Weekend EPL/Euro-leagues Viewing?

Discussion in 'Phoenix' started by HSV Hooligan, Aug 24, 2007.

1. HSV Hooligan

HSV Hooligan New Member

Jul 25, 2002
    Shaker Heights, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am one of those sick persons that get up earlier on the weekends than during the week just to catch the first EPL match(es) of the weekend...that was, until I moved to Phoenix. I have been trying to find a soccer pub that opens early enough to show any of the EPL or other European league matches live - instead of on tape delay.

Does anyone know of a pub that shows live matches on Saturday/Sunday (or at least the ones that start at 9AM local time)?

If there are no such pubs, would anyone else be interested in trying to persuade a pub to open up early on occasion to show some live EPL matches on the weekends?

2. SWSoccer

SWSoccer Member

Jul 12, 2007
    Mesa, AZ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We must be drinking the same Kool-Aid.:)

I was just starting to create this webpage. The only one I know has done it is the George and Dragon, and I only know it because I saw a sign indicating they would be open early for a game. I do not know if they do that for regular season games so you'll have to give them call.

And if you find out that the others open early, let me know and I'll post the info when I officially post the pubs webpage.

3. Palermo10

Palermo10 Member

Apr 7, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I get up early too... and watch at home. With some eggo waffles. I get FSC, Setanta, GolTV, WorldSportHD

4. HSV Hooligan

HSV Hooligan New Member

Jul 25, 2002
    Shaker Heights, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I too get those channels, but I find it more enjoyable to watch the game in the company of other soccer fans that understand the game. While in Chicago two weekends ago, I went to the Globe Pub for opening weekend of the EPL...at 6:45AM all of the seats were taken in the entire pub. The atmosphere was awesome. Then, when the "big guns" were on, the place was packed and electric. I'm hoping to get a bit of that down here.

5. HSV Hooligan

HSV Hooligan New Member

Jul 25, 2002
    Shaker Heights, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I contacted the manager over at Molly Brannigan's (in Mesa), and he said that they would show the EPL matches live - on request. Because I wouldn't want to request someone opening the pub if only 1 or 2 people would show up, I'm interested in finding out if there are any others that would be interested in getting together on some Saturdays to watch some EPL matches (provided we get enough people and the manager would be willing to open it up for us)?

Would those of you interested be willing to trek to Molly B's in Mesa to watch?

6. Palermo10

Palermo10 Member

Apr 7, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Might want to pose that one on the east valley thread.

7. SWSoccer

SWSoccer Member

Jul 12, 2007
    Mesa, AZ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Would they be serving breakfast?

Don't know what the full plans are, but you might want to investigate this in the East Valley.