WCQ 2022: Matchday 6 - Brasil vs. Argentina (September 5, 2021)

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by Christina99, Sep 5, 2021.

1. Loco

Loco Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    May 1, 2005
    Miami
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    HA HA HA HA HA; the most petty-controversy embattled politician in South America now needs his minions to defend him.

HA HA. This was the same guy that came on the pitch during a Copa America game and was booed by his own people, he has public dispute with his national team coach, he wants to destroy the amazon and now we're supposed to believe that all this mess wasn't caused by him??

The president of Brazil is an out of control incompetent ego-maniac, and WE ALL KNOW THIS. And stop, STOP pretending that there were rules and flow-charts how these disputes were supposed be handled. Its obvious that it was a shi#show from the start bc Anvisa was running around without any real authority and got their federal police to bring them on the pitch. Think of how crazy that is, that they were allowed to enter the pitch after the game started!! Where is the security!!

The buck stops with the ones hosting the match.

ganapordiego and Christina99 repped this.
  2. Loco

Loco Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    May 1, 2005
    Miami
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    for God's sake! please, any Brazilian here, tell us why Brazil put a red-notice on the UK. Why and how did that come about

3. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Oh I am not a Bolsonaro supporter. He is a clown. I am just stating facts. You gonna blame him for Sunday then you must credit him for 3 months ago.

4. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Obviously a plan set in motion way ahead of time with this past Sunday's game in mind.

5. Loco

Loco Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    May 1, 2005
    Miami
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #355 Loco, Sep 7, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2021
    Please, please explain who/why the UK is on Brazil's red-list

Let us know buddy

Because we all know how/why, we just don't know if you guys understand how silly you look in the international stage.

Brazil (who's COVID response, unfortunately has been horrendous) was put on the UK's red list of countries that require quarantine restrictions when re-entering the UK. And the Brazilian government officials were offended, so they put the UK on the Brazilian red list. This has nothing to do with health issues. And we all know this

6. pipinogol

pipinogol Member+

May 20, 2016
    Club:
    Cary RailHawks U23
    For me the case at FIFA will come down to if Brazil (CBF) can prove that:
    a) there were exemptions available and AFA knew they could get exemptions for these 4 players with enough anticipation AND b) that AFA ignored all of it and did not move an inch to get them.

About b) I'm assuming here AFA did have to do something to get them, which is not very clear to me since many journalists say that it was CBF's obligation and not AFA's to get them.

The alleged info omission in the migration form is almost irrelevant for FIFA's decision. It's something that only concerns the brazilian justice and the players involved.

ganapordiego and celito repped this.
  7. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    UK's COVID response was horrible too and the UK is where the Delta variant initially spread. The UK has been on this Brazilian red list for a long time.

Brazil does do reciprocity in immigration policy often, but the idea the UK being on the red list (especially at the time the delta variant came along) is quite understandable. Brazil's response being poor doesn't get the UK off the list.

8. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    Wow i missed 2 pages of Brazilian mental gymnastics Olