WCQ Peru vs. Chile "El Clasico del Pacifico" Match Centre

Discussion in 'CONMEBOL' started by Visca..., Nov 15, 2004.

1. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    sorry for the dissapearing act but some stuff came up :mad:

but im glad we won and that guerrero scored :D

2. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    solano o palacios capitan?

3. vico

vico Member

Aug 6, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    thinking about guerrero and farfan... they are only 20 years old... already playing for european top clubs and scoring goals...

they will be our main striking force for years to come

4. vico

vico Member

Aug 6, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    solano como capitan ya que palacios debe retirarse pronto es tiempo apostar por los jovenes como juan cominges y junior viza.

bonito verte de nuevo condor empece a creer que te habias caido muerto de un infarto ;)

5. alberto232ec

alberto232ec New Member

Jul 5, 2004
    A very cold place
    Porompom Pom Porompom pom el que no salta es un chileno mari... GANAMOS ************@!!!! Guerrero metio despues que le dijeron de todo despues del partido con Bolivia y ahora les tapo la boca ;) Vamos a Brazil a empatar aunque sea :D :D

6. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    yeah its hard enough listening to the match but even worse not knowing how it ended;)

farfan - guerrero - pizarro - mendoza
    the attack is there

whe need to make our defence more secure

7. vico

vico Member

Aug 6, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    forget about pizarro and mendoza man... seran piezas de recambio nomas ;)

guerrero and farfan are here to stay :)

8. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    its good to have options in attack finally

long gone are the days of flavio maestri and??????waldir saenz :D

9. alberto232ec

alberto232ec New Member

Jul 5, 2004
    A very cold place
    Yo creo que pizarro debe seguir jugando porque cuando esta al 100% es mejor que guerrero y quizas cuando juguemos en casa farfan se puede ir como volante por la izquierda y pizarro y guerrero en el medio porque palacios ya no puede. :D
    me olvide de mencionar que palacios le cago un gol a solano porque el quizo ser de heroe y cuando solano quizo patear solo el chorri se metio y solano no pudo meterla.

10. vico

vico Member

Aug 6, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    or maybe we should play orejuela... :D

seriously jefferson and paolo has showed that it is time to give our youngsters more chances to shine

i hope they can inspire the other young players of their generation like juan cominges and junior viza and others...

man they are only 20 and already kicking ass in european top clubs paolo is going to bench claudio not only in la seleccion but also in bayern it is just a matter of time.

since they are both born in 1984 they would be elligible to play for peru in the sub-20 wc if it would be held this month. how many sub 20 teams in the world has a striking duo of the same calibre?

11. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    good point

i think we should wait to see whos fits and playing well around march

the next game is nearly 4 months from now

12. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román

Como diria mi amigo Merlo ... "Paso a paso". ;)

:D

13. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román
    I am glad for Peruvian football that Autori has given the chance to a few of the youngsters ... Guerrero played 2 WCQ games b4 playing a single minute in 1st Division ... and this in turn helped Paolo get a chance at Bayern's 1st team in CL and Bundesliga.

Farfan was on target tonite. His Dutch experience has converted him into a top form player. Tonite he was unstoppable for most of the game ... and he always had legs to return and help his teammates.

Now ... IMHO, the best news of the match was to see the confirmation of a great player in Vargas. Damn, this kid has the class of an experienced player ... atrevido ... aguerrido. And only 18. I can see in him a great DM as well, would need a bit of guidance, but has the characteristics that Jayo or Ciurlizza lack.

Tonite while watching the game with a few peeps we were discussing ... how long ago did Peru win a game were both goals were scored by a forward? ... How long has it been for Peru to have a quality forward sub ...

Great win for Peru. Deserved all along, even thou Chile came close to tieing the game in the last second of the game.

14. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    vargas is 21 he was born in 1983

by the characteristics that jayo and ciurlizza lack do you mean his height?
    it seems we have found a left back(finally) allw e need to do is now find a right back because soto is a midfielder and the sad thing is hes also our best right back

dont forget the young pair of rodriguez(20) and villalta(23) rodriguez started nervous but got better as the game went along and villalta peformed well under the circumstances

it seems to me we are slowly renovating our team

15. vico

vico Member

Aug 6, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Para celebrar la victoria peruana

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. vico

vico Member

Aug 6, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Fotos del partido

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. vico

vico Member

Aug 6, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Mas fotos

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. vico

vico Member

Aug 6, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    ...y unos cuantos mas

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. blanquiroja redded

Jun 1, 2004
    New Jersey
    Does anyone have videos of the peru chile game goals?

20. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    It was a great game guys. I have no voice!!! :D But like always, Peru makes the faithful suffer 'till the end. My balls were up to my throat in the last minutes and specially that last play where it looked like Ibañez found the ball in his hands. Aside from that, Peru deserved the win. Peru hadn't won a game at home since the first matchday against Paraguay (4:1), so everyone needed this victory.

21. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Today Papers

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

22. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
  23. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Chile looked nervous and slow for most of the first half, and I fully blame it on the formation. Knowing that Peru had a weak defense, Olmos decided to go with a defensive strategy in mind, even though Chile had the players (amidst all the absences) to play a more offensive game.

Of course, after the first few minutes, Peru realized that the Chilean midfield was a mess: David Pizarro was the link with Pinilla, yet he always ended up moving way back like he does in Udinese (Pizarro doesn't work as an enganche), Pinilla was totally abandoned, Mark Gonzales went forward and failed to go back and defend his position, Valenzuela was a ghost throughtout the whole game, etc.

In reality, we gave away the midfield to Peru when we should've been pressuring all along. Peru needed the victory more than we did, so why not make them work for it? The midfield was the battleground, not our field. The result was Chile giving Peru plenty of ground so Vargas, Solano, and Farfan could develop the passing game that Peru is known for.

On another note, yesterday night Farfan was unstoppable. He really is an outstanding player and he caused a lot of problems to our defense... so all the credit in the world to him. Although unrelated to his quality, the Chilean defense probably had the worse 90 minutes in the whole qualifiers. It left holes everywhere and looked very insecure. To me, this is the result of letting Peru attack so much.

With all of this, Olmos gave away the first half just like he usually does. A very dangerous, if not unintelligent, strategy. A shaky midfield which was undefined between attacking or defending (because it couldn't do both at the same time yesterday night) and a very active Peruvian offense which hid very well the problems Peru also had in their field.

On the second half, with Chile having a more offensive, if not organized, strategy, the game turned more dynamic. Once Olmos had Valdivia and Sebastian Gonzales on the field, Chile definitely looked more dangerous. However, our defense never woke up and Olarra and Fuentes were probably the main reasons why Peru scored.

In all honesty, yesterday Peru played better than Chile, and most importantly, deserved to win. However, I personally don't think Peru is a better team than Chile and I think Olmos keeps missing chances to consolidate the Chilean squad once and for all: Chile has a dynamic, vertical and fast paced style of play (imposed by Olmos himself), so why not use it MORE? If we can play so good against Argentina, why can't we play the same against Peru? What is the the answer? Where is the problem?

One thing I do know: the problem is not our players... it is definitely Olmos.

24. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román
    I thought he was 18 ... thanx for the correction Condor. And yes ... I was referring to his strength/size, what Colombians call biotypes. He's got great speed as well ... He looks to me as he would be a great DM as well, but for the future, once an alternative in the back is found.