We Won!

Discussion in 'Cleveland' started by CCSUltra, Aug 23, 2009.

1. CCSUltra

CCSUltra Member+

Nov 18, 2008
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks to Tehteh Bangura. He looked really good tonight, probably the best play I've seen all season. And then the Thunder decided to hack our guys.

Still a win is a win. We may be out of the playoffs but it still felt good to get 3. At least we're out of last place temporarily.

2. Wolfff

Wolfff New Member

Jul 26, 2009
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What was our starting XI?

3. CCSUltra

CCSUltra Member+

Nov 18, 2008
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gilstrap
    Kanu-Roberts-Kante-Stovy
    Pato-Hotchkin-Alioune-Stewart
    LoCrone-Tehteh

4. billy bright

billy bright New Member

Dec 30, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "In case you havent noticed, and you probabaly havent, the City Stars have managed to win a few here and there and are threatening to climb out of the cellar"-- Harry Doyle

5. CCSUltra

CCSUltra Member+

Nov 18, 2008
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So why should the team even try anymore, eh Billy? Maybe they should just give up. Maybe they should just stop playing the games.

Jesus christ, I didn't realize we weren't allowed to be happy with a win.

I'd much rather have a win than a loss.

6. City Dave

City Dave Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ooo... we beat the only team we can beat this year. The other team that's almost as bad as us. Yeah, a win is nice, but it's a little too late for me to be jumping for joy.

By the way, there wasn't really anything bad in the quote from Major League that Billy posted. You're letting your dislike for him color your judgement. When did he say that you weren't supposed to be happy with the win? Stop being so defensive. I said worse above than what he did.

And the rest of the league has so many games in had that I'm sure our rise out of last place is only temporary. I'm not being pessimistic, I'm being realistic. No word on sale of the team yet? I guess that means we'll be back in the USL2 next year.

Yeah, yeah, I know we beat Rochester once, too.

7. CCSUltra

CCSUltra Member+

Nov 18, 2008
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nobody is jumping for joy. But after watching the game in person and watching it on TV, the team looked pretty good. Yes Minnesota isn't that much better than we are, but they were on a good stretch. All I am saying is that I'm happy we won and that we might be able to turn things around a bit in the end of the season. Will we make the playoffs? Absolutely not but I'd rather have the team win some more in the rest of the season than lose.

As far as the sale, Aaron was interviewed by Munch on Friday and I think the interview will start airing on Wednesday. It should be on on espncleveland.com earlier than that. He's also going to be on a couple of more shows during this week, though I can't remember which ones.

8. sfixx

sfixx Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Lorain County, OH
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just for the record: I was jumping for joy at the end of that game, along with one of the biggest crowds of the season. Following the game I didn't pass up the chance to shake every player's hand and congratulate them on a win that was a long time coming. If a positive result this late in a dissapointing season doesn't lift my spirits a bit I'm one hard hearted fan. My only dissapointment Saturday was that Middlefield Cheese didn't show up and I missed my cheese on a stick.

Steve

9. billy bright

billy bright New Member

Dec 30, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What the hell is wrong with you Ultra? It is a funny quote from one of the top 3 sports movies ever about a Cleveland team that climbs out of last place into First. It is an inspiring quote and movie that maybe CCS will do that next year.

Stop taking everything so freaking personal. How in the hell are going to get to Sports Journalism if you do that. You probably had your "Team FO" hat on when you wrote your response, but even then, its a business. If you dont start handling critics better, we will be seeing you on the corner with an Arbys cup begging for change. Either be a man and grow a sack or we can get you some *aginal cream.

10. CCSUltra

CCSUltra Member+

Nov 18, 2008
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice to see you take everything personally as well. ;)

Thanks for the career advice. I'm sure with your help I'll be able to make it very far. I hope you can give me some more forum advice on how to be a man.

Hope to see you at the final home game! Hopefully you'll be able to tolerate our stadium long enough to come out and support your home team.

