"We can't come up with a catchy title" Cristiano Ronaldo Thread Pt. 6 [R]

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by GoodDead, Nov 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    continue the admiration here.

2. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Thread - Part 6 [R]

Well Ronaldo already scored 11 goals so far this season, and were only just entering December

last season = 23.

and he missed like 3-5 EPL matches including a suspension and he sat out in the last one after returning from international duty (which they failed to win)

So Id say hes on pace to improve on last seasons goal tally, but its not only about goals cuz assists are just as important!

anyways, I think im going to email TSN. I think when they broadcast EURO 2008 games, whenever Ronaldo has the ball they should play a special theme song when he has the ball it would be good for TV ratings.

3. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

I am gonna email tsn and make sure sportsnet and more specifically Craig Forest stays far away from the euro. Who really needs to hear that ridiculous bias when England isn't even there.

*Ronaldo gets hauled down for the 40th time* -Ugh that is ridiculous you hate to see diving but unfortunately in these smaller nations it's a part of the game and you hope that FIFA will one day stamp it out.

*Henry dives his way to a PK* Oh what a smart player, a little deceiving but it's well executed.

4. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

LOL, I remember during the play the commentators are like

Well Henry has been fouled in the area (seem puzzled)... wait for replays
    (see a little tap on the ankle) OH YES... THERE WAS CONTACT..INDEED ITS A PENALTY (intense joy in their voice) lol they sounded like they just won the lotto.

5. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Trying to think of something....

Cristiano Ronaldo...."no end product" thread.

?

Nah thats bad.

6. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

The thread should be called

"The Golden Boy"

7. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

You can call it "I love sporting but red is my color", Ronaldo!

8. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007

"fancy dan with no end product"

or

"winking;) his way to become the best player in the world"

9. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Thats a sick one, I say we keep the current one as its pretty funny and then implement yours in about, oh i dont know...3 or 4 days when this thread runs its course.

10. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    How about this one from a Sporting fan's perspective...

F*cking Ronaldo does it again!!!:D

11. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    EPL game: Manchester Utd 2-0 Fulham.

Ronaldo scored both goals.
    first goal, from the corner in the 10th minute a bad defensive header made the ball drop to Ronaldo, who gave a nice right foot volley'ed finish in to the top corner

2nd half,
    United were struggling to find another goal until Ronaldo scored from a header from a John O'Shea cross.

Ronaldo scored 12 braces for Man united in his career, but hasnt got a hattrick. Today was an excellent chance for him to get a hatrick but 2-0 up, Ronaldo had a breakway 1 on 1 with the keeper, took the ball around the keeper and he jumped to avoid the keepers hands which were going to foul Ronaldo. The ref booked Ronaldo for a dive, but it was a penalty and the commentators wanted a penalty and after the game on Setenta the TV analyssts all agreed he was wronggly booked. it could of been his first hattrick today:(

12. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    he should of chipped it then and in the 84th he had another break and could of also chipped it. The goalie was dying for one to go in over his head.

Ronaldo Goal Count:

Premier League: 8 *Tied for first with 3 others
    Champions League: 5 *Tied for first with Zlatan
    FA: N/A

total: 13

13. chicaCR7

chicaCR7 New Member

Oct 19, 2007
    NY
    If I was Ronaldo I wouldn't have claped at the ref, I would have punched the crap out of him! I mean if u dont want to give the penalty, why the hell a yellow? For what? Im just pissed:mad:

Why Ronaldo be a good guy when he gets fouled or has a chance to win something for the team when the refs dont take into consideration his development as a player and give the call when is so damm clear! Yea the goaliee didnt touch him, but there was no ball and he went for the player, if it had been another player Styles would have called the pen & thats what upsets me!

Anywho, the only option is now that when in that same position Ronaldo just keeps running and if he gets his legs broken then maybe finally the stupid ref changes his mind!

14. UltraViseu

UltraViseu Member

Jan 22, 2006
    Strong Island
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    It was the 11th time Ronaldo has scored twice in a game for the Red Devils - but his wait for a hat-trick goes on after referee Rob Styles booked the Portugal winger for diving rather than awarding what seemed a certain penalty when he fell over Antti Niemi's body as he pursued a Ryan Giggs' through ball.

15. chicaCR7

chicaCR7 New Member

Oct 19, 2007
    NY
    Hey guys, I wanted to know how many assists does Ronaldo have?

I mean I thought his pass against Arsenal counted as an assist & then his pass to Tevez against Sporting! I read that he only has one this season, which means the one against Arsenal doesnt count?

16. chicaCR7

chicaCR7 New Member

Oct 19, 2007
    NY
    Ronaldo is getting great with the interviews jeje :)

I just saw the second goal again, and for a second when Ronaldo went to celebrate it, there was almost an accident between him and Oshea and if Ronaldo hadn't moved his head I swear it would of ended up in a kiss between them two lmao hahaha! Here

http://www.******************.com/?v=OX8NEOXA

17. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I kind of saw the same thing. He was kind of looking for the dive. He knocked the ball to the other direction and simply went over the keeper. However, he wasn't really touched(maybe grazed), but the keeper did "obstruct" his path, and with accordance to the rules, that warrants a penalty.

Example of the rule in effect is every time Gerrard is awarded a penalty.:rolleyes:

18. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Who gives a shit if he tried to sell a fall? The pic shows it all. Goalie obstructing Ronaldo...Call = Penalty

Someone should review the rules.

19. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    One thing is for sure is that the yellow card was completely foolish.

20. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    These are english refs were talking about, the same that won't offer ronaldo protection. As fergie has stated many times, nobody cares!

It's a tough call but ronaldo did dive trying to persuade the ref to call a penalty.

21. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    It's not a tough call a goalie cannot get in the way of an attacking player, was Ronaldo supposed to have his legs taken off for you?

22. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Another goal for Ronnie a PK in the 91st. Here he DOVE like a champ to get the call. But the best part was him telling Tevez to go to the back of the line when Tevez asked to take the pk on account that he had 2 goals....sure it was selfish but I got a kick out of it.

23. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    lol Ronaldo is the most controversial player, yeah he went down too easy there yikes that was a dive imo

as far as letting tevez take the pk, well ronaldo is supposed to be the pk taker so i dont see anythin wrong with that, if tevez dove for the pk then maybe wed have a argument on our hands:D

24. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    For the most part Ronaldo was unselfish the whole game (The Rooney tap in feed and Tevez pass from Free kick stand out) But at the end he wanted his due LOL.

But what is very startling I just noticed is that in the Prem, CRon has a leading 9 goals and No Assists? And in the CL he has 5 goals and only 1 assist.

Where are the assists? is he a striker now or something?

Last year he had 13 assists in the Prem and 5 in the CL. He is way off pace in both....although his scoring pace is definitely up.

If he can manage 8-10 assists this season it would be great but it looks like he will get maybe 5-7 or none if things keep going the way they do.

25. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    He got an assistant last game from the Giggs goal.