football player and not about him personally whatsoever. I believe the booing was uncalled for but that won't stop me from pointing out that I believe he stumbles around too much and contributes too little to the overall offense to get a lot of benefit of the doubt when he is not capable of fulfilling his sole purpose on the field: score. When he doesn't score he sometimes feels like a minus on the field. If he gets his mojo back I have no problem with him in the national team...on the bench. :)

25. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well you missed a lot then.
    http://www.spiegel.de/sport/fussbal...i-deutschland-gegen-argentinien-a-989849.html

"Der Unmut gegen ihn hat sich aufgeschaukelt, er ist nicht mehr rational. Um von Pfiffen verschont zu bleiben, darf Gomez mittlerweile eigentlich keine Chance mehr vergeben. Bei jeder verpassten Gelegenheit erinnern sich die Zuschauer an vergangene Patzer, vergangene Schmähungen.

Gomez selbst sagte nach dem Spiel, die Pfiffe seien angesichts des Spielverlaufs verständlich gewesen: "Ich habe natürlich versucht, die Dinger zu machen und hätte es vielleicht ein bisschen besser machen können." Der 29-Jährige hat gelernt, sich defensiv und selbstkritisch zu äußern. Helfen wird es ihm vermutlich nicht."