Welcome Marco Asensio

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by halamadrid00, Dec 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CR7PT

CR7PT Member+

Real Madrid
    Portugal
    Mar 26, 2014
    Portugal
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Thank you!!

And he isn't doing that bad in real life either. Starter in Porto and captain in CL with just 17 years-old.

2. MadridOzil

MadridOzil Member+

Jun 6, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Has made more assists than anyone else so far this season. I'm happy Benitez isn't managing him.

3. Phoenix Rising

Phoenix Rising Member+

Jan 4, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    MerlinRM and sleepyvato50 repped this.
  4. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    OptaJose

10 - Marco Asensio is the first @RCDEspanyol player to assists 10 goals in a single La Liga season since Iván de la Peña on 03/04 (12). Gem.

S1na, Crimson, natenate101 and 5 others repped this.
  5. sleepyvato50

sleepyvato50 Member+

Feb 11, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Asensio has been awesome for Espanyol this season and to think he's only 20 years old is insane, he's got massive potential. Hopefully Zidane gives him legitimate chance to make the team next season and I wouldn't be surprised to see him become one of our key players off the bench.

6. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Asensio/Lucas will fill in for James, I feel.

RaMaaa and MerlinRM repped this.
  7. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Really great talent. I hope we can let him flourish here.

8. osnap427

osnap427 Member

Jun 7, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think we should send Jese out on loan and have Asensio and Vazquez as backup on the wings. Asensio is left footed too, which should give us a bit more dynamism up front and the ability to cut inside similar to Bale.

Excape Goat, raven3k, Shay Z and 2 others repped this.
  9. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree completely. Asensio and Lucas back up the wins, we get a legit backup striker and another DM. Add a LB and boom, we good. If Nacho leaves, bring in Vallejo.

raven3k, Doni, Shay Z and 2 others repped this.
  10. PigBenis

PigBenis Member+

Sep 5, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The thing I like about Asensio is that he can play as an AM as well as play on the wings so we can definitely use him for Bale or Ronaldo as well as Kroos. He can easily fit into the super sub role along with Vazquez next season but only if James gets sold.

11. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He reminds me of David Silva, only he is faster. Combines speed, dribble and vision.

Hendrix22 repped this.
  12. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Whilst it's always a bonus to have versatility in a team, the AM option he might bring is redundant for me. Kronos doesn't play as an attacking midfielder.

If he can outperform Jesé whilst being younger than him, then I guess it may be time to send Jesé out :thumbsdown:

13. Phoenix Rising

Phoenix Rising Member+

Jan 4, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    S1na, RMSocrates, PigBenis and 8 others repped this.
  14. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    i hope he will have enough time under Zizou. deserves real chance. can't wait.

RMSocrates, temesgen and Phoenix Rising repped this.
  15. -Reivax-

-Reivax- Member+

Aug 10, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    temesgen and Phoenix Rising repped this.
  16. Phoenix Rising

Phoenix Rising Member+

Jan 4, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Fingers crossed. Asensio is the first kid I've been excited about for a long time. We really haven't had many Spanish youth attacking players in the last decade (+??) who made me think they could become Madrid starting XI quality. I think he can become a star but he's got to keep progressing, work his butt off, and hopefully not be impacted by injuries because initial pace is important to his style of playing.

17. xRamos4

xRamos4 Member+

May 14, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Can someone shed light on his play style? I know the kid is rapid and a great creator, but is he a wing forward ala Robben/Neymar or is he a creative playmaking winger ala Silva/Isco/James? I thought it was more of the latter, which makes me nervous. Zidane has made clear his preference for Jese/Vasquez on the wings, and not our two 10's playing out wide. I could be completely off base though.

Still have a lot of confidence in him. I remember him playing last preseason under Rafa, and one game he looked the only player with the balls to take on a man. He had no fear, and played like it was the U-19's all over again.

18. sleepyvato50

sleepyvato50 Member+

Feb 11, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    He's a winger and he's always been mainly played on the wing, even in his Mallorca days.

19. xRamos4

xRamos4 Member+

May 14, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Oh I know, but my question is how does he play the position? James and Isco have played as wingers at Monaco and Malaga respectively, but in a much different style than our current wingers. Our wingers are wing forwards, goal scorers rather than creators. Benzema is the creator in the attacking trident. I'm wondering if he's a playmaker from the wing, or is he a Robben/Neymar type player who uses his dribbling from the wing to get inside and score?

20. Phoenix Rising

Phoenix Rising Member+

Jan 4, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    #95 Phoenix Rising, Jul 16, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2016
    The best way I can describe him is an "Isco with a 6th gear"... i.e., more pace. The pace is important IMO... Isco's lack of pace is why he'll never make it as a LWF/RWF at a top club... LCM is his best position. Anyway, this past season at Espanyol, Asensio has been more of a creator... but he can also score goals (from what we've seen when he played for Spain youth teams). If he can add more goals to his repertoire at the club level too and be a consistent scoring threat, then hopefully, the wide forward position will be sorted for us for a long time.

21. sleepyvato50

sleepyvato50 Member+

Feb 11, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Honestly from my experience of watching him play, he's more of a wing forward then a David Silva kind of player. He's faster then Silva and he's also a better dribbler of the ball IMO. He can create create shots for others and for himself but his finishing isn't polished yet since he's only 20 years old. One thing that seperates him from other young players is that he has a high football IQ. He knows when to pass, when to shoot, when to hold on to the ball and when to release it. He's got massive potential and if we develop him correctly then he can be a star.

RMSocrates, PigBenis, Aimar 21 and 3 others repped this.
  22. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wouldn't say he is a better dribbler than Silva, but certainly faster. I'd call him more of running creator than a #10 type.

Aimar 21 and Digital repped this.
  23. sleepyvato50

sleepyvato50 Member+

Feb 11, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    To me he's a better dribbler than Silva, not by much but he is in my honest opinion and I'm a huge fan of Silva. I wanted him here back when he was playing for Valencia, a shame we didn't end up signing him.

WhiteBlood repped this.
  24. sleepyvato50

sleepyvato50 Member+

Feb 11, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  25. xRamos4

xRamos4 Member+

May 14, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Del Bosque on Asensio - "He's the biggest talent in Spain."

Doesn't matter anymore what he thinks, but the words are still flattering. Can't believe we stole this gem for €3.5M. Anyways, do people think he should stay or go? I get that Ronaldo will be playing less this season, but not enough to afford Asensio significant minutes.

Zidane has to chose between Jese and Asensio to ride pine for Ronaldo. I'd rather Jese stay as backup, and let Asensio keep developing. I'm more sure of Asensio's future as a Real Madrid starter than I am about Jese. I know he's our product and all, but his career really took a turn after his injury.