Website www.dbscalcio.it

Discussion in 'Soccer History' started by vyncy, Jun 11, 2022.

1. vyncy

vyncy Member

Jun 18, 2012
    Hello everyone, I am the admin of the site www.dbscalcio.it that many of you want to find the ratings of the players. Many criticized the absence of the reference to sources. In reality, the table of sources was present in the version of the site until 2016, then it was eliminated. In any case, I am forwarding you the updated table:

upload_2022-6-11_14-15-27.png

I want to tell all those who freely use our site that we have countless other sources and I will mention a few:
    Argentina - El Grafico from 1930 to 2018 - Solo futbol from 1985 to 1997
    France - France Football from 1978 to 2013
    Spain Don Balon from 1978 to 1984
    Italy - Serie D (IV series) from 1996/97 to 2021/22
    Brazil - Placar from 1970 to 2011
    Italy Serie C (third series) - from 1958 to 1977
    In addition to those available online for Germany (kicker) and Spain (Mundo Deportivo). And many others from both European and South American minor leagues.
    We have started to create tables of World Championships, European Championships, European Cups (Champions Cup, Cup Winners' Cup, Uefa Cup) apply the schedule of the players with international matches. But to do this we need financial resources that we do not have. IT technicians are needed to implement the website. We are just a group of friends who are passionate about football. We have the possibility to insert on the website the match facts with ratings of every single game but I repeat we are not economically structured for this management of the amount of data in our possession. If here there were computer analyst with mysql database, as well as football enthusiasts, who want to support us in this project, we are willing to create a group, a structure, to create an immense ratings site truly unique in the world.
    One last thing about the ratings you read on the website. The final rating you read on the players' card is the result of a statistical interpolation necessary to try to make homogeneous not only the data from different nations but even from different eras.Could be noticed in what some people wrote in ths forum the Italian players in the 50s and 60s had much higher ratings than those of our day. A statistical calculation was needed to try to reduce these evaluations so different in the different eras to make them homogeneous.
    If you want to contact me, the email is info@dbscalcio.it. Thank you all.

PDG1978, FootyKing, comme and 2 others repped this.
  2. Titanlux

Titanlux Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Nov 27, 2017
    It is really a magnificent and necessary information, because some of us, including myself, wondered about the sources of these results and since there was no such information, I have to admit that I have had some reluctance to consider these results with total veracity. In this blog I have a thread in which I try to select the group of best Spanish players year after year. At the moment I am in the 1968-69 season, but I have been working on all the previous ones. In these last ones I have been using the main sports newspapers of this country: Marca, Mundo Deportivo and to a lesser extent As, because there are not too many years that I have complete. In a few months I will also have to use Don Balón, of which I fortunately have most of the copies of at least the first 12 years and I think I can get the rest. What I do is an average between the notes of all the sources I have information from, because some time ago I realized that the use of a single source can differ (and in fact it does) quite a lot with another, which is why, the more sources you have, the smaller the deviation of the average becomes. It is also true that my research, when doing it alone, is reduced to the most prominent players and the most popular ones.... Congratulations on your website.

comme repped this.
  3. PDG1978

PDG1978 Member+

Mar 8, 2009
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    #3 PDG1978, Aug 11, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2023
    Thanks mate for posting this.

I would say that in particular the Argentinian ratings from the (early?) 1940s could be very interesting and informative. Also the continuation of the French ratings after 1976/77 I think.

Do you have confirmation of the source for the 1993/94 English Premier League ratings too? And 1946/47 Serie A?

By the way, some of the English ratings did become a bit messed up (maybe when new sources were being incorporated?) - for 1994/95 the Nottingham Forest players only seem to have about half a season rated now (assuming the number of appearances shown relates to the ratings calculated) when previously they had average ratings over all appearances. It is the same for Everton in 1995/96 I have noticed too. I'm not really sure what has happened but maybe good to draw your attention to it?

Anyway, I know you are busy and it's not easy to get all the info up very quickly, so kudos on the site and also on making the post citing all the sources.

4. vyncy

vyncy Member

Jun 18, 2012
    You are absolutely right, I missed the schedule for Forest 1994/95 and Everton 1995/96. They are now fixed. As for the rest, I try to do my best with updates, but the workload is huge. If there was a mysql expert who wanted to help, we could improve the database well...

PDG1978 repped this.
  5. PDG1978

PDG1978 Member+

Mar 8, 2009
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Understood mate and thanks very much!

Yes, at one point I was starting to study for database design etc myself but for various reasons that didn't continue to the end, so I can't really offer enough expertise there, but I agree it would be great if some guys were able to help with it and expand your website into something even better. Maybe I could help with some inputting of data at some point potentially.

vyncy repped this.
  6. PDG1978

PDG1978 Member+

Mar 8, 2009
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Yes, I see now that Forest players for 94/95 and Everton players for 95/96 are back showing on the 'Media voto' pages for those Premier League seasons too, with their full-season ratings. Nice work with that mate, and I'm glad I mentioned it to you.

vyncy repped this.
  7. PDG1978

PDG1978 Member+

Mar 8, 2009
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Oh, I think there was the same issue for Tottenham Hotspur in 1996/97 actually @vyncy I remember now....