On the topic of the game, it was nice to see the team continue to attack with the lead. Had we gotten a few better bounces we could have been 3 up. For once we didn't sit back in a shell and we won. Hopefully that continues.

11. MLSinCleveland

MLSinCleveland Member+

Oct 12, 2006
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't remember much of the match (the mix of cold medicine and sleep deprivation will do that to a man), but I definitely remember the feeling of getting a win.

Jumping for joy - not quite

Far, far happier than I would've been with a draw (or, heaven forbid, a loss to a club as bad as Minnesota) - abso-frickin-lutely!

12. CCSUltra

CCSUltra Member+

Nov 18, 2008
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I mean, this was a game that we always should have won. Minnesota isn't that good of a team, even though they had been hot recently. However, we hadn't been winning these games, so it's nice for us to get three points.

Now we just need to go to Minnesota and take three more. Austin lost this past weekend so we're still in 10th. A win would also help us catch Minnesota in 9th.

13. MLSinCleveland

MLSinCleveland Member+

Oct 12, 2006
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Given how poorly this season started, 9th would be a huge achievement. Also, anything that provides momentum going into what will be a pivotal offseason for City is a good thing.

14. billy bright

billy bright New Member

Dec 30, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wont be. My uncle is an assistant coach for Georia tech football and we are going down there for there home opener. They have a shot at the BCS this season.

15. CCSUltra

CCSUltra Member+

Nov 18, 2008
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly. We've got some good core players in Tehteh, the goalkeepers, Kante, Kanu, Stewart, etc. We need to supplement that core.

16. LordRobin

LordRobin Member+

Sep 1, 2006
    Akron, OH
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, the feeling was nice while it lasted...

------RM

17. CCSUltra

CCSUltra Member+

Nov 18, 2008
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unfortunately it didn't last that long. I don't think we deserved to win last nice, Minnesota created good chances. However, I don't think they were 3 goals better than us. Platter made some good saves. We should have had 1 goal, but he came up big.

18. City Dave

City Dave Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Always an excuse.

19. CCSUltra

CCSUltra Member+

Nov 18, 2008
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is saying we don't deserve to win an excuse? We didn't finish, Minnesota was the better team on the night. No doubt about it. We had chances and Platter made some good saves.

When it comes down to it, we didn't deserve to win last night.

20. Davcre

Davcre New Member

Nov 6, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    Club:
    Pittsburgh Riverhounds
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you guys sound like a bunch of old ladies arguing over laxitives at the bingo hall...don't you have more important thing to worry about, like your club being up for sale and your relegation back to the USL's second division?

cant wait to see you again next season!!

<3

21. CCSUltra

CCSUltra Member+

Nov 18, 2008
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Pittsburgh Riverhounds, 10 years of futility.

22. MLSinCleveland

MLSinCleveland Member+

Oct 12, 2006
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Okay, I realize you guys are too busy trying not to ralph at the sight of that ugly, sissy font the Stillers use for jersey numbers, but the odds are that City will be sold to a group with the werewithal to keep them in USL-1.

That being said, I do hope to see you guys next year...in round 2 of the open Cup, that'd be a virtual bye to round 3 and a chance to beat an MLS side.

Wait, that would involve the Mutts beating a USASA side...well, a nearsighted groundhog can dream.:D

23. CrewFan1

CrewFan1 New Member

Nov 10, 2005
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Question, is it ok to be a fan of BOTH the Riverhounds AND the City Stars. This past season i had season tickets to both teams.

24. Davcre

Davcre New Member

Nov 6, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    Club:
    Pittsburgh Riverhounds
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I imagine in some extremely rare cases it could happen, but it's not very common to say the least.

I'm hoping that CCS is relegated and that they move back to Krenzler so that the GA shows up again and we can have a proper go at eachother.

25. CCSUltra

CCSUltra Member+

Nov 18, 2008
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, nothing like going on the road to the top team in the league, one of the most intimidating atmospheres in US soccer and getting a win.

Portland 0-1 CCS, Jason Hotchkin with the goal.