We will be back

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by The Wee Man, Dec 16, 2005.

1. UrawaRed

UrawaRed New Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Kiyose, Tokyo
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
  2. UrawaRed

UrawaRed New Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Kiyose, Tokyo
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    After looking at that sight, I thought it was "Purple Haze, all in my brain, Lately things just don't seem the same..."

The guy was a prophet.

3. gilmoreaz

gilmoreaz Member

Aug 19, 2003
    Peoria, Arizona
    Well said Olson50... This is really all that matters in the grand scheme of things!

4. Hawkeye17

Hawkeye17 DynaChick v QuakeBabe v WildKate v Chewie23

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jimi!

5. vikingwayne

vikingwayne Member

Jun 18, 2003
    Santa Cruz
    Blue. It matches my eyes.

Actually, anything but those horrible Clash colors.

6. UrawaRed

UrawaRed New Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Kiyose, Tokyo
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Red. It matches my eyes. :D

7. UrawaRed

UrawaRed New Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Kiyose, Tokyo
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Yeah, those Clash colors really clashed. They were absolutely abominable. Only the black was passable. As far as I am concerned, either red or blue is okay. A combination of the two would be preferable; someway of honoring all the traditions. That is one of the reasons I like the 2004 red, it had both logos on it, and the red was good, damn it, it was good!

8. TyffaneeSue

TyffaneeSue moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Upstairs
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Black and blue matches my eye.

Just kidding!

I like the lime and pink suggestion. Very preppy.

9. Earthshaker

Earthshaker BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. sj_oldtimer

sj_oldtimer Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Clovis CA
    It's unfortunate that they stole the colors in the first place. Personally, I imagine there are all kinds of creative ways to use all of the historical colors plus the old and new logos. I am not too worried about any of these things.

11. UrawaRed

UrawaRed New Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Kiyose, Tokyo
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Right! Let's get the team first.

12. Teutonic Fuhrer

Teutonic Fuhrer Red Card

Jun 1, 2005
    There's not gonna be an MLS team in the Bay Area anymore! All of you guys have to support, the mighty, world famous, super power San Jose Frogs!

13. spejic

spejic Cautionary example

Mar 1, 1999
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    No one stole anything. You can't get a more simple or common jersey idea than plain red. Nottingham Forest and Arsenal were doing it over a century ago. Dallas had just as much right to it as the San Jose MLS team did.

14. UrawaRed

UrawaRed New Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Kiyose, Tokyo
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Have you been plunking your magic twanger again, Froggy?

15. Olson50

Olson50 New Member

Aug 8, 2005
    Durham, England
    Mine, too! :cool:

As The Beautiful South once sang, "Old Red Eyes is back!" :p

16. Olson50

Olson50 New Member

Aug 8, 2005
    Durham, England
    The San Jose Earthquakes have been synonymous with professional soccer in the Bay Area since 1974. Even during the dark years when the name was in a state of legal limbo due to rights issues, the Quakes identity - name, colours, ex-players and coaches - represented that tradition and legacy. To deny that history and legacy based on the five years that Quakes Mk. III were around playing in blue seems perverse when there is both scope and opportunity to recognise and respect the entirety of the San Jose Earthquakes tradition when Quakes Mk. IV come into being.

For example, as someone else pointed out, in 2005/06 Manchester United play in red and black at home and blue and black on the road (we could easily do that, or reverse the home/away thing). Or there are the examples of Barcelona and Crystal Palace, who play in vertical blue and red alternating stripes. There are ways of doing this that can be inclusive of all the team's 31-year tradition. There is neither need nor reason to exclude or deny any of the club's past based on just the 2000-05 era of Quakes Mk. III. The roots of the San Jose Earthquakes identity go deeper than that.

But I agree entirely that the first and most essential step is getting the team back. Until that happens (and it will happen :)), these arguments are academic.

17. UrawaRed

UrawaRed New Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Kiyose, Tokyo
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Alternating blue and red stripes would be a good solution for one uniform. We don't have to have just two, there can be a third. Doesn't Chicago have a third? I know that a lot of the Premiership teams do. Both the 1973 and the 1999 logos on the front would be good.

18. UrawaRed

UrawaRed New Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Kiyose, Tokyo
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Right!

19. smpfi65

smpfi65 New Member

Jun 18, 2004
    BySoLeDaDsTaTePriSoN
    It's ok T.F. I think that as long as we have the determination & will nobody is going to stop us now ! ! ! This can & will become a reality, but it will also depend on how much we want to work for it of course because its not going to get done by itself that's for sure. :)

20. sj_oldtimer

sj_oldtimer Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Clovis CA
    I hope you did not take my comments seriously. Obviously, red is a common color in this business. Life could be a lot worse....there could be someone wanting to recognize those hideous first Clash kits.

21. proud smurf

proud smurf Member

Jul 30, 2005
    Uranus
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Like Barcelona?

I like the idea!

GO QUAKES !

WE WILL BE BACK ! :cool:

LA LUCHA CONTINUA !

22. TyffaneeSue

TyffaneeSue moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Upstairs
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I am trying to do some cleaning over the holidays and put the big cards that said "Beat LA" on one side and were solid red or yellow on the other side in the recycling bin. Now I'm having second thoughts. What do you all think? Is it bad karma to assume that I'll have a chance to use them again, or should I pretend that I don't care and leave them in the bin?

It's not too late to change my mind...until it rains again.

23. atypicalquakesfan

atypicalquakesfan Go Houston!

Jun 19, 2005
    Silicon Valley
    Well, I saved mine...

24. ThreeApples

ThreeApples Member+

Jul 28, 1999
    Smurf Village
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Except the Barcelona look and color scheme have nothing to do with any part of the history of the San Jose Earthquakes.

25. UrawaRed

UrawaRed New Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Kiyose, Tokyo
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Save 'em. I am saving all of my Quakes stuff. No way would I throw it away.