WCQ#6: Spotlight on China vs HK

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by buggy, Nov 12, 2004.

1. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Nail in the coffin? :)

2. WuTang2002

WuTang2002 Member

Mar 13, 2002
    Bundang, Korea
    Actually, if the ref wants to be biased, he'd rather want to help China because Korea prefers China over Kuwait anyday in the 2nd qualification round.

3. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Damn you WuTang, now you've gotten my hopes up again. :)

4. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004
    How do you know he's going to be fair?

Or do you mean he should be fair? Then I guess it goes without saying.

5. rkim291968

rkim291968 New Member

Oct 6, 2004
    CA, USA
    He should be fair. Also, I don't see any reason why he should take one side over the other unless he is betting on a side for one team to win. From Korea's perspective, they should not care whether Kuwait or China advances.

6. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    Well, they couldn't really choose a Chinese or an arab referee for obvious reasons... A Japanese ref. is probably not a good idea for this game, and maybe there aren't any decent international refs in South East Asia or Central Asia (I see no other reason why a ref from these regions couldn't be chosen for this match). I guess that just leaves a Korean ref. who should be fairly capable and has no particular motivations to favour China or Kuwait.

7. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Are you saying if "from Korea's perspective they should care whether Kuwait or China advances" then there's a chance he doesn't act fairly? :)

Actually Kuwait has a much better record against Korea than China does. So WuTang's line of reasoning makes sense to me. Let's hope this ref sees it in the some light as WuTang and gives China 5 penalty kicks tomorrow. :)

8. rkim291968

rkim291968 New Member

Oct 6, 2004
    CA, USA
    Kuwait's success record is outdated as Korea beat Kuwait 4:0 in the last AC.
    You know about China's record against Korea. ;)

Korean ref will be fair but we know all refs make mistakes here and there. I say the ref gives China one penalty kick :D You just worry about Kuwait and Malaysia game, eh?

9. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002
    i wish i was a supporter of a weaker team like you peasants. it's no fun to follow japan's game today since there's no sheer excitement. good luck againt your arch ribval maldives and hong kong

10. Yabyab

Yabyab New Member

Oct 30, 2004
    are you sure? last time Kuwait played against Iran was last year, and Kuwait beats Iran 3-1 in a friendly match. Although I have to agree with you that Kuwait team, recently, is really unpredictable due to many problems happening in Kuwait.

11. Yabyab

Yabyab New Member

Oct 30, 2004
    Your team struggled to beat Bahrain in Asian cup (if you ever watched that match) and barely won against Oman 1-0. Heck Oman missed alot of chances and they should have won, imo.

12. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004
    You promise? :)

13. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Looking for a fellow peasant to play with in the wrong room Hama. There's no peasant here. Go now girl on your way.

14. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004
    You need to understand in Hama's mind Oman is a great great team, because it only lost to Japan 1-0.

15. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004
    For the record, the 0.0121% didn't work out. :mad:

16. buggy

buggy New Member

Aug 11, 2004
    wow, what a scoreline on both sides -- 6-1 and 7-0, was it?

17. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Yeah, but it doesn't matter. Winner takes all.