PBP: Week 9- Pre/In/Post-Game Discussion

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by BlueCrimson, Jun 5, 2013.

1. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Franch ... there is such a back log at GK ... hard to see her making much headway this cycle

Midfield The best thing about the WNY midfield is they all know their roles. One of the reasons they had a slow start was Zerboni trying to do too much. Now she links the two lines and plays tough interior defense. She has four WNT scorers further up field. It was silly of her to be up there looking for shots.

2. FawcettFan14

FawcettFan14 Member+

Mar 19, 2004
    Colorado
    Is there any way to watch the Thorns-FCKC match archived? They had YouTube "difficulies" on Thursday night and used UStream instead.

3. holden

holden Member+

Dundee FC, Yeovil Town LFC, Girondins de Bordeaux
    Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    WPS_Movement posted it on YouTube. You can find the links here.

4. RUfan

RUfan Member

Dec 11, 2004
    NJ
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Johnson doing well at left side, best for SB to keep her there and therefore put O'Hara at right; she is a WNT player she should be able to adapt.

5. FawcettFan14

FawcettFan14 Member+

Mar 19, 2004
    Colorado
  6. kolabear

kolabear Member+

Nov 10, 2006
    los angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    offtopic but a newsflash - Conny Pohlers coming to the Washington Spirit. Topic in the Spirit subforum. Also sure to attract some interest (and interesting comments) in Rivalry.

7. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Is Washington still in the league? When was the last time they played? Pohlers is certainly experienced. She should help the young Spirit forwards a lot.

SiberianThunderT repped this.
  8. sisterluke

sisterluke Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Los Angeles,CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who the heck is Conny Pohlers and why should I be excited about her?

9. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    She's a former German international that has been scoring tons of goals in the Bundesliga over the last decade, and the all-time leading scorer in CL. She played for the Beat in 2003. Trust me, this is a great pickup for Washington. They need forwards who can score, and Pohlers gives them that.

I was at the match where she scored her first goal for Atlanta against SJ, and I was impressed with her play right away. Atlanta won that game 1-0 despite playing with 10 for over half the match. That match also permanently cemented my dislike of Chastain. I was sitting close enough to hear the players, and she spent the vast majority of the game bitching about every bit of contact, called or not.

10. sisterluke

sisterluke Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Los Angeles,CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank you! Sorry I didn't watch soccer between the years 1999-2007 so I missed it getting ugly on the US and getting beautiful on the German side then confused when China disappeared as a top 3 team. So that's probably why I don't much about Pohlers. I don't know much about Prinze either only that she totally sucked during the 2011 WWC. Maybe she can play for the American League too! J/K

11. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008

Oh, cmon now. We all know that Chastain doesn't chirp. She's cut from the quiet cloth.
    Chastain never gets mouthy. :cool:

12. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    Now we just need to get Pia Sundhage back in this league ........
    as a PLAYER.

[​IMG]

13. StarCityFan

StarCityFan BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 2, 2001
    Greenbelt, MD
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know whose idea it was to give them a three-week break in the middle of the season, but they last played on May 25.

14. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A 3 week break balanced out by 7 games next month. Seriously, who made this schedule? I hope next season they don't give teams long breaks in between games while giving them 4 games in 10 days like KC and WNY got. KC is currently in the middle of their 4 in 10 stretch, and WNY has theirs next month.

15. Forgedias

Forgedias Member

Mar 5, 2012
    That 3 week break for Washington might be a godsend when you consider they needed to wait to pick up their German import and with time off they have time to integrate her into the line up.