weird pain

Discussion in 'Player' started by Ben16, Nov 10, 2004.

1. Ben16

Ben16 New Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Georgia
    Last night at practice we were scrimmaging an u-19 team and none of our team wears shinguards for practice. about half way through one of their players slid in and i caught the studs of his preds it hurt but i kept playing. this morning i started walking and it felt like i had something under my skin jiggling but theres no lump which has happened before and there 2 stud marks from his boots. ne one know what helps this? im in a lot of pain.

btw we won 2-0

2. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok, I'm not a doctor, internist, or even an athletic trainer (although I was one in high school). This could be any number of things, but it's very possible that the bone could have chipped, a small piece of muscle could have torn away from the bone, or the "pockets" that fill with fluid could have ruptured. Again, I'm not a medical professional, these are only guesses. None of them are horribly serious, but if you're in real pain, get checked out by someone who knows what they're doing. Oh yea, and wear shinguards.

3. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It could just be that it is waiting to bruise? That sometimes happens when you hit something very close to the bone. And thats why its so painful. You should probably rest it for a while and see if the bruise develops. If it keeps playing up go and see a doctor.

appleCORR