Welcome back Villegas!

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Dan R, Jul 31, 2002.

1. Dan R

Dan R New Member

Jun 1, 1997
    Metro
    Ok, so I guess we traded our discovery option to DC for Villegas so that they can get Gazza? Right? I mean, why the hell was he in the stands and not in Chicago with his team?

Welcome back, Greatest Metro Ever. Or not.

:)

2. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    I can't believe my fricken eyes

I couldn't believe what I saw in the tunnel above us. What the hell is Villegas doing back in Metroville.
    And that funky hairdew. Is he Michael Jackson in disguise?

If he isn't with DC and Metro got him back, He better keep his mouth shut and start playing the way the coach tells him to play.

But then again everyone wants OZ out so we shall see, but for now, I'm not going to speculate.

3. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Excuseme? Villegas again?

4. obie

obie New Member

Nov 18, 1998
    NY, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Scum boards say that he didn't make the trip to Chicago because of some unspecified "niggling injuries". I wouldn't read into it beyond a friendly scouting trip. I hope.

5. fmf2

fmf2 New Member

Feb 10, 2002
    montclair, nj
    Is it that hard to believe that they may have released him?

6. Arisrules

Arisrules Member

Feb 19, 2000
    Washington, DC
    Wait, we traded for him?

7. UpTheMetro

UpTheMetro Member

Jun 3, 1999
    New York
    He told Petke he was just visiting for a couple of days.

8. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    Do we want Villegas back? NO. NO.
    Do we want Villegas back? NO. NO.
    Do we want Villegas back?
    I think Nick is smoking crack
    NO. NO. NO.

This man was horrible. He is still horrible.

If he comes back, he gets a "YOU SUCK VILLEGAS" banner.

9. Red Card

Red Card Member+

Mar 3, 1999
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think an MLS team travels with 16 players so therefore some are left home. It is possible he was just visiting. But the trade for the discovery pick sounds reasonable, along with an all-star game announcement.

Anyway, Peeter can't hurt. It's not like we have superstuds in midfield, except for Andy Williams of course. Who is our right wing now anyway?

10. UpTheMetro

UpTheMetro Member

Jun 3, 1999
    New York
    I swear that he privately told Petke that he was just visiting for a couple days. He was walking around without anyone from the front office, and he had a media pass on. Don't read into his trip here.

11. CrazyG

CrazyG New Member

Dec 19, 1998
    Manahawkin, NJ
    Yea, don't read too much into this...Don't forget he is from Newark.

What next there are going to be rumors that Billy Walsh is coming back to the Metro, because he was spotted in Chatham. :)

12. John_Harkes_6

John_Harkes_6 New Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Baltimore, MD.
    Yes - his hair has gotten much worse since he arrived in DC - must be taking tips from Marco.

He might have been there to watch the Crew - we apparently have been negotiating with them for their discovery slot.

You guys would know better - but didn't he leave with very negatitve feelings towards NY? I know he did the kiss the DC logo when he scored against NY.

13. eric d

eric d Member

Sep 9, 1998
    Petter is not what you would call the sharpest tool in the shed. So anything he does on or off the pitch lacks any logic or thought to it.

14. John_Harkes_6

John_Harkes_6 New Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Baltimore, MD.
    Maybe he needs contacts or something - would explain why he can run around players (just avoid the blobs) but he can't get a damn shot on net.

Might also explain that hair. No one can look in the mirror every morning and think that looks good. Christ, he looks like Chrissy Albright