Welcome Marco Asensio

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by halamadrid00, Dec 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Deep Pal and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  2. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Go.

Deep Pal repped this.
  3. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  4. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Not good enough.

5. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Post injury or in general?

6. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Totally shit.

Kroosinator repped this.
  7. Kroosinator

Kroosinator Member+

Dec 12, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Asensio with all the game time he's getting should really be doing better...I though he could play himself into form.

8. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    In general. We, as are fans, sometimes overrated some players.. Asensio can be useful squad members, i think yeah, but not starter for this club. 25 is not very young age, he should be peaking or being very near his peak.

Lyra repped this.
  9. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You have to say though, the obsession of this club to turn everybody into a winger is quite amazing.

dooda repped this.
  10. Yannick Relens

Yannick Relens Member+

Real Madrid
    Belgium
    Jan 21, 2018
    The obsession of this club to play people out of position is amazing.

11. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is actually flattering compared to what we’ve seen from Asensio this season in particular

PigBenis and Lyra repped this.
  12. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    He was a limited player with a canon left foot. We have to hype him to be something he is not because we have a tendency to hype every young player associated with the club... especially those that are Spanish

13. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He’d be more useful on a counter attacking team.

Stiliyan and 4x4s repped this.
  14. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So far a much worse version of Gareth, moments , only moments, but too few and too far between

Eddie repped this.
  15. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Good call.

16. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #1591 saadomar, Mar 2, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
    Many including myself were angry at prior managers including Carlo and Zizou for not giving the "youth" enough chances.

At that time, Asensio was without a doubt one of the hottest prospects on the planet. He was scoring on every debut, making key plays. Big clubs like Bayern and Liverpool were singing his praises trying to sign him.

Then that fateful ACL injury happened, and he was never the same after. It is sad because it's also what happened to another player that has now been mostly forgotten, Jese Rodriguez. He plays in Las Palmas now, in the segunda division.

That's unfortunately the fate of many players. One moment they're the next best thing since sliced bread and projecting world class potential. The next they're completely out of the picture of even first class football.

I had a lot of hope for Marco Asensio. But we can only persist with him for so long before we have to move him on. Maybe he can revive his career in a different team that plays a different style of football. He benefits from pace and direct football, where they don't have to break down a defense by passing. But we need forwards that can do much more than what Marco is giving us right now. We need dribblers who can create their own shot and work well off the ball.

A goal or assist every 5 games is not starting material in Real Madrid, no matter how low the bar has gotten these days.

Deep Pal, Lyra and Chinky24 repped this.
  17. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Counting the days for this thread to be renamed to "Farewell, Marco Ausencio".

He was good, not great, before the injury. Right now he should be picked by Elche to lead their project to remain in Primera Division.

Deep Pal repped this.
  18. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The talent is there, (or should i say was?) but the performances are not.

I've posted many times before that not knowing where his best position is, is gonna cost him in the long run. He's not a winger and he's not a forward, doesn't create enough and scores once in a blue moon. Perhaps he would be better, or at least look better, if the other winger wasn't a total waste in front of the goal too.

He's not Real Madrid starting quality, his role as a sub could be acceptable but even then i think that we could do better. At 25 years old, i don't think there's much more room for him to grow and when you are constantly outperformed by Lucas Vazquez, it's expected that he will be criticized by the fans.

Remember when we allegedly rejected an €80M offer for him from Liverpool? Yikes.

Lyra repped this.
  19. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I doubt that happened though, let's be honest.

20. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Once upon a time, he was scoring those special goals. Most of his goals were extraordinary. At the time, he was not worth only 80 million.

Shay Z repped this.
  21. Stiliyan

Stiliyan Member+

Feb 11, 2017
    Bulgaria
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I am also not sure that we had more than 50ME offer for him from any club, but I think that is because other clubs believed that he is not transferable at the time.
    Otherwise, his value around 2017 in that inflated market was above 100ME.
    Just checked at transfermarkt, even they had him at 90ME in 2018 and their prices tend to be a lower than what clubs were paying back then.

Deep Pal and Excape Goat repped this.
  22. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #1597 Lyra, Mar 8, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2021

[emoji406] Something strange is happening with Asensio. His attacking contribution in the last 13 games is poor. He has not fired a shot on target in the last six LaLiga matches. With his 2 goals & 1 assist, he has the same number of goals as Mendy, Varane & Casemiro. #rmlive [emoji3544][emoji410]

— AS

23. Kroosinator

Kroosinator Member+

Dec 12, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Wth.... almost unbelievable. This is a sad stat. Asensio really needs to look in the mirror.

Deep Pal repped this.
  24. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Regardless of what he does, Zidane will keep insisting on him. Asensio is in such a privileged position. Hope to see him gone as soon as possible and good luck at Betis or something.

robnycus and Deep Pal repped this.
  25. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Imagine we passed up on Mbappe and Pogba, sold Ronaldo and Morata
    and gave away Bale and James for free thinking Asensio is the future of the club and after discovering what a monumental mistake it was then doubling down and make him an undisputed starter hoping nobody will notice because one extraordinary goal has erased all doubts in the past.