WCQ Ecuador vs. Peru June 7, 2009

Discussion in 'Ecuador' started by JLoeza, May 28, 2009.

1. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I was reading your post and kept thinking to myself "WTF.. this is NOT trolling!" and I was really tempted to reverse the infraction... but then I read the last line. Yup, that "paternidad" comment did it. It was out-of-line with the rest of the post and was completely unnecessary. It would've been perfectly fine to say here, but definitely not in their forum. I still don't think it was a severe 7-pointer, but that's their discretion.

2. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    ALL of us trash talked Peru here, really? Please don't let the actions of ONE speak for the rest of us.

And no, I'm not talking about Guayaquileño.

3. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Thanks for clarifying that! It's generalizations like that which do not allow some of us to go to other boards and have a serious discussion without being labelled as a "troll".

4. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    sadly ... the mod there was biased and made the decision based on his sensitivity to the issue with him being peruvian ... but ATLEAST if anything, it would not be a 7 point infraction... look at my history- I am not known to be a nuisance EVER in bigsoccer. I am a civil poster.

and "paternidad" is not a bad word in my opinion.. maybe I should have used "hegemony"-I think that would have been better... but I wasn't right out rude and say "ecuador is your daddy or who's your daddy" because that sure would have been trolling and even I would have shut up about the infraction.

frankly .. paternidad is a civil word to use. I read it in the peruvian and ecuadorian press... so that's why I used it. but in reality if you were to translate that it would mean:

"we have proven our hegemony once again" nothing bad there I see.

5. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    All I can say is, those guys must be pissed, and overly sensitive or not, it is not a good idea to discuss their NT right after a loss because the numbers show that they have been an inferior NT for some time now and i am sure they are very bothered by that, I would be too.

The last thing I would want to do, is discuss "why we suck" with the fans of the team that just beat us.

6. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    cris and guayaquileno are both right

7. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I couldn't agree more. Most of the guys on the CONMEBOL forums know you well and would say the same thing, I'm sure.

Here's where you're deviating into irrelevant technicalities. You said "Ecuador is your daddy", and any possible way you can say it differently doesn't change what you said. It's an offensive remark and that's that.

I've been there, man. In March 2005, when I just joined, I was checking out the Mexico forums to see what they were saying about the upcoming game against Ecuador. They were saying some crap, and I chimed in to the discussion just to present data.. no opinions or anything, just data and statistics. Instead of entering into a real debate, they decided to ridicule me. I responded with something to the effect of "Let's see if you're laughing on game day" or something (no profanity or insults whatsoever), and BAM -- I got infracted for trolling their forums. Complete BS, if you ask me, but that's the way some mods handle their forums.

8. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    damnecuadorian.. thanks for the apoyo and ur input on the subject, atleast I got some back up here... I just learned my lesson about next time not being the courageous one and go defending my country's NT in another's forum.

I guess I could have doen without that, but in all , I did not mean it in the rude way.. just that it's a fact we do have hegemony for 33 years. no one can say I am lying about that, right. So I guess I am right about hegemony atleast lol.

let the losers brood in their forum... and I will celebrate here with my fellow ecuas... :)

9. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Lol...I have gotten a few "trolling" infractions since I have been here too. My history in a nutshell;

Over the last 4 years...

Mexican forum some 3 years back when I made a comment after they lost to the US and one of their players had a hell of a malicious foul on a USMNT player. I said he should be banned!

Another was on the Yanks Abroad thread when Landycakes went to Bayern. I mean, you can't make up some of the shit that was written there...some of these Donovan fans think he is the next Kaka, Messi and CRonaldo all in one. When I called them on it...I got my "Trolling - Basic" infraction.

I think another was for "Inappropriate Language" because I asked Manolo if he was, "Fuckin' serious.." in one of my posts. :rolleyes: I don't think we had a Mod here as Loraz was away already and it was from efernandez...he obviously did not know the repertoire we have amongst our own here.

Also when I created the "Ecuacholas" thread as a joke and "Super Mod" Garcia called it "Trolling - Severe". I agree it was probably in poor taste, but it wasn't trolling.

Live and learn, buddy...live and learn!!!!

10. Quilotoa

Quilotoa Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Brasilia, Brazil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Lol I would have to disagree with you, that is great taste, and quite the word. I've been to a lot of countries and I have to say Ecuador drinks more than most. I wish I would have been a member then to post. Guayaquileño, good lad, I would say passionate posts but never rude. I mean, it must be hard to be a Peruvian fan now anyway, also, I`ve been in Peru long enough to know about the animosity many feel towards Ecuador (although I never got that feeling in Quito at least), so I could see them getting all bunched up about it. On to the Argentine Forum!! BTW Has anyone heard from Argentina Futbol, man that guy always loved creating controversy.

11. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I didn't have the opportunity to watch the game so I'm watching it right now on ESPN deportes.