We Really Screwed the Puig: The 2021 Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by inswinger, Dec 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    great news. now we can finally move on and get serious about planning for next season.

ShortyMac and unclesox repped this.
  2. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Not so great news

Soon-to-be Barcelona player Andreas Christensen was directly responsible for one of Arsenal's goals against Chelsea, and was subbed out at half time after a poor performance.

3. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tuchel said that Christensen asked to be subbed off, and that he would not take a player off for one mistake. Tuchel also said that the pitch was largely to blame for Chistensen's mistake. (from the match report i read on ESPN)

4. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    [emoji599][emoji599][emoji2424]| Joan Laporta to a fan: “There is a HIGH PROBABILITY of Lewandowski joining FC Barcelona this summer.”
    Via: @forcabarca_ar

5. Barc@4ever

Barc@4ever Member

Barcelona
    Jul 21, 2020
    Roberto renewed for another year , and I actually thought that things would change when Laporta and Xavi came :unsure:

ShortyMac and Jpows repped this.
  6. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    with Mazraoui looking like he'll sign with Bayern, and Azpilizueta's contract with Chelsea being extended, and given the needs to invest in other positions with a limited budget, what other options did they have?

7. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Sadly Rudiger has reportedly signed with Real Madrid for 4 years ... around 300,000 per week

8. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    [emoji599][emoji599]| FC Barcelona believe that Alessio Romagnoli will make a CB partnership with Araujo for the next five years; the coaches have already given the green light for his signing.
    @fansjavimiguel [[emoji2422]]

9. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Please God nooooo !!

[emoji779]️Barcelona are interested in signing Romelu Lukaku as Lewandowski's signing is getting complicated.

@MarcA

10. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    lukaku is the 6th highest paid player in the EPL.
    so we probably can't afford him, if that makes you feel better.

11. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    A little ...

He’s absolutely not suited to FC Barcelona

12. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Nobody on the down side of their career is appropriate IMO, including Lewandowski. It would be one thing if our squad was full of teenagers and early twenty-somethings in which case an experienced player could help guide/tutor them as they mature, but we already have tons of old farts in this squad to do that job which we are either unable or unwilling to let go.

Jpows repped this.
  13. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Lewa is amazing and he’s got another 5 years at the top

14. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Antonio Cassano: "I'm in love with the Barça philosophy. However, if they sign Lukaku, I refuse to watch any of their matches."

15. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    [emoji599]| FC Barcelona have discussed a contract until 2026 with Koulibaly - talks are quite advanced with him; the club sees him making a partnership with Araujo.

16. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    [emoji599][emoji599]| Adama Traore will NOT continue at FC Barcelona - the club has made the decision because the priorities are Dembélé & Raphinha.

17. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    I don't watch much Serie A. How does Koulibaly compare with Christensen? Can he play right back if needed? Koulibaly is 5 years older than Christensen so think I'd prefer the latter unless there is a noticeable difference in quality and/or versatility.

18. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    I’ve only seen Christensen play .. he’s always been a sound defender when I’ve seen him

Not in the league of VVD of course

19. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Barcelona are very attentive to Bernardo Silva of Manchester City. Xavi wants him because he considers it important to have another interior alongside Pedri. It will be a difficult operation. Frenkie de Jong could be used as a bargaining chip. [md]

20. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    [emoji599]| If FC Barcelona cannot sign Lewandowski, the alternatives are Alvaro Morata & Joao Felix.
    @xavi__hdez

21. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Luis Suárez wants to return to Barcelona, and he has already let Xavi know. He would considerably lower his salary

#10JoseAlvarez

22. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    I can see this happening

[emoji599]| Xavi wants a midfield duo that has similar qualities to when he played with Iniesta. FC Barcelona already has Pedri & Bernardo Silva is liked a lot; though his arrival is dependent on Frenkie De Jong.
    @martinezferran

23. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    [emoji599]| FC Barcelona have total agreement with Azpilicueta for a contract of 2+1 seasons & a salary of €13M/year gross.

ShortyMac repped this.
  24. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    This has to be bollox

| FC Barcelona are offering €20M/year salary to Dembélé, but it is insufficient according to his agents - talks will resume this week, but his contract renewal is ‘almost impossible’.
    @martimolinapey

25. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    More bollox than the Bernardo Silva for Frenkie swap? :unsure:

Most of these rumors you post are the sort of things nightmares are made of. I am hoping that all of the above register at least a 9 on the bollox-o-meter, except the Azpilicueta one (which could also be bollox but at least its a good rumor).

unclesox repped this.