Weekend Gamewatch [R]

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by 352gialloblu, Oct 25, 2003.

1. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I thought we could discuss the next-to-final day of the season, where we get to learn if our game tomorrow will mean anything, and look at who we might face on our charge to the final.

REVS 5-2 METROS: Well, Bradley fielded his bench, and they managed to score twice on the Revs. But the Revs were all over them, obviously. I don't see this helping the Metros get past them, but Bradley did well by us, so maybe he can work a miracle with the Metros. But I doubt it.

DC 0-1 KC (half): Preki scores really really easily but I haven't seen much else. DC look lost, and KC have been playing well in recent weeks, and are controlling this game. Columbus may have a chance tomorrow.

BURN-RAPIDS (later): Rapids have to win this convincingly to get some momentum in the run-up to KC.

SJ-LA (later): This one should be fun, being the 2nd of 4...

2. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    (Why is this thread invisible?)

Anyway, update: 1-1 in DC. Stoichkov scores on after a little mistake between Conrad and Fat Tony. That should liven things up a bit, but DC has been playing miserably. Their passing and movement is shyte compared to KCs...

Dallas 4-1 Colorado (35mins): 3 goals in 4 minutes and an upset on the way? The Burn have responded to John Spencer's opener within a minute with Bobby Rhine, then doubled up soon after with an own-goal gift, and Toni Nhleko has made it 3 in the 31st. I keep checking my eyes, but not Chad Deering has scored. Colorado are playing their first team, aren't they? 5 games without a win is not what you want going into the playoffs, boyos. Peaked too soon maybe? HA!

3. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Full time in DC...

Right, so, tomorrow's game will not affect the fact that we are playing a very pitiful DC United in the playoffs next weekend. Both teams were playing for a draw at the end because of the Dallas score. If they play like that against us, we'll destroy them if we play like we have been. Tomorrow's match is only a warm-up.

Dallas is still 4-1 up against the slumping Rapids, now in the 2nd half.

4. theburden

theburden Member

Jul 11, 2002
    MDSC head brewer
    Hah 4-2 now. Wouldn't it be hilarious if Spence scored a hat trick and still lost?

5. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Hilarious, except that he would pass Ante on the scoring list (but also catch Fish, which is good). No fair he gets to play Dallas 4 times. ;)

6. Arsonists

Arsonists New Member

Jan 25, 2000
    Banks of Plum Creek
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United Arab Emirates
    So do we rest the starters now that we are not required to play them v C-Bus? I would like to see 3 or 4 new faces with the normal core of the team. What do you all think?

7. theburden

theburden Member

Jul 11, 2002
    MDSC head brewer
    clawing back now. Its 3-4 with dallas still up top. 85th min.

8. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078
    i would LOVE to see a complete "b" team out there

but with 15 guys with over 1000 minutes (and jaqua relatively close to that mark)... it will be hard to say it's a complete "b" team

9. Arsonists

Arsonists New Member

Jan 25, 2000
    Banks of Plum Creek
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United Arab Emirates
    a complete "b" team would rest us and protect us from injury but would our "core" team with 3 or 4 "b" players starting do the "b" players more good?

10. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It would be a better "B" team than the Metros side that played today, if we did that. Do you think Ante cares enough about the goalscoaring lead to want to play for that reason? I'd like to see some of the young guys, but I don't want us to loose 5-2. Not that we ever would.

0-0 at Spartan. LA would be really happy right now if these 2 games were the playoffs and not the next 2...

The Revs are scary. Defensively, maybe not so much--Shalrie Joseph is a big obstacle, but the back four aren't great. However, their offense is no joke. Can you imagine if they had Noonan AND Twellman for the playoffs. Too bad for MLS, but good for us...

11. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078
    of the "b" team

pause has over 1000 minutes... as does mapp and brown (or kelly if you prefer)... so does williams

and jaqua will be fairly close to 1000 after 90 tomorrow

we are a very deep team... why not get a look at walls, futagaki, dipsy, bolanos and whomever

again, we are a very deep team...

but why not rest ralph, boca, ante, thornton, beasley, armas, marsch, and curtin

12. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Oops. :eek: :rolleyes:

13. Iceblink

Iceblink Member

Oct 11, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, technically, you were right. We didn't.