Well it's pretty clear who the European target was

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by boomersooner027, Dec 21, 2008.

1. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not sure I need season tickets.

2. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FC Dallas: We're interested in being good, just not that interested.

You know, for years I thought Lamar Hunt and his milque toast decisions was weighing down FCD, Kansas City and Columbus. But now I think it is his stupid sons that were weighing him down. Did you see the crowd at the Chiefs game Sunday. They have turned the Chiefs into the Wizards in 2 seasons.

Look, soccercaptain, you make decent points. But HSG will never be willing to spend the money on a DP that woudl actually move the dial. So why not get a DP that will actually make the team better.

Getting excellent players on a FREE transfer should be the MLS model. It is a travesty that MLS did not get this deal done. This is the type of player MLS should sign to keep players like Beckham and Donovan interested in playing in the league.

Spin this one Hitch.

3. Easton FC

Easton FC Member

FC Dallas
    United States
    Jul 18, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you're asking Hitch to spin anything, you should also ask the GMs of Tottenham and DC United to try the same thing. DC apparently thought keeping Gallardo was a better deal than getting Appiah, and Tottenham won't touch him now with a 10-foot pole because his asking price, the same price he asked of us.

I'm sorry, but paying a man $2m per year who has those kind of injury problems, no matter how good he is or how good you think he is, just isn't worth it IMHO.

4. boomersooner027

May 13, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas
    I don't think that's true. I think it's that they couldn't find someone to take Gallardo and he has a guaranteed number for next season.

How do you know he asked the same price to Spurs? In the Goff article I believe it says he was willing to take less to play in MLS.

5. ttujosh

ttujosh Member

Mar 9, 2003
    Dallas, Tx
    OH So Tottenham, of THE ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE, thought he wasn't the best purchase, so FC Dallas shouldn't get involved either! Clearly both teams are fighting for the same players. I dont really recall EPL teams lining up for Angel and Blanco, yet they still are solid players. As Boomer pointed out, the way the article reads is that DC wants him, they just dont have the ability to get rid of Gallardo at the moment. I have yet to hear a valid reason from anyone on here on why this signing shouldn't happen. This nonsense about him being a box to box midfielder and as such wouldnt fit it to this team, the last time I checked we havent won a championship, much less a ********ing first round playoff game with the current roster. So if better players come available, we damn better bring them in if given the opportunity. I said this before, we can sell Richetti and Dax, and leave Bruno on the bench if he came in.

6. soccercptn

soccercptn New Member

Aug 9, 2000
    Plano
    It's always about you, isn't it ;).

7. Scipio Gothicus

Aug 6, 2001
    Cabo San Lucas
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are we certain of this?

The team has gotten worse over the last two years. Cast your memories back...FCD was once the dominant team in the West. Taking the short term view, as Hitch always does, the coach was fired. The next coach had come to the conclusion that the team had gone as far as it could, and, taking the long term view, disassembled the team and brought in a youth movement. The team did make the playoffs, and, while defeated by Houston in the first round, had a chance to win it.

This past season, with the leading scorer gone, the team was up and down. One would expect this with a young team and an aging Traffic Cone. The team had aterrible game. Hitch, again, as always, taking the short term view, fired the coach. HSG, at this point, took matters into thier own hands, and hired a coach from the college ranks. By the time he came in, the story had been all but written.

The third coach in Hitch's tenure has claimed he wants to make the team better with a series of rhyming words. He did, however, note that he needed a few players, such as true wingers, a central defender to replace Traffic Cone, and schemer who does killer things. Indeed, he had targeted the natural born killer he targeted. He even, suggests the information as I understand it, negotiated with this man.

HSG balked at the price. Granted, the league only would pay a quarter of it. Granted, there was no transfer fee involved. For this quality of play, such a fee might be greater than the amound asked. FCD has been offered more for KCJ.

The short term view, has in the past, hurt the team. It does so now. Again, I ask the question, does the FO, wish to field a better team? Does HSG? In light of what we know of the actions of these worthies, it is more than a fair querry. A question that must be answered, in the dealings of the team.

So,for now, we are doomed to read the first line of The Good Soldier, and never beyond.

We deserve better.

Dead but dreaming,
    Scipio Diabolus,
    vox fatum.

Contra.

OU drew the short straw.

8. stopper4

stopper4 Member

Jan 24, 2000
    Houston
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How about this: they say they want to be good.

But I also say I want to sleep with Catalina from My Name is Earl - and both of us aren't getting very far with just talk and I figure our chances of success are about even.

Like FCD, all I have is hope. Just not much of it and less of it than yesterday.

[​IMG]

That is what Kenny Cooper should look like to the FCD FO.

10. Easton FC

Easton FC Member

FC Dallas
    United States
    Jul 18, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok, enough about the fricken FO. Appiah didn't wanna come to MLS, anyway. As for Cooper, I think there's another thread for that...

11. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks Granny. Enjoy your advisory board.

12. TheGreatTrollKing

TheGreatTrollKing New Member

Aug 30, 2008
    Note to self: In 2009, start watching My Name Is Earl.

13. markspence02

markspence02 New Member

Aug 10, 2001
    Fort Worth
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. cowtown

cowtown Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 8, 2006