We just got back from the airport.

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Nick_78, Nov 15, 2004.

1. RMDad

RMDad New Member

Nov 15, 2001
    Fredericksburg, Va.
    I was there, spoke with Earnie, Nelly, Freddy, Alecko, Tino, and I believe Perkins.
    Earnie was very gracious in taking another couple pictures with G-Man.
    I asked if he remembered the little boy who greeted him 2 yrs ago, he said, yes I do, and seemed pleased to be asked for the photos.

All the lads seemed bushed, but were very polite, and friendly with us.

Mark

2. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

ENVIOUS AM I.

3. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Seconded to the nth degree.

4. writered21

writered21 Member+

Jul 14, 2001
    Middle of the Road
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't do it. Trust me on this one.

5. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Good thing I'm shopping around for journalism grad schools right now... :(
    Oiii.... what the eff am I doing ????

6. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Good thing I'm shopping around for journalism grad schools right now... :(
    Oiii.... what the eff am I doing ????

7. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Duff and I got some pics for Barra site

Freddy was there, he must have walked by while Nellie was distracting people with shinny object, but he was hanging around and signing stuff.

Nellie purged my Barra jersey by signing over Hristo's sig :)

eeew!!!??? Never I hope :D

8. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    You know, it's really fitting that one of Earnie Stewart's first memories on DC was a good one in the airport, and one of his last one's will be as well. Good stuff.

9. Nick_78

Nick_78 New Member

May 9, 2004
    VA
    Club:
    DC United
    My son was on the news this morning with Nellie and the Cup! If by some more than bizzare stroke of luck someone was taping the news on channel 7 (ABC) this morning I would love to get ahold of a copy

10. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    Fixed your post. :D

11. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    I saw your son on the channel 7 am news. Looked really cool.

12. Nick_78

Nick_78 New Member

May 9, 2004
    VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Last night made his year. That look you saw on his face when he was with Nellie and the Cup is the look he gets when he is happy beyond words. :)

13. Bill-DC

Bill-DC Member+

May 20, 2002
    :)

14. beltwayrob

beltwayrob New Member

Jun 15, 2004
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well my favorite quote of the evening was some jackarse walking through said, "Yeah we thought they were some crappy high school team!" This guy was serious too. GRRRRR He about had a couple Barra and a few young teenage girls kickin his butt.

All the boys seemed pretty tired but delighted to be welcomed home by their fans. Earnie definitely seemed most appreciative of the support. I think Stokes realized his time at DC is pretty finished at this point, he beelined for the baggage claim as did a couple of the other guys. It was good to see Freddy take some time out for the kids, and Nellie, that man just rocks. You know he just wanted to go home, but he was one of the last out of the building, signing autographs and taking pictures all the while.

Can't wait to see you all out there tonight. Hopefully you'll get a chance to hoist that cup like some of us did. A lot lighter than I thought.

15. Nick_78

Nick_78 New Member

May 9, 2004
    VA
    Club:
    DC United
    After hearing Ben Olsen on Elliott this morning it appears that maybe some guys had a bit too much to drink prior to the flight, that may explain the haggard look. :D

Having said that, they were truely a class act. Every one of them that my son was able to make it up to was more than happy to sign his shirt for him, take pictures with him and shake his hand. I didn't get him to sleep until about midnight last night because he was so excited and kept chanting DC, DC, DC.... (he decided he doesn't like to add the United part because then he gets confused and wants to say United States :) ) Anyway, they made a fan for life out of my son last night and if there was any ounce of doubt in my body about my support of the team, there is none left now!!

16. Bambule GK

Bambule GK New Member

Aug 16, 2000
    The ATL

And it's this attitude and approach to the fans that always makes me mutter "be careful what you wish for" when I hear people lament our 2nd tier status as a sport/league in America.

just sayin...

17. Darth Norteño

Darth Norteño With Buddha In My Fists

The Arsenal
    Wales
    Dec 9, 2003
    laceyforest.arl.va
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    Dammit, I was gonna come out, but I found myself otherwise engaged with a female...for once. ;)

And yes, she is human. AND living. And no, it's not my mother. I know how you sick freaks work, so no rejoinders for you. :D

Nothing will stop me from tonight's rally, though.

18. DoctorD

DoctorD Member+

Sep 29, 2002
    MidAtlantic
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You should have replied "No, Manchester is the DC United of England". :)

19. rtiemens

rtiemens Member

Aug 16, 1999
    Virginia
    What?! I thought he was slated to take Nellie's spot once he goes!

;)

20. Diablo10

Diablo10 New Member

I caught the clips on Sportsnight. I saw Duffman on there getting his pic taken with Nellie. Glad to see you guys out there welcoming our boys back. I wish I could've been there, but I will be at RFK tonight doing my part to say thanks for a great season!!!