Well-Oiled Galaxy Earns Big Win Over Experimental Blues Squad

Discussion in 'Orange County SC' started by LA_Blues, Feb 6, 2012.

1. LA_Blues

LA_Blues Member

Apr 4, 2011
    Fullerton, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "The Los Angeles Galaxy looked ready to defend their MLS Cup trophy in a convincing scrimmage win over a highly experimental Blues lineup on Friday. While the Galaxy has kept the core of its 2011 team together and had a fairly short offseason, Blues Head Coach Naimo is in the process of completely revamping his squad. With about ten likely signings yet to join the team, Naimo fielded a number of trialists and used the Fullerton-based club’s first preseason match to try out different tactical ideas.

In the end, the Galaxy’s superior fitness and chemistry proved too much, as the MLS side came away with a 7-2 result behind a brace from striker Adam Cristman. While the Blues’ improvised defense looked shaky throughout the match, the attack showed a lot of promise, with trilialist Cho Suhyung adding the exclamation point in the from of a well-taken goal to temporarily cut the deficit to one..."

More: http://labluesprosoccer.com/home/595826.html

Any thoughts on the game?

2. ripsaa

ripsaa New Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Whenever I hear Adam Christman and brace in the same sentence it makes me nervous.

3. ButlerBob

ButlerBob Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2001
    Evanston, IL
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well with the return of Buddle, I would say he's on the chopping block and really needs to produce. Does anyone know where Barret is in his recovery? I would say if he's close to being ready then Christman's days are numbered. Do you you have a list of the lineups from the game?

And with the Blues coming off a fairly sucessful first season, it seems like your making a lot of changes. Would think there would be more fine tuning then big roster changes. Is there a change in the approach?

4. LA_Blues

LA_Blues Member

Apr 4, 2011
    Fullerton, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are no official lineups for this one, as both teams made a lot of substitutions and we had numerous trialists on the field. Apologies!

The consensus among the coaching staff and ownership was that while reaching the playoffs is a significant accomplishment for a first-year team, the team underachieved overall and showed considerable weaknesses in certain areas. The Blues are an extremely ambitious organization, and the feeling was that a roster overhaul would give us the best shot at improving on our performance in 2011.

5. LA_Blues

LA_Blues Member

Apr 4, 2011
    Fullerton, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why is that?

6. ripsaa

ripsaa New Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    because he choked on a brace in the Galaxy Final

7. Ace&Jocelyn

Ace&Jocelyn New Member

Feb 7, 2012
    Hermosa Beach
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I see Chad Bond has signed with the team. A former Wales Youth International who hasn't done anything really. Spent A LOT of time in very low divisions in Europe. Surprise anyone from the US even noticed him.

8. LA_Blues

LA_Blues Member

Apr 4, 2011
    Fullerton, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At this point, we are not able to confirm that Chad Bond has signed with the Blues. On a rather general note, most players don't reach their full potential until someone sees something in them and puts them in the right environment. It seems fair to say that a player's background is not always indicative of his quality.