WCQ: Portugal v Serbia -

Discussion in 'Portugal: National Teams' started by The Zeta Variant, Nov 12, 2021.

1. parkben1

parkben1 Member

Feb 18, 2006
    brooklyn
    It's not the country but rather the player. I'm sure they will do the same thing for Messi. It's still up to Portugal and we know they have the ability to choke and lose to a crappy team, even at home.

The Zeta Variant repped this.
  2. azorean16

azorean16 Member

Jul 31, 2015
    True, but by this time, and for the good of Portugal in every way actually, in my observation, Ronaldo is synonymous with Portugal, is why i pointed out the country.

3. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Would be funny if Italy lost and went to playoff too and we got them.

artielange84 repped this.
  4. Sumol

Sumol Member+

Portugal
    Oct 12, 2011
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I think Switzerland is at even strength with Italy. Both teams would be equally tough to beat in a playoff. It would go to penalties for sure.

It's mind boggling that Santos had the guts to say his team will be in Qatar in that press conference after yesterdays loss. Has he not taken a look at the playoff format? What a clown.

5. Area 51

Area 51 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Santos after being eliminated by Belgium: "We're going to challenge for the World Cup!"

Santos after losing to Serbia at home, the cherry on top of an awful qualification campaign: "I believe we'll be in Qatar"

My how things change.

6. Sumol

Sumol Member+

Portugal
    Oct 12, 2011
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    The Swiss are winning against Bulgaria, while Italy are tied with Northern Ireland.

As of right now, Italy are going to the playoffs.

7. Tonel

Tonel Member

Sporting
    Aug 22, 2021
    Italy against Portugal would be epic in Toronto. Wops vs chops showdown on St. Clair

8. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    416 construction derby incoming

9. Tonel

Tonel Member

Sporting
    Aug 22, 2021
    The Swiss light up Bulgaria 4-0, while Italy held to a scoreless draw only. Potential match up getting closer to reality

10. prodigal_mind

prodigal_mind Member+

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Portugal
    Jul 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    33% chance

11. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Sweden is also tough. With this new playoff format its likely if we get past the 1st round we're likely getting one of the seeded teams in the 2nd.

12. Sumol

Sumol Member+

Portugal
    Oct 12, 2011
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Both Italy and Portugal deserve what they got.

Bem feito.

13. parkben1

parkben1 Member

Feb 18, 2006
    brooklyn
    That would never happen. One thing is for sure that both Portugal and Italy won't play each other.

14. azorean16

azorean16 Member

Jul 31, 2015
    I'm hoping for Macedonia, and after Scotland...but even that is iffy with this team right now.
    In the semi's it won't, that is a certainty, but in the final? You never know, there have to be 2 seeded teams placed in all 3 groups, what is preventing Italy and Portugal from being in the same group? I do not think it will happen, for reasons we discussed earlier , wink, wink, but you never know...

parkben1 and The Zeta Variant repped this.
  15. The Zeta Variant

The Zeta Variant Red Card

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Aug 7, 2021
    Italy
    Is in the playoffs now.

I watched the second half and I can understand some Italian since my ex wife was Italian (and was smoking hot btw). They we’re mentioning Portugal and saying they don’t want to play us. I don’t want to play them either .

16. parkben1

parkben1 Member

Feb 18, 2006
    brooklyn
    Ronaldo was stated that despite the disappointment of yesterday that they will get to the Qatar 2022.

17. azorean16

azorean16 Member

Jul 31, 2015
    #217 azorean16, Nov 15, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2021
    With all due respect Zeta, screw these games, I'm more interested in your ex !!!...lol...I kid, but yeah, would be crazy to finally! Finally! After a few shouda's and coulda's potential match-ups with Italy over the years to meet them here with a world cup berth on the line, still say it ain't happening though, may be a good thing too...especially in the GTA

18. parkben1

parkben1 Member

Feb 18, 2006
    brooklyn
    You know what piss me off most about Santos, is the fact he played a defensive lineup against Ireland. He then turned around and played a 4-3-3 when the Serbians were packing their midfield and the cherry on the cake he played two forwards who don't track back to play defense. Can someone tell me, if this is a lineup for playing for a tie. Secondly, when things were starting to go bad he had ample time to change things up. He could have swapped out Moutinho for either Palhinha or Fernandes. After giving up the lead, he didn't change anything up at half time. You figure he will bring in Joao Felix for Jota especially when both Sanches and Silva was giving the Serbian defense fits in the counter. I would have loved to see Felix, Silva and Sanches play together yesterday. We need a new coach immediately.

19. The Zeta Variant

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Aug 7, 2021
    I’m now a MGTOW.
    She found a rich Jew involved in banking. Not that I’m
    A bum but I work hard for my money and make a good (nothing special) living . I went to school and all that crap.

stick to the Portuguesas is my advice even if they are fat which they mostly are.

forca Portugal !

Lisboa<3 repped this.
  20. The Zeta Variant

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Aug 7, 2021
    Ive seen other folks post
    This but let me reiterate: Santos and 4-3-3 doesn’t mix.
    He sucks at coaching that system. We won the euros with a narrow diamond 4-4-2. I say we run a similar system
    Or switch to a 3-4-3 /3-5-2 which has become in vogue in recent seasons . For example,
    Sporting under Amorim and now benfica play this way as well as many German teams and Atalanta.

21. parkben1

parkben1 Member

Feb 18, 2006
    brooklyn
    I did well marrying a Persian women, but I did get in trouble when we played Iran in the World Cup.

Iranian Monitor and azorean16 repped this.
  22. azorean16

azorean16 Member

Jul 31, 2015
    Lol....yeah, gotta turn a blind eye to the cankles?...:)

23. figueira

figueira Member

Feb 8, 2007
    NJ
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Everyone is blaming Santos. Why don't you all put some blame Rui Patricio for not catching a ball shot right at him. If he saves that ball they are in the world cup. He has to be replaced. You can't make a mistake like that in a game like this. That is not world class.

Another reason for the loss which is not Santos's fault is leaving two Serbians open on the far post to score there second goal. I'm sure he didn't tell them to do that.

24. ricardoq

ricardoq New Member

Mar 29, 2009
    What if Holland cant win tonight and Turkey win over Macedonia??

25. Sumol

Sumol Member+

Portugal
    Oct 12, 2011
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Patricio was also the reason we lost to Belgium. He should have saved that goal.

Rui Patricio is now rotting in Italy while we have Jose Sa being battle tested in the best league in the world.

It will probably take a new manager to switch goalkeepers.