We will be back

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by The Wee Man, Dec 16, 2005.

1. Hawkeye17

Hawkeye17 DynaChick v QuakeBabe v WildKate v Chewie23

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Red and Blue. ;)

The NY Mets are a combination of blue as homage to the Brooklyn team, and orange as deference to the old New York Giants.

If the expansion Quakes go with red, I might have to go along with that team with those coloured shirts and are the current European champions. :eek: :D

2. chowhog99

chowhog99 Member

Sep 26, 2002
    Pass the Tissues
    We can't do it right when we are dealing with a league that is literally a "puppet" for additional stadium rights by a corporation that dominates this area. AEG owns 1/3 of the power.

I say lets join the US-1 league. I am sick of the MLS.

3. swissard

swissard Member

Feb 5, 2003
    Absolutely a combination of the two colors is the way.
    Wee Man, we are with you and I hope you have a role in the new team.
    The Quakes phoenix will rise anew from the ashes of the AEG extraction. Unfortunately this is truly a case of the cure being worse than the disease. Within his impotent role, Garber seems to have hinted as much (along with some obvious CYA BS.)
    I don't think it takes much to see that the real problem was AEG wanting to control the venue with the Quakes as leverage.

We will return, stronger and AEG free.....believe (it's the season.)

4. QuakerHead

QuakerHead New Member

Oct 22, 2001
    San Jose
    Purdy is just a 3rd rate writer who only has a megaphone because he gets one from the murky news. Get Tony Ridder into an ownership group and the megaphone goes away.

This sounds exactly like the kind of deal Lew Wolff could pull off.

5. sangreazul

sangreazul Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Belmont, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I too think the Earthquakes will be back. We've been knocked down before but never knocked out. For those of us that follow other leagues in the world and are familiar with the idea of promotion/relegation, I take this as having been relegated (though for not the same reasons) I will follow the SF Seals as if they were the Quakes and will do everything I can to help out that the Quakes return to Primera Division.

Never Give Up !!!

Red an Blue sounds good to me.
    Independiente, Argentina

[​IMG]

6. cristoforo7

cristoforo7 New Member

May 14, 2003
    Waiting (patiently) for Ann Killion's column to refute Purdy. :)

7. Tony Crescitelli

Tony Crescitelli New Member

Nov 17, 2005
    Five n Dime
    You are an inspiration. Yesterday I was in the f*** MLS/AEG/SJSU/everybody mode. A day later I can see the way to this being an opportunity for what we have always wanted and deserved - a real local ownership who cares about soccer fans first.

And I'll cheer us in Green and Gold if Lew Wolff is our savior (on our terms of course).

The Wee Man is a bigger man than all of us.

8. KMJvet

KMJvet BigSoccer Supporter

May 26, 2001
    Quake Country
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I think so too. The only thing Purdy is particularly guilty of with that article is its tone. His dislike for soccer because it's the rest of the world's game just creates a pervasive bad smell to an articles whose content is mostly correct.

9. Olson50

Olson50 New Member

Aug 8, 2005
    Durham, England
    Hallelujah! :D

10. Jake1983

Jake1983 Red Card

Nov 5, 2005
    Paradise
    You guys can always support the Galaxy :D

11. smpfi65

smpfi65 New Member

Jun 18, 2004
    BySoLeDaDsTaTePriSoN
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS ! ! ! ! WE will be back WEEMAN and I also definately agree with you on the colors ! ! ! I also hope that your involved with " OPERATION BRING BACK QUAKES NOW ! ! ! ! " Your an inspiration and a motivator to this community. This is the type of community leadership that we need in this fight ! ! ! Speaking on a personal basis you can count on me cheering and working towards the GOAL ! ! !

" SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES YESTERDAY, TODAY, & TOMORROW "

FOREVER :)

12. Olson50

Olson50 New Member

Aug 8, 2005
    Durham, England
    Absolutely! :)

13. smpfi65

smpfi65 New Member

Jun 18, 2004
    BySoLeDaDsTaTePriSoN
    When can we start doing something about this I am very anxious to start somewhere because 12 months go by really fast comrades ! ! ! Well one thing for sure I will be wearing my Earthquakes gear to SBC park on FEB. 10th U.S.A. vs JAPAN ! ! ! ! :)

14. smpfi65

smpfi65 New Member

Jun 18, 2004
    BySoLeDaDsTaTePriSoN

YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKKKKK not those Sunflowers wannabees ! ! ! ! ! FEEL LIKE PUKING ! ! ! ! !

15. Honore de Ballsac

Oct 28, 2005
    France.

Agreed. Blue please. Quakes blue.

Sell those red kits like a third jersey and I'll definitely buy them though.

16. Honore de Ballsac

Oct 28, 2005
    France.
    Sure! It worked for all three new uniforms in 2005:

Chivas USA
    FC Dallas
    Real Salt Lake

Please. I LOVE ya Johnny, but let's come back looking like the MLS champs, and keep the red for the third strip.

17. UrawaRed

UrawaRed New Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Kiyose, Tokyo
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Wee Man has to be a main part of the resurrection. Those who know him wouldn't want it any other way.

18. quakesfan10

quakesfan10 New Member

Sep 24, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    I second that!

19. clashcityrocker

Mar 12, 1999
    In the shadow of RFK
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    If we have trouble getting a new club going, and you know MLS has a few tricks up their sleeves for us still - I say we let them keep their trademarked intellectual property and call the team Wee Man United.

In fact, that's my new favorite team.

20. sonofapitch

sonofapitch New Member

Feb 11, 2002
    Novato, CA
    Now, THAT would do my heart good!!! If we are going to keep the heritage alive, let's get back to the true roots of our team--the red and black!

Are we able to also use the old logo (circa NASL) or does someone still hold its rights?

21. sonofapitch

sonofapitch New Member

Feb 11, 2002
    Novato, CA
    Johnny, how the heck do you always choose the exact PERFECT words? :)

22. sonofapitch

sonofapitch New Member

Feb 11, 2002
    Novato, CA
    I can always jump off the Golden Gate Bridge, as well....but I don't intend to do that in this lifetime, either.

23. sonofapitch

sonofapitch New Member

Feb 11, 2002
    Novato, CA
    As for the color issue, I'd be in favor of going back to our original red and black.

The red/blue combo proposal is cool, too. I could live with any of them. If you look at MLS right now, any of the proposed combinations is already in use by another club, so what's the difference?

I am in favor of red/black because that is what our truly original colors were. Granted, we won titles in blue but to me, this is about saluting ALL of our tradition--that's why you fight to keep the name and all. Let's revisit our pure beginnings.

The old red-and-black squads ran up some great records of their own. In fact, when the '05 Quakes completed the unbeaten home season, I got an uneasy feeling about the playoffs because I had witnessed this before in the old NASL days. Can't recall the year but I was in college at SJSU...our Quakes went unbeaten at home and had only to win a one-off home playoff match to reach Soccer Bowl (then, the championship game) to be held in Seattle. My buddies and I were already planning to cut classes and drive to Seattle for the game.........the Quakes lost that home playoff match, 1-0 to the Vancouver Whitecaps. (At least, I think that's what it was...I seem to remember Carl Valentine scoring that goal--correct me if I'm wrong.) Anyway, the end result was our unbeaten home team getting early vacation. Seeing the 2005 season end the same way for our Blue Quakes was hauntingly eerie!

24. Mike22

Mike22 New Member

Nov 8, 2005
    Tampa-->KC, Mo
    wow he's a four letter word for a certain male appendage.

25. Bajoro

Bajoro Member+

Sep 10, 2000
    The Inland Empire
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, you got it. With a vengance!!