PBP: Week 10 discussion

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by Gilmoy, Jun 24, 2017.

1. LucyFearsTheMorningStar

Sep 27, 2015
    Club:
    Atlanta Beat
    I brought her up as I still have the tees for her and Meinert (after having to google because I was having a brainfart). Loved that pairing on the team.
    No banner for her tho.

CoachJon repped this.
  2. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another one falls victim to the A-word. Ohai out for the rest of the season.

3. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    #28 MRAD12, Jun 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
    I was at the Dash vs. Orlando Pride game last Saturday in Orlando. First of all, what a beautiful SS stadium! Very intimate. Second, when you watch a pride game being played in Orlando in mid afternoon on TV and you see many seats empty, that's a deceiving indication of the attendance. Many people are in the concourse, in the shade watching the game. I stayed in my seat for a total of two minutes, after realizing that I was going to be miserable in the HOT mid-day Florida sun, I found me a spot in the concourse, in a corner, in the shade and watched the whole game standing up. Plus they have reserve seating on one side all along the line inside the concourse under the shade, which I think is cool. So next time you watch a Pride game and you see a lot of empty seats in the lower levels, understand many people are out of the sun watching the game standing in the concourse. From what I saw anyway.

From what I saw Houston looked much more organized since Lloyd has come in. The Pride on the other hand seem to get in each other's way. I'm curious how Morgan and Marta will get along. Will there be enough touches on the ball available for both of them. They are going to both want the ball in the final third. I know they played together in WNY, but that was a few years ago.

This coming Saturday's game between the Red Stars and Orlando Pride should be a good one. The question will be can the Red Stars handle this Florida heat for 90 minutes.

CoachJon and blissett repped this.
  4. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    They're dropping like flies this season.

The roster rules and the Salary numbers they league published at the beginning of the year don't work with a 15k minimum.

As teams deal with all of these season ending injuries, it would be interesting to get some answers.

5. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Hate hearing that about Ohai. I was at that game Saturday and she was on the ground for a long time.

Waiting on word on Colaprico. I'm praying her injury isn't a major one.

6. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I guess this digs Dash in quite a deeper hole than the one where they already were (despite their recent win).

7. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I guess it depends on whether you think Lloyd or Ohai is the better club player. It's certainly worse than having both of them.

8. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sprained ankle. Probably out for Wednesday, but not serious.