Week 5 - Season 22

Discussion in 'Hattrick' started by Buzz Killington, Mar 30, 2004.

1. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For your pre and post match stuff for the league matches this weekend.

My match is against the relegated division 4 team. I am hoping that he wins tomorrow in his cup match, so that he plays his back ups against me to save his a-team for the cup. I think if he does do his b-team, then I can beat him. If he plays his a-team then it is going to be a lot tougher, I still think that I can beat him, it's just going to be a hard match with his a-team. A win will put me 3 points ahead of him, and will probably leave me 1 point behind the first place team, going into my clash with him the following week. I won't be able to watch the game this week though, I leave on Friday for a tour of Europe, I will be Munich when this game is taking place. Hopefully being in my motherland will lead me to a victory for the Rangers.

2. AAGunner3

AAGunner3 Member

Feb 14, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm #3, playing the cellar dweller, who just got repossesed prior to last week's game. But the big drama in my series is #1 Final Strike hosting #2 div IV relegee, Ginobili. I have tied Ginobili but lost to Final Strike. I need Final Strike to lose.

But then again, if Ginobili wins at Final Strike's home, then that means Ginobili will likely sweep his matches against Final Strike. I would definitely need to beat Ginobili in the final match of the season as well as run the tables from here on out to get 1st place. Even then, he's likely to beat me on goal differential. But you never know how these things play out. Last season, the #1 team tied one of the lesser 5 teams in our series. The HT engine always seems to throw a curve ball at you here and there.

I can only control my team and even then that's debatable. Just gotta win all my games and see what cards I'm dealt by week 10 when I play Final Strike at my place. My saving grace is that I play both Final Strike and Ginobili at home inthe 2nd half of the season.

3. MLS SupaStr3

MLS SupaStr3 New Member

Jul 2, 2003
    NJ
    i am playing an abandoned team so i better win. itll be my first win of the season. im fighting for 6th place so i dont have to go back down to the ::shivers:: 6th division

4. Helghallen

Helghallen Member
    Staff Member

Apr 16, 2003
    Raymore, MO
    Another bot stomp for the Dynamo. 3 weeks of 7-0. Time to see if I can maybe score 8? As much as I like the whole bot series thing, I would love to have another human in my series.

5. Deuteriumoxide

May 27, 2003
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My 17 year old striker trainee, out for five weeks.

my starting goal keeper, out for four weeks.

My backup goal keeper has one week left on his injury from two weeks ago.

Backup winger (playing in defense due to other injuries and poor form) injured for two weeks.

Three injuries in a 7-0 win.

=(

Oh yeah, no money to buy a new keeper.

(buys doctors)

6. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Played the #2 team. Went 4-5-1 with CA and he went 3-5-2 pressing. Lost 4-nil. One of my starting wingbacks is out a week. Made nearly $97k at the gate though. Currently remain in 6th place. I play the 7th place team two weeks in a row in two weeks so hopefully I can pull something out of a hat.

7. Helghallen

Helghallen Member
    Staff Member

Apr 16, 2003
    Raymore, MO
    Dynamo gave up their first two goals of the season. :( And the game was close too, until late in the 2nd half when superior stamina took over. My new YP had an assist (not that they count for anything), which is pretty cool. I did have a small glitch in my formation, with one of my wingers playing toward the middle instead of offensive.

Still I am quite pleased.

8. Craig P

Craig P BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Brays Bayou FC got a 3 - 0 blanking of the #7 team, on the road. This was a dangerous game... they play a vanilla 4-4-2, and while they're usually nowhere near us in midfield, in this game they pulled a weak midfield and actually made it close there. Our attack ratings in our 3-5-2 were better, their defense ratings (as expected) were better. No cards, no injuries, so I'm happy in all respects.

We pulled a 60 NSI PICing on the road, with only composed team spirit, which is nice.

9. ur_land

ur_land New Member

Aug 1, 2002
    Boulder, CO
    I won!!!!!
    I beat the 4th place team (who should finish in third) 4-1 at home (via MOTS, one W TM, on Def. forward, and my only CD offensive), and had my first sell out ever (15,375 hardy souls singing my team to victory). My best WB got a red card in the 86th minute, but I've got 4 straight PICs in the next several weeks (against the first and last place teams) so I should survive.

I'm now in 4th, my highest spot in the standings ever. I think (if everything goes right) that I will be able to hang on to this position for the rest of the season.

10. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    After 4 matches without scoring I won 7-0 against the bottom of my series.

Really important match coming up, now that I am in second place I want to keep the goals flowing.

11. MLS SupaStr3

MLS SupaStr3 New Member

Jul 2, 2003
    NJ
    i won my league match 7-0 (finally a win). however, i lost one of my mid's. so of course the next day he drops 60 grand. beautiful. hes only injured for 2 weeks though so i hope i can get him back soon