Pre-match: Weltmeister vs. 2nd place 9/3/14

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by P to the Wee, Sep 2, 2014.

1. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    chewz and HANS-GUNTER BRUNS repped this.
  2. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    continued

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

chewz and HANS-GUNTER BRUNS repped this.
  3. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  4. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  5. rj123

rj123 Member

The team with the most German NT players
    Germany
    Nov 21, 2010
    Winnipeg, MB
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Based on what? I will be surprised if this won't be a big loss for us. Look at how many of our starters are missing and/or retired from international football. Also looks to me like Argentina are bringing almost the entire squad that started against us (minus Messi) that our best team couldn't beat in 90 minutes and gave up at least 2 really good chances. If Germany plays like they do for most friendlies Neuer could be picking the ball out of the net a few times.

Dhajj, zant and trance-x repped this.
  6. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    lol this dude has no clue huh?

chewz and Vlad S. repped this.
  7. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    this always works. best case would have been @Lahmfan had started the thread.

8. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    We also need a @HANS-GUNTER BRUNS sighting and for him to supply the cocaine for today's party

bayern15 repped this.
  9. trance-x

trance-x Member

Jun 22, 2005
    Berlin
    #9 trance-x, Sep 3, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2014
    its actually September 3. (today) ...

furthermore: I agree with rj123. This game is not easy to win ...

Lahm retired (= no world best right/full back anymore in the NT)
    Mertesacker retired
    Klose retired

Schweinsteiger: injured
    Khedira: injured
    Oezil: injured
    Boateng: injured
    Hummels: injured

lets face it:
    - apart from Neuer, the strongest part of our world cup defense is missed (lets not forget: there was a reason why they were chosen and not other ones)
    - an important part of our midfield is missed (same story)
    - with the loss of Lahm our right forward wing is weaker

Instead we have a bunch of new players who are quite unexperienced/unused to play together in the NT. And some of the world cup players who are going to play are still not up and well. I see just the return of Reus as a win (compared for instance to the loss of Klose. I always liked Klose but for me it was already in the world cup obvious that he is too old. Many reactions were to slow, too many sloppy passes etc.) ...

Teams look like this: http://www.augsburger-allgemeine.de...arum-Loew-heute-umplanen-muss-id31206907.html

Deutschland:Neuer (Bayern München/28 Jahre/52 Länderspiele) - Großkreutz (Borussia Dortmund/26/5), Höwedes (Schalke 04/26/28), Ginter (Borussia Dortmund/20/2), Durm (Borussia Dortmund/22/1) - Kramer (Borussia Mönchengladbach/23/5), Kroos (Real Madrid/24/51) - Müller (Bayern München/24/56), Reus (Borussia Dortmund/25/21), Schürrle (FC Chelsea/23/39) - Götze (Bayern München/22/35)

Argentinien:Romero (Sampdoria Genua/27/54) - Zabaleta (Manchester City/29/43), Demichelis (Manchester City/33/41), Garay (Zenit St. Petersburg/27/25), Rojo (Manchester United/24/29)- Biglia (Lazio Rom/28/26), Mascherano (FC Barcelona/30/105) - Lavezzi (Paris St. Germain/29/37), di María (Manchester United/26/52) - Agüero (Manchester City/26/56), Higuaín (SSC Neapel/26/43)

The Argentinian team is quite the same, even Di Maria is back. Messi is missed - but he had never really shown up convincing against a German team.

Long story short: there are many good reasons to see Argentine as the favorite for this particular game ...
    I hope of course that we will win. But apart from those I am quite interested to see how the new younger players are doing, even if we lose this friendly. It is anyway necessary to integrate new ones. I am on this note concerned about the loss of Lahm. I doubt that he can be replaced adequately for the next time. But regarding his age it is nevertheless necessary to change/solve this problem better earlier than later ...

10. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    brain fart my bad

lol

@HANS-GUNTER BRUNS will you please let these people know they have no idea what they are talking about?

11. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Pre-game choreo going to be sick!!

[​IMG]

Baumeister repped this.
  12. Sifrit

Sifrit Member

Mar 15, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yes, Lahm is the big loss from the retired players. Stupidly, Löw now thinks Rüdiger is the great hope for the right back position (he said so at yesterday's press conference). Rüdiger plays CB for Stuttgart and not particularly well either. Could be the next Mustafi. Löw should at least first try the obvious candidate Jung who actually plays RB for his club team and at the international level too.

13. RMCFkevin

RMCFkevin Member+

Nov 20, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    This thread title :D

P to the Wee repped this.
  14. trance-x

trance-x Member

Jun 22, 2005
    Berlin
    maybe it is due to statistics and other data?

for instance:

Antonio Rüdiger:
    height: 190cm

PS: 86,9%
    Rating: 7.41
    source: http://www.whoscored.com/Players/104010

_

Sebastian Jung:
    height: 179cm

PS: 83,3%
    Rating: 6.12
    source: http://www.whoscored.com/Players/71852/

_

aboutWhoScoredRating: http://www.whoscored.com/Explanations

15. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well to cut a long story short....we all know what they say about opinions..everybody has one...just like another anatomical area!
    Its actually fun to let such..remain in the dark and enjoy the little bubble they live...bottom line
    Power to Maxwell and "easy win" :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

16. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Damn ....i should have checked this thread regularly...quality parties need pre assessment and organization...specially if high octane material is needed amongst the ranks:devilish::devilish::alien::devilish::devilish:

17. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    DEFFO easy win indeed:ROFLMAO:

18. Sifrit

Sifrit Member

Mar 15, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You can't evaluate football players based on some arbitrary numbers from WhoScored. Especially not when they don't even play the same position.

Rüdiger is a centre back. He passes to the full backs, the other centre back and the defensive midfielders. His passing success should be close to 100% or he's a danger to his team (which Rüdiger is often enough anyway) if he plays bad passes so close to his own goal.

Jung is a right back. He goes forward a lot and plays dangerous passes to help the attack. Some of these passes and crosses don't connect, of course. Attackers always have worse passing statistics than defenders because they play high risk passes. Last season Jung had 8 assists in the BL. Even Bayern's starting right back Rafinha had only 7 assists in a season in which Bayern scored 94 goals while Frankfurt only managed 40.

Generally, I can't see any sense in playing a mediocre CB out of position at RB, when there is a player in the league who isn't any less talented and actually plays the RB position every week for his club team. Rüdiger shouldn't even be invited as a CB, because even there other young players like Knoche, Süle and Jantschke have outperformed him. According to Kicker ratings Rüdiger was the 42nd best defender in the BL last season. He is not there on merit.

19. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    There's no sense in comparing any random RB in the world with Lahm cause all of them always will look like noobs. That's why Lahm is and was the best.

20. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    @Sifrit: your negativity towards Löw is pretty annoying.

21. Sifrit

Sifrit Member

Mar 15, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So you believe that Rüdiger is a better right back than Jung and deserves to be tested there as the first successor to Lahm? Why?

22. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I just think that the consistent lament, you can call it the transfermarkt illness, at this point is just bizarre.

23. Sifrit

Sifrit Member

Mar 15, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I don't agree with this decision because it makes no sense to me that Rüdiger is now Germany's best hope at right back. I don't believe he will improve the national team. If you do, tell me why and we can discuss it. I understand you prefer not to mention it or complain about it but it's not like I've spread lies about Löw or Rüdiger.

24. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    guess who's back
    [​IMG]

bayern15 and Vlad S. repped this.
  25. Vlad S.

Vlad S. Member+

May 6, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Take it easy, it's the first match since Lahm's retirement. A lot of players will be tried in that position.

In any case, Großkreutz is starting at RB today.