Welcome back Lucas! - The official Lucas Vázquez thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by sleepyvato50, Jul 2, 2015.

1. sleepyvato50

sleepyvato50 Member+

Feb 11, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    #1 sleepyvato50, Jul 2, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2015
    After spending a year with Espanyol the Spanish right winger returns to Real Madrid for a fee of 1 million euros and he will sign a 5 year deal:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://www.rcdespanyol.com/principal.php?modulo=detalleNoticia&idnoticia=20163&idmenu=9

Callejón 2.0.

S1na, Lyra, -Reivax- and 5 others repped this.
  2. zohee

zohee Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Slovenia
    Don't know what to think of it, since this is the first time I'm hearing of the guy. But I like that we're adding depth. This could mean however that one of the youngsters is on their way out.

I'm hopeful that he can contribute when being called upon. Good luck!

3. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Don't know a lot about the kid, but it's always nice to have youth players back!

Seems quick with good crossing. I'm curious. 1ME for a player that was a mainstay at Espanyol is a risk worth taking.

4. LastBoyscout

LastBoyscout Member+

Mar 6, 2013
    Not exactly Real Madrid quality, is he?

5. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Haven't seen much of him, won't make assumptions until I've seen a couple of months. Hopefully the kid is good, we need quality off the bench.

6. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    For 1M you can't go wrong. If he doesn't work out, he can probably be flipped in a year for more.

I don't expect him to be anything more than a player for depth purposes. He plays naturally as a right winger which probably helps since we don't really have anyone who naturally plays on that side.

I wonder what this means for Jese, Denis, Asensio

raven3k repped this.
  7. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Denis will probably be sold, Asensio will probably be loaned out.

8. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    I had Asensio pencilled in as the backup rw this season, so I agree that he is probably being loaned out now that Lucas is coming. A loan to Espanyol would work since he could just slip into Lucas's old role at Espanyol.

natenate101 and J-Mezzy repped this.
  9. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
    He's terrible no idea why we brought him back, no where near good enough enough for shit minutes.

Denis is a far better option

Anon. repped this.
  10. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He's here for depth. What we needed.

Good move by the club. Even if for a few seasons, similar to Callejon.

11. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
    lol what will he provide?

He isn't good enough to be a game changer off the bench or even good enough to do anything on the field? If we are throwing in bodies just for depth may as well promote someone from Castilla at least that's free and basically getting the same thing.

Or you know, use Denis.

12. sleepyvato50

sleepyvato50 Member+

Feb 11, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Denis isn't a right winger and Benitez wanted someone with La Liga experience that could be rotated in for smaller games. He will be a role player with La Liga experience, nothing more nothing less. His fee is nothing and chances are we get more for him if/when he does leave in the future. Denis is a good player and I like his playing style a lot but he won't have a place in the squad this season unless he blows Rafas socks off in preseason, chances are he gets sold with a buyback.

13. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Well the club must see something else or maybe lost the trust on Jese.

I didnt think Callejon would come here and light the place up like he did but he was a work horse and actually scored goals too.

Vazquez wont be here for long, club will probably turn a profit on him in next 2-3 seasons.

14. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Denis isn't that great either and is at the moment at the peak of his value as a player. He can make a move that will make sense for us from a financial standpoint, and for him as a sporting step. Players like Denis will never make it to much in Madrid, but they can achieve a lot elsewhere one level below that.

madridista_hr, MerlinRM and J-Mezzy repped this.
  15. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Nice. I love to see Spanish youth players back in the squad. I'll admit I don't see him becoming as big as some of our starters right now but its always good to have options esp for smaller games.

16. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He used to score some pretty decent points in Fantasy Football, and that's the 2nd most reliable source to predict his potential after Football Manager so I'm cool with this signing.:D

yoanaidarov and natenate101 repped this.
  17. Vector-SS

Vector-SS Member+

Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Never knew this guy even existed. But, welcome home and let's see what he's made of.

18. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder if Lucas knows he is little more than a political pawn in Florentino's game of throwns : transfer season. He will have outlived his utility the day we make the transfer Perez actually wants.

This is 1 million euros to keep the prensa occupied and the fans distracted over the lack of progress in the market, there is no plan for Lucas other than NOT threatening to take away any playing time from the BBC in any way. Chump change for Floro and a worthwhile investment to buy himself time to sort out a mess with the captains.

19. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm not very excited by our transfers so far, but I think it's too early to say. We don't even know if the BBC will be here in next season.

20. Phoenix Rising

Phoenix Rising Member+

Jan 4, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    [​IMG]

Or just maybe... the club identified and made an early move for a decent, cheap right wing backup... that is a needed transfer since Rafa appears to prefer 4-2-3-1... and we already have Bale, James and Isco as three of the four choices for the two wide positions... Bale and Isco preferring the left... ?

sleepyvato50 and MerlinRM repped this.
  21. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Why can't Denis be Solari 2.0 for us? We can't have a bench full of star players all demanding minutes to play. We need quality depth and Denis has looked the part last season.

22. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Maybe Lucas Vasquez can be our right footed Solari 2.0!

On a more serious note. Solari was a fabulous player. Didn't say much about his squad role, but he was ten times the player Denis is. I seriously believe that Benitez has some other thoughts about player roles next season. He might see that Bale, Isco, Ronaldo prefer the left wing, hence the Lucas signing (who is a right winger). I can be wrong, but if he wants to use any of those 3 players on the left then he doesn't necessarily need Denis.

I do agree with you that we need more of those "Squad Player X 2.0" players.

23. BenZaMan

BenZaMan Member

Jun 26, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Who the hell is this guy? What is the point of making such a signing? He is terrible. If he didn't have a connection with Real Madrid already he would never be signed. We already have a decent winger/forward back up in Jese, why do we need to get mediocre players like this to add more "depth".

Why is the club so obsessed over having spanish/youth or ex youth players. I mean if they're good enough sure they can come. But this guy clearly is awful. Our youth system isn't as good as La Maisa's, we need to stop copying Barca. Thought we'd understand not to make signings like this anymore after finding out what failures Canales, Pedro Leon and Callejon were.

We are the mighty Real Madrid. No players should be beyond our reach. We get who we want. Let's use our powers properly. We should have players with the calibre of Aguero or Lewandowski as our back up forwards, not this rubbish Lucas. Rafa is taking the club in the wrong direction with these signings. You just need to take a look at his track record of signings from previous clubs to see what I mean. The club is doomed. Lucas Vazquez is just the beginning. A top 4 consisting of barca, atletico, valencia, sevilla/villarreal is in the not too distance future.

Kroosinator repped this.
  24. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    This is all I see every time you post

[​IMG]

babai_here, euon, raven3k and 3 others repped this.
  25. LastBoyscout

LastBoyscout Member+

Mar 6, 2013
    Ah, come on, BarZaMan is hilarious!

madridista_hr and J-Mezzy repped this.