We can keep the MLS home unbeaten streak alive if...

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by living_ded_boy, Sep 4, 2002.

1. living_ded_boy

living_ded_boy New Member

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca
    I just don't have the answer. :( No matter what, I think we need Donovan, Graziani and DeRo all in the starting lineup.....no matter what the formation.

2. bpc

bpc Member+

Jul 21, 1999
    Silicon Valley
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I think we'll get a goal or two, the key is to shut down the defensive mistakes. We need to return to our "shut-out" form. Cannon still has the lowest GAA in the league, we need to tap into what it was that kept him there.

3. Smurfquake

Smurfquake Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2000
    San Carlos, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's all about the defense. Before the last two games, the only teams who scored more than two on the Quakes were Pachuca and Seattle. Now Colorado got 3 and DC got 4 in the last two games. If we can get our best defenders out there (Barrett, Dayak, Agoos, Conrad) and they are healthy and play well, we'll be fine.

4. living_ded_boy

living_ded_boy New Member

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca

I don't know that Agoos is one of our best 4 right now, he makes me nervous......i'd rather see Robinson with Dayak. Agoos doesn't seem to have his soccer legs under him. He could get them back by the playoffs but maybe at the expense of the Supporters Shield and the Division Title if he plays the next 3 matches. :(

5. iansfavouritecopilot

Jun 21, 2002
    Hartlepool, UK
    You forgot '.....clone Joe Cannon' on your poll.

Thats where its at. 3 defenders, 2 keepers.