well we could be chicago...

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by Zak, Oct 31, 2004.

1. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    that's all.

2. UncleSam527

UncleSam527 Member

Jan 14, 2002
    Two consecutive seasons of missing the playoffs would give us a better chance of getting rid of Andrulis. Though, it was nice to brag about the Supporters Shield for a week...

3. JasonC

JasonC New Member

May 21, 2001
    Billings, Mont.
    At least we flamed out in spectacular fashion.

Only a club as massive as us could accomplish that.

4. ManiacalClown

ManiacalClown Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    South Jersey
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All valid points.

5. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    Personally...

I'd rather not make the playoffs than lose to a side like the Rev's.

At least it'd get us another allocation to waste.

6. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Glad to see you didn't waste any time changing your avatar, Fid. Apparently Greg coached the boys to not, under any circumstances, score on penalty kicks.

7. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    I changed it as soon as I saw Washington starting, if I were at home

No way under anycircumstances should Greg be sitting two of our three top scorers for the year in place of a guy who we signed only a few weeks ago from the A-League. That decision doomed this team from the start of the game; oh yea and those two PK's that we had saved. Why the FVCK is Sanneh taking that Pk anyway? Can anyone answer that with a straight face?

8. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I couldn't disagree with that more. Edson was terrible in leg one, and Dante is a very similar style player who busts ass for 90 minutes and scores ugly goals, which is what you would expect to get in a situation like this. I agree with you that Cunningham should have been on the field. Somewhere. Anywhere. In Martino's place, maybe (although Kyle did have a decent match).

The lineup Greg put out there totally outclassed New England for the majority of 90 minutes. If somebody could make a damn penalty kick, we win the series going away. But they were saved, so Greg's a moron again. I don't buy it. Not for one second.

Why did Tony Sanneh take the second penalty kick? Well... damned if I know. He didn't hit an accurate ball all night. I don't know why everyone thought he'd start then. (By the way: when you're ten yards away from the penalty area, don't hit your crossing pass fifty yards. Just a tip. :mad: )

9. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At least we're not the Burn, either.

10. THOMA GOL

THOMA GOL BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah those m@ricones have trophies, not to mention a FO that gives a shizzle about supporters like us. They may be lamenting in the offseason like us, but then they can keep their fever up by watching highlights of their past championships, ahhhh the good ole days. Our beloved Crew??? Once more the Columbus Crew supporter gets tricked and pimped instead of being treated!! OUTSTANDING job Crew Front Office!!! :mad:

11. Own Goal Hat-Trick

Jul 28, 1999
    ColoRADo
    yeah if they won the supporters shield i doubt itd go to some crotchety old cunty grandma.

12. Sirk

Sirk Member+

Apr 25, 1999
    Cleveland, OH
    For those inquiring about the 2nd PK....

Ross had thoughts of redemption, but was called off by Jeff. Jeff was ready to take it, but then he was called off by Sanneh. Jeff said that with his confidence being as shot as it has been over the last half of the season on the bench, he felt he could not argue with a starter and World Cup player. In hindsight, Jeff expressed regret at not being selfish. Both Ross and Tony admitted to being faked out by Reis as they approached the ball, thus the weak shots as they second-guessed on their approaches.

That's the Cliff's Notes version, since I'm closer to smashing my recorder than I am to transcribing quotes.

Sirk

13. FireFanKeith

FireFanKeith Member

Mar 6, 2000
    chicago,il usa
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well if you were Chicago you could be shining your 3 US Open Cup trophies along with an MLS Cup Trophey. There also wouldn't be that Cow stench in the air. Oh yeah we also have a Supporters Shield as well.

14. Flyer Fan

Flyer Fan Member+

Apr 18, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    Son of a bitch, I had post #9 in the first cow comment pool. Add that to having Sanneh in the first goal pool and I'm on a bit of a losing streak.

15. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We'll alzo be of learding ker-rect grammer And Capitalization Skills.

16. TheImposter

TheImposter Member

Jun 15, 2002
    Centerville, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hog Butcher for the World.....

And there's more!

They tell me you are wicked and I believe them, for I
    have seen your painted women under the gas lamps
    luring the farm boys.
    And they tell me you are crooked and I answer: Yes, it
    is true I have seen the gunman kill and go free to
    kill again.
    And they tell me you are brutal and my reply is: On the
    faces of women and children I have seen the marks
    of wanton hunger.

Seeing as you claim your birthright from the city of the big shoulders, I assume you don't need this glossed for you.

17. Marchetti

Marchetti Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Chicago->STL->Denver
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Wait, I'm sorry... how many trophies do you have? And the Fire have how many? WOW. Funny.... (And you have TWO extra seasons in MLS/Open Cup over us).

18. TheImposter

TheImposter Member

Jun 15, 2002
    Centerville, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where do people get the idea that Columbus is a cow town anyway? I grew up just a few miles north of a ranch that raises a lot of the stock you see on PBR, and I went to a high school that offered Ag shop and Rodeo Club. It's about 2000 miles west of here. You may see a few head in some of the Ohio farms, but there ain't no ranchin' here.

19. Crew14

Crew14 Member

Apr 11, 2000
    Brunswick
    You also forgot to mention a front office that knows what they're doing and how to treat their fans.