WCQ v Jamaica - Columbus, OH - going?

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by partycentral, Nov 3, 2004.

1. partycentral

partycentral Member

Nov 10, 2003
    Naperville
    Decided to go to 11/17. I'd offer to drive but I now have to be back by 1 pm for work, which means I'm on the road back by about 7 am local and doubt anyone else wants to leave that early. Couldn't drop you anywhere out of my way anyway.

But anybody going want to have a pop before or after game?

2. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078
    i'll be out there as well

3. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    I will be there as well. Jim you got my cell number right?
    I'm sure we will be tailgating before the game. Anybody from Chicago interested in hanging out let me know.

4. murtaugh29

murtaugh29 New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    roja LOCURA
  5. Ron Keller

Ron Keller New Member

Jul 9, 2004
    Shampoo-Banana
    I'm planning to go.

6. partycentral

partycentral Member

Nov 10, 2003
    Naperville
    I was asking around (both on BS and at other, work related websites) about dinner recommendations. Basically, I got nothing. So either there isn't a good place for dinner in all of Columbus or I'm asking the wrong people. I might just look for you.

7. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078

you heading out with me and niall, or you bringing the family?

either way... make sure you hook up with us

-jim

8. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll probably be at the fundraiser. I like watching team USA, I just don't like being around those Sam's Army types.

9. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    Your more then welcome to join our tailgate. If would rather find a restaurant I can get some recommendations for you. There are lots of very good restaurants in cowtown.

10. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078

only one way to give these games better names... show up

11. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Damn, I'll be out of the country...

Hopefully I'll meet up with you guys for a hex date.

12. partycentral

partycentral Member

Nov 10, 2003
    Naperville
    Thanks for the invite. Maybe after the drive down just hanging out would be more enjoyable.

13. Stevedm

Stevedm Red Card

Jan 19, 2000
    Chicago
    I am sure some of the guys on the Crew board would recommend a good place in the area for you to chow!!

14. myshap

myshap Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    If you like Seafood, there's a nice place called Columbus Fish Market. I think you have one in Chicago too. Actually I find any Cameron Mitchell owned Restaurant is pretty good here. Here's the website CM owned resturants in Columbus

You might also try the Easton Town Center, they have several very good resturants there and Polaris on the north side has some good places too. If your looking to feed a lot of people Boca di Bepo an Italian place in the Arena district is a really good place to go. They serve family style and you generally get out of there full with good prices.

However, if your looking for good food and not necasarily fancy dining, there's a BQ place with several locations in Columbus called City Barbaque that is really good and that's coming from someone who grew up in Georgia and is picky as hell about it. The easiest to get to is the one on the east side in Reynoldsburg because it's right off 270. There's an exceptionally good Tex-Mex resturant in Worthington close to the Pontifical college called El Acapulco(I think) off 270 that I like a lot. In Reynoldsburg off I-70 there's a nice Japanese steak house, kind of expensive, but good.

15. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    If you're leaning towards "City BBQ" we'll have some of their food at our tailgate before the game, I am getting it especially for Jay since I know he loves himself some BBQ.

16. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    Maybe I should just leave today and get there early! ;)

17. Ron Keller

Ron Keller New Member

Jul 9, 2004
    Shampoo-Banana
    I talked to Niall last night. Sue can't get off work, and Lex has testing that week, so it's just going to be me.

18. partycentral

partycentral Member

Nov 10, 2003
    Naperville
    Thanks for the food recs. I don't know what I'll be in the mood for when I get there.

As for asking around the Columbus board, I did that a month ago and got some strange responses. Don't know if they were jerking me around or just morons.

19. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    I will be there.

20. genpabloescobar

Feb 17, 2002
    Two words: Waffle House.

21. Justin Cedar

Justin Cedar New Member

Oct 29, 2004
    Edwardsville,IL/STL
    I don't get it. What's the difference between a Sam's Army fan and a Section 8 fan? Can't you be both? :confused:

22. partycentral

partycentral Member

Nov 10, 2003
    Naperville
    Maybe for breakfast. Maybe. Definitely not for dinner. But I gotta hit the road early so it may just be McWendyKing for breakfast. Unless there's a Sonic around.

23. Glenwood Lane United

Apr 28, 2001
    Hanover Park, IL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't remember the name of it, but there's a really good restaurant in German Village. If you like the Berghoff, you'll like this place.

24. robviii

robviii Member

Dec 21, 2001
    Chicago
    I'm relatively new to the Chicago area, moved here from Texas a few months ago.

I'd be interested in sharing a ride down to see the game, plus I have one extra ticket if anyone's interested in buying it. The ticket's in a good location in Section 126, Row 4. It cost $85. Originally one of my brothers was going to join me at the game but it didn't work out.

I'm also up for the tailgate; I've been to a lot of Nats games but never a tailgate.

Of course you'll see I'm a Burn fan, but please don't hold that against me. Besides we suck nowadays. No need to kick a man while he's down.:(

25. quackman

quackman Member

Feb 25, 2001
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One can be both, but the difference to me is that I've never seen Section 8 throwing beer bottles.

The German Restaurant in Colubus that I've been to, and find excellent, is Schmidt's Restaurant und Sausage Haus at 240 East Kossuth Street.

I will be giong, and I have two extra tickets if anybody wants them. They're almost exactly ont he midfield stripe, and I'm offering a significant discount on them. If so, please PM me.

It doesn't look like the Yanks will have any Fire players, but Jamaica should have the usual suspects - and if the US wins then the Fire might not have to lose them for qualifiers next year.