Welcome Marco Asensio

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by halamadrid00, Dec 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phoenix Rising

Phoenix Rising Member+

Jan 4, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Asensio's highlights from the U-19 Euros. I hope he becomes a star for Madrid and Spain, love his style of play.

2. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
    Hope he stays, in my mind he's better than Lucas and Denis already.

3. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Agreed. I'm torn though, I think it's better for him long term to get consistent first team football next year.

4. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Absolutely. Truly hope he stays. An absolute gem of a player!

5. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    He is better than Bale already.

6. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Agreed. Though a speedy hardworking winger would have uses against certain teams, ones playing very narrow or ones who play with a good winger.

Asensio looks great but who's too similar to who we got, while the other two are different kind who won't complain I'd they don't play.

7. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Not sure I agree. Who's similar to Asensio in our squad? Bale, Jese, Ronaldo definitely are not. Lucas and Denis are hardworking wingers that can provide a cross. Asensio can provide a cross, a through ball and dribble past a few players at once. He's the real deal.

You can argue that going out on loan is good for him, but he's definitely a unique kind of player to have in our squad.

The only way I would "outsource" him is if we can get him to be in the first team of a mid-tier La Liga club with a proven record with young players.

Phoenix Rising repped this.
  8. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Not seen enough of him as yet but sounds like an ADM kinda player with those attributes.

9. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Actually I heard some people calling him a new "Isco", but from the few matches I've seen he looks a bit faster, and he has some nice vision for through-passes as well. I hope he lives to the expectations with us.

StreetHoopz and Digital repped this.
  10. Phoenix Rising

Phoenix Rising Member+

Jan 4, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    He is sorta like him IMO... Good on the ball, left footed... But with a 5th/6th gear. That extra pace let's him do more things in the final third and get there easier too.

11. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It's funny because Isco The First has yet to establish himself.

Anon. repped this.
  12. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I meant their style and the similar hype around them in a very young age. Everyone was expecting big things for Isco even when he was with Valencia before showing he has it with Malaga.

Isco is only 23 so it's difficult to be an undisputed starter for Madrid and a national team that's full of really good players at midfield AND is coached by a stubborn coach, but I'd say his progress is decent so far.

13. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    @Aimar 21

I can see why people say that. But I guess that's more to do with his combination play. He, like Isco, likes to play those unexpected one-twos and short passes to manouver himself into the opposition defense.

IMO, he's nothing like ADM. He is more reserved with the ball (as in he doesn't take unnecessary risks), so not as much turnovers like ADM. I also think he's more refined in his dribbling. ADM was more about intuition, while Asensio thinks more about his next move. But yeah, if he can be a bit like ADM in his career, then he's going to be succesfull here no matter what.

Hope he goes the Marcelo, Isco, Ramos and Higuain way and not the Canales, Gago way. Can't wait to see him play competitively for us!

StreetHoopz repped this.
  14. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I think Isco has already become what people thought he'd become but with obvious thoughts that he has more to learn. He gets a lot more recognition for Spain than Madrid imo because of the bigger names on our squad.

Which is why I think Asensio needs to be loaned out. Bench minutes at his age would slow down his development. Show us this isn't just a phase and that he is the real deal. A season playing La Liga first team and then learning on our bench will be a good combo.

snooop repped this.
  15. snooop

snooop Member

Apr 26, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think he is more similar to David Silva than Isco.

He needs to get consistent playing time to further develop, preferably team that plays in CL - FC Porto is a good place they can send him out on a loan deal.

Phoenix Rising repped this.
  16. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I agree for the first part. As for the 2nd one, a loan maybe a better option for him, but for us, and based on this summer & preseason for our bench attacking midfield players (Vasquez, Denis, and Asensio), for me Asensio impressed more than the other two, so if Rafa indeed rotates much more than Carlo, and if Asensio performs better than the other two then it just might be a win-win situation for both the club and the player.

But yeah I think loaning him is the safer option though.

17. -Reivax-

-Reivax- Member+

Aug 10, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think he could definitely contribute if we keep him this season, but a loan would be better for his development. I'd prefer we loan him to a mid-table La Liga team for one season.

18. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    1) Send him to Real Betis.

2) Real Betis would be reinforced. Hopefully, he helps them to stay in La Liga as long as possible so that Real Betis is happy with us. Meanwhile, he turns Dani Ceballos into his best friend.

Or

1) Signb Ceballos now.... offer both of them on loan for one season. I think they would both benefit from playing regularly in a La Liga club.

19. sleepyvato50

sleepyvato50 Member+

Feb 11, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    #44 sleepyvato50, Aug 20, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
    634349304807849984 is not a valid tweet id

Marco Asensio is already in Barcelona to join Espanyol.

Good luck Asensio! Also I'm not completely sure but I read somewhere that we put certain conditions on this loan deal like number of minutes he must play and that he must be played as a right winger.

Edit: It's official:

[​IMG]

20. Phoenix Rising

Phoenix Rising Member+

Jan 4, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Looking forward to seeing him play regularly in La Liga. I'm in the camp that believes he's already ready to play a role in the first team here, so hopefully this loan will see him develop to another level before making a successful return next season. Good luck, Asensio!

MerlinRM, Hsain85, euon and 1 other person repped this.
  21. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Best of luck to him. I wasn't sure about which is better fit for him; Betis or Espanyol since both were interested in him. The former have a top manager in Pepe Mel and an incredible fan base, but they are just promoted (the last time they got promoted they avoided relegation in only 2 seasons), so I'd understand it if Espanyol were considered the safer option for him.

As for the number of minutes yeah I assume we are putting that in writing, plus the automatic "he isn't allowed to Morientes us". :D

sleepyvato50 and Phoenix Rising repped this.
  22. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Well Espanyol are going to get a lot of my viewing team this season. Right decision to loan him out.

23. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
    Yeah I'm sad because I honestly think he should of got time over Lucas and Denis but at the same time glad he will develop properly.

madridista_hr repped this.
  24. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    This year loan is a must although I feel like he would be better than Denis/Lucas.

I did read that he wanted Betis over Espanyol though which is interesting. I wonder why was that...

StreetHoopz repped this.
  25. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    My heart tells that you should stay with us, but my mind says that he would be much better to go on loan.

I got a few great memories of Espanyol stealing points from Barcelona at the derby. I like the move.....