We need a Youth Soccer Movie

Discussion in 'Youth & HS Soccer' started by VolklP19, Oct 13, 2021.

1. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    Just watched the film Dealing with Idiots...

I'm thinking one of us could be a millionare if we made a film about Youth Soccer! Of course it would be far worse - in a dark humor or a "been there - done that" sort of feel.

- Bad Refs
    - Bad Coaches
    - Bad Parents

Sprinkle in a few good coaches and parents and I think it's a slam dunk. I mean we all know the characters right?

Honestly this could be better then the soccer itself!

CoachP365 and soccerdad72 repped this.
  2. soccerdad72

soccerdad72 Member

Chelsea
    United States
    Apr 5, 2021
    Something like this?

CoachP365 and VolklP19 repped this.
  3. NewDadaCoach

NewDadaCoach Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Sep 28, 2019
  4. CoachP365

CoachP365 Member+

Money Grab FC
    Apr 26, 2012
    Could we top "kicking and screaming" though?

5. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    Yeah this one would be rated "R". I thinks we'd have stories to back that up.

6. soccerdad72

soccerdad72 Member

Chelsea
    United States
    Apr 5, 2021
    Last year, our high school team played a boarding school that had a bunch of foreign players on their team, the best of which was this Italian kid. Phenomenal player - by the end of the game, a bunch of our parents couldn't help themselves and started saying, "Pass it to the Italian!" a bunch of times. :p

espola and bigredfutbol repped this.
  7. rustysurf83

rustysurf83 Member

Dec 30, 2015
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I always thought a youth soccer reality show, similar to Friday Night Tykes or Dance Moms, would kill ratings. Completely toxic for the actual participants I’m sure, but youth soccer may be the craziest of all sports since you have so many different organizations and clubs trying to sell the “premier/elite” label. My teams are full of pretty rational parents, but I’m still very confident your could get at least 60’ a week of “drama” out of us. Find a few of these dumpster fire type programs in big cities and it would be a goldmine.

As a joke tonight, I made my daughter run a lap for being late. Even though I am the coach and drove her there. We were late because my older daughter had a track meet so my assistant knew and ran the initial portion of practice. Can you imagine a producer creatively editing that? It would be mind blowing. I would be the psycho coach, my daughter would be the poor over-stretched child, I’m sure you could get a couple creative parent comments. Gold I tell you, Gold! [emoji23]

8. justanothersoccerdad

Apr 5, 2021
    Lol! A well-conceived youth soccer reality show would be very watchable. Call it Unlucky or some such.

soccerdad72 repped this.
  9. mjlee22

mjlee22 Quake & Landon fan

Nov 24, 2003
    near Palo Alto, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is already a pretty accurate and funny film about the bad parenting side of youth soccer. It's a 2012 film called Bad Parents, which I reviewed on my website of >375 soccer movie reviews (soccermoviemom.com). Of course, there is always room for more soccer movies, so please feel free to make your own. :)

I also have a bigsoccer thread on my posts because BS is where I started this obsession 10 years ago! :eek:

10. espola

espola Member+

Feb 12, 2006
    Did you run a lap too?

11. rustysurf83

rustysurf83 Member

Dec 30, 2015
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Of course not..I’m the coach, rules don’t apply to me [emoji23]

12. Beachmom

Beachmom New Member

Nov 19, 2021
    I'd pay to watch this. I want one that focuses on team managers.

13. justanothersoccerdad

Apr 5, 2021
    As a U10 boys team manager, I could easily write a couple of scripts.

bigredfutbol repped this.