Welcome back Lucas! - The official Lucas Vázquez thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by sleepyvato50, Jul 2, 2015.

1. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    RMrules, Lyra and J-Mezzy repped this.
  2. RMrules

RMrules Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 12, 2019
    Welcome back Lord Lucas!The funniest player in the team,his crossing,dribling,volley attempts=:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

3. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I only came to post in this guys thread. Found it on the 4th page and the last comment is someone taking the piss.

I'm so impressed by Lucas this season. Fantastic full back for us, and proved his worth as a winger again today in probably the biggest league game of the season so far.

J-Mezzy, Deep Pal, crow80 and 3 others repped this.
  4. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Biggest surprise of the season. He always had work rate, but his confidence has grown substantially and he is consistently one of our best players. Kudos to him.

5. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    BjornH, Shay Z, Saint Iker and 6 others repped this.
  6. benny_madridista

Real Madrid
    Nov 30, 2020
    They should build this guy a statue.

7. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ahmadi8 and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  8. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Bye bye Lucas

Thanks for being a great squad player, but that's all you were buddy

9. madridista_hr

madridista_hr Red Card

Real Madrid
    May 21, 2009
    Here
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    I'm grateful for Lucas' contribution and wish him the best in the future. I think he can be the main player in the 2nd tier clubs like Napoli or Atletico, and I wish him to be the main guy somewhere for a few years. I mean, somewhere other than our starting RB position.

Zidane05, Doni, J-Mezzy and 4 others repped this.
  10. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This. The guy deserves a lot of respect. If he does leave, he can hold his head up real high, knowing he accomplished a helluva lot at Madrid when he wasn’t considered to even be good enough to wear the shirt by so many. Props to Lucas.

Zidane05, Shay Z, Excape Goat and 5 others repped this.
  11. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Apparently, the PCL injury to his left knee has him out for the remainder of the season. Meaning we won't see him again in a Real Madrid kit unless there's a U-turn and both parties decide to extend his contract.

Source: https://www.managingmadrid.com/2021/4/11/22378277/lucas-vazquez-injury-report-real-madrid-2021

I'm really sad that El Clasico will be Lucas Vazquez's last game with us. It's seeming like the club won't renew him in the summer, so we might've seen the last of him in a Real Madrid shirt. He has been an outstanding servant to the club and helped us secure so many trophies by his relentless work rate and sheer force of will. Most people, myself included, never imagined he would leave such an imprint in our club's history. He may not be the most talented, but he made up for it by working just as hard as anyone else on the pitch.

The biggest winner if he leaves will be whoever receives him. Liverpool and Bayern are apparently interested in him. In covid times, to get such a hardworking proven champion will be a boon for any team.

Anon., Deep Pal, MiamiNative0722 and 4 others repped this.
  12. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Thank you for your blood and sweat for the shirt, crack. You won’t be forgotten.

Anon., Ahmadi8, Deep Pal and 3 others repped this.
  13. Dr. MvN

Dr. MvN Member

Real Madrid
    United States
    Oct 22, 2018
    Estados Unidos
    Given just how ably Lucas showed himself able to play RB this season, and that Carvajal has had injury problems of his own, I can't help but think there will be some renewed interest on Madrid's part to extend his contract. Whether it's enough, who knows, but he's been an unsung hero this season for sure.

Deep Pal and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  14. Fuera del Juego

Fuera del Juego Member+

May 10, 2007
    Nevada
    I somehow didn't realize that Vazquez was unlikely to be renewed until the talk of him having played his last game in the Madrid shirt. Does anyone know the reason? Were they just lowballing him? Who doesn't renew an academy product who is getting minutes in literally almost every match and has started most of them during our great second spring revival? I can't imagine that Zidane was like "Nope, don't count on LV".

This makes me unreasonably annoyed.

Anon., Akramzizou and Deep Pal repped this.
  15. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    I hope it doesn't hurt his market, and hopefully we keep the offer on the table for him and leave the door open for his return. He's been the perfect squad player. The hate he gets is misdirected. It's not his fault we over used him, it's a combination of squad management and squad building. He's been a great servant for the club.

Ahmadi8, Akramzizou, Deep Pal and 3 others repped this.
  16. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think we can all be sure that this certainly isn't the case, the only rumour i've heard is that they are offering him less than he already makes and he won't accept that and prefers to leave, i have no idea how true that is, could just be another fake story

i was one of the fans who initially wondered why on earth is the club bringing this player back, he has made me eat my words several times, even though i've certainly been annoyed with him from time to time during games, as noted before, they are things about him that cannot be disputed.

Impeccable workrate from start to finish always, be the performance patchy or top notch, never ever hides ( no one ever says i didn't even notice LV out there) always tries until the very last minute, loves the club, i think a fantastic squad member to have

Deep Pal and Zidane05 repped this.
  17. SayWhatIWant

SayWhatIWant Member+

Jan 10, 2015
    He should stay.There aren't many options out there to replace or do a better job. Grass always greener on the other side. He had one bad game this season which happens. But otherwise he's been critical.

madridista_hr, ImadEdd and Deep Pal repped this.
  18. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
  19. Kroosinator

Kroosinator Member+

Dec 12, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Such a underrated player, his best position is RB. Sad that he got injured. When is Dani back ? Nacho might have to play RB vs Liverpool now.

20. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Militao also played as a RB in Porto. So we need Varane or Ramos back asap,

21. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    He's a good option to have as back up RB for Carva who's missed a lot of games this season. Odri is significantly worse. I hope he considers the fact that he might not play as much at Bayern with Pavard being regular there. ZZ always found a way to play LV a lot either on the flanks or as RB this season.

22. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Militao can't attack efficiently so that is pointless.

Our RB have to be able to put pressure on their backline. When they don't we get outbalanced.

Halycon and Akramzizou repped this.
  23. Kroosinator

Kroosinator Member+

Dec 12, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    3 CB with Valverde at RWB would work well if we are really desperate. Anyone know if Caravjal is back next game?

24. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The alternative will be Odri.

25. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lucas Vasquez deserves respect bottom line but coming off an injury it's bad business for the club to improve the contract offer on the table and it would be bad taste to take it off the table.

I really hope he finds another team tho, we need to get younger and better quality out of his replacement. Hard to believe we can churn through so much talent (James, Bale, Odegaard, Kovacic, Hakimi, etc) and still be relying on LV to carry us through at the end of the season 5 years later.

26. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    As much as I dislike this option, Odri has to play if Valverde isn't fit enough. Nacho and Militao won't cut it in that system.