Welcome Pato !!!!!!

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by freakmax, Aug 3, 2007.

1. Kulspruta

Kulspruta New Member

Jul 26, 2007
    BH, Brazil
    Club:
    Cruzeiro Belo Horizonte
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Pato Will Score 10 Goals And We Will Finish Fourth - Ancelotti
    Carlo Ancelotti gave a long interview during which he talked about a range topics, including Pato, the race for fourth place, his career as a Milan player and coach, and his relationship with the club.

...Ancelotti concluded with a bold statement: "You can bet on it that we will finish in the first four places in the league, and that Pato will score at least ten goals. I have never seen a player that young play so well. I can say that without a shadow of a doubt."

2. kckal

kckal New Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    do you happen to have a link to that article?

3. Kulspruta

Kulspruta New Member

Jul 26, 2007
    BH, Brazil
    Club:
    Cruzeiro Belo Horizonte
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  4. Kulspruta

Kulspruta New Member

Jul 26, 2007
    BH, Brazil
    Club:
    Cruzeiro Belo Horizonte
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Pato has just been called up to the brazilian national team for the friendly against Ireland on Feb. 6, alongside another 10 youngsters below the age for the olympic cut.

5. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Christ I just hope he doesn't get injured.

6. erick

erick Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Bama Nation
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    kerlon should be in that game too

7. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    he is just a kid, learning a new footballing culture, with new teammates, new systems and responsibilities and he has an enormous amount of pressure on him and a bullseye on his back, in a tough, tactical and still rather defensive league. he will have his ups and downs, and tbh, it will be good for him. very few people truly believed he would come and just take the league by storm, except those who bought the management's bs hype. i still think in the league he can get to 10 goals this half season, and even today he had a few flashes that showed his pace and his ability. he really gives us something nobody else, except kaka, which is a big injection of pace and ability to beat men 1v1 and create something out of nothing. now, he just has to settle, cause i know he is a good finisher, i have seen him in brazil, and we know that for his age, he is a very intelligent player, but as i said, he will have some inconsistent moments, especially given that milan still has other players either under performing or just aren't that good to begin with. that just makes it that much harder on the kid.

Hopefully this weekend, he can teach bovo and criscito a lesson...:p

8. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I remember when both Clarence Seedorf and Christian Karembeu both made their Serie A with Sampdoria I believe it was and they looked spectacular. Then they toned down in the next few weeks after everyone got their number. One thing about the Serie A defenders, when they know how you play, its not an easy road ahead.

9. erick

erick Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Bama Nation
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  10. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  12. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    yeah ok, you might measure players by a ridiculous metric such as goals, but personally i prefer to measure by seal dribbles, hence kerlon>>>>>>pato

NFT.

13. Kulspruta

Kulspruta New Member

Jul 26, 2007
    BH, Brazil
    Club:
    Cruzeiro Belo Horizonte
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I root for Cruzeiro since the day I was born and I don't know a single Cruzeiro supporter that thinks Kerlon is better than Pato. And believe me, according to most people I'm as biased as a passionate fan can be, rating Alex from Fenerbahce, and ex-Cruzeiro, as the best brazilian atacking midfielder.

14. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    you are not alone, jawz rates alex as one of the best players in europe iirc.

15. gcstorm9

gcstorm9 Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Club:
    AC Milan
    he wont make it to europe..sum1 will break his legs if he continues that "seal" dribble...persoanlly i think it rather stupid...what eva i dont want him

16. Jawz10

Jawz10 Moderator

Feb 27, 1999
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Don't even get me started on Alex de Souza... best player in the world while at Cruzeiro, easily the best Brazilian in Europe. That he never went to the World Cup with Brazil is a crime. People talk about Riquelme, Zidane, Ronaldinho... Alex is living art on the pitch.

17. Kulspruta

Kulspruta New Member

Jul 26, 2007
    BH, Brazil
    Club:
    Cruzeiro Belo Horizonte
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I couldn't agree more, if he had the chances he would be considered the best playmaker to play the modern game.

18. erick

erick Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Bama Nation
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    kerlon should go to inter.

19. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Pato looked good again on Sunday. So far he has had two great games and one bad and although its still early for him, I can't remember the last time a teenager did this well in Serie A in his first few matches.

20. Jawz10

Jawz10 Moderator

Feb 27, 1999
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    AC Milan
    To be honest I don't think Pato is playing at his maximum which is scary because with his speed and instincts he still manages 3 goals in 4 games! I can't wait to see him once he really settles in... we'll see more dribbles, tricks, and showboating. He has A LOT of talent.

21. erick

erick Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Bama Nation
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    pato is just trying to beat the kaka.

Kerlon >>>>>>>>>>>>>>pato

22. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    yeah, that is what is so exciting to me. he has shown great movement, instincts, etc. now just needs to settle in and play like we know he can.

23. Menguista

Menguista New Member

Jan 15, 2008
    That's funny, because kerlon is like 20 and I've never seen him score in a first division game, neither do anything besides that stupid seal thing.... everything in these videos you show was made on the U20 or U17 (or whatever) championships he played with Brazil, and that's a whole another level than the one Pato is playing at....

24. erick

erick Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Bama Nation
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    pato is suppose to score more goals then kerlon b/c they play in a different position. but i still take kerlon above pato anytime

kerlon>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>pato

25. hectorcrib

hectorcrib Member

Mar 27, 2007
    In a 6.0
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    and ill take a healthy Pato over an injury-proned Kerlon anytime.