Weekly Friday Post

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Nick S, Oct 31, 2003.

1. Nick S

Nick S New Member

Oct 31, 2003
    To all MetroStars Fans:

I just finished reading the responses from my last post and have to say - WOW, overwhelmed and not expected. Now I know what it's like to be the opposing goalkeeper or, Marco Etcheverry, and have to deal with ESC! Anyway, I thought I would make this a regular thing because at the end of the day I think it is very important to communicate with our best and most ardent fans. No matter, I really enjoyed hearing and seeing everybody at the Cup Final and I thought I would tell you that. Around here we think everyday of how we can multiply what you all do for us every game. It's not easy and there are no "magic bullets" but we'll keep trying and working with what we have. We never claim to have all the answers so please know that I am conscious of your concerns and I'm more than happy to discuss any issues, ideas (wacky or not) you may have. I can be reached at nsakiewicz@metrostars.com.

Tomorrow is again another big home game for us and the team has had a good week of preparation. We have not been in good form lately but that is the great thing about soccer and the Playoffs - you get a chance to change things, get your form back and get after it again. We'll see tomorrow but, win or lose, I know the team will put in a great effort because we have the most together group of players we've ever had.

I thought it was appropriate that on Halloween and the day before our first playoff game I inform you that I'll be posting every Friday from this point forward - "What a scary thought huh!". I will discuss a variety of topics and share information with you that I think you will find interesting and perhaps help everyone understand what is really going on. I am amazed at the level of misinformation out there and maybe this will help.

Finally, I made the offer to buy everyone a drink at the post-game (win or lose) after the US Open Cup and much to my surprise nobody showed. So, I will make the offer one last time this season win or lose (and no I'm not giving up my black leather jacket). I will be at the Sports Bar on the ground floor of the Sheraton Hotel across from Giants Stadium on Route 3 East after the game. First drink for all MetroStars fans is on me for what has been a very good season on and off the field. Hopefully there will be more celebrations yet to come this season and there will be more time for us to celebrate that. But this weekend is to say thanks to all our fans for a good solid season. I hope you can join me!

Best Regards,

Nick S.

2. metros11

metros11 Member

Sep 11, 1999
    Highlands of NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First off, I'll be very skeptical to believe that you are truly Nick Sakiewicz, but I'll be optimistic and give you shot. So here is my first question:

What is the latest news on the stadium project?

and please, no "news to come in 30-60 days" answer...

3. bukie2k

bukie2k Member

Mar 28, 2002
    New Jersey
    What happened? Did you forget the password for your 80's Eurokeeper screen name?

4. gwebster

gwebster New Member

Aug 30, 2002
    Bethany, CT
    Every bigsoccer newbie is entitled to use that joke at least once.

5. Dan R

Dan R New Member

Jun 1, 1997
    Metro
    I am told that really is Nick S. Perhaps he wants some of that Peter Wilt love...

6. metrosct

metrosct New Member

Feb 17, 2002
    Rowayton, CT
    Thanks for the offer and the post. Hopefully, there will be cause to celebrate.

7. TheROCK

TheROCK New Member

DEEZ NUTS IN YOuR MOUTH!!

8. TheROCK

TheROCK New Member

OH YEAH? AND IM THE TOOTH FAIRY!

9. Matt in the Hat

Matt in the Hat Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nick,

Did you ever find out who Decepticon Lazerbeak was?

What you are doing takes a brass pair. Thanks

10. Shabs

Shabs Member

Jun 19, 2002
    NYC
    Wonder if he ever sold Real estate...

11. Matt in the Hat

Matt in the Hat Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh King!!

12. MetroFever

MetroFever Member+

Jun 3, 2001
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Nick,

Who came up with the MPF idea?

13. locolos

locolos New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    New York
    Nick, thanks for taking the time to do this. One of your best ideas. Look forward to it.

14. obie

obie New Member

Nov 18, 1998
    NY, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nicky Smith? Nicholas Schwartz? Nicola Scaricola?

15. Metro_tico

Metro_tico New Member

Mar 31, 1999
    Same here!

16. MUNCUFAN

MUNCUFAN New Member

Apr 13, 2003
    Northern NJ
    Hi Nick,
    the two dogs on Giant Stadium is brilliant!
    who designed it?
    Can you print it on T shirts? I bet it will sell, I'll buy one each for my family members and close friends!
    I love the turkey logo too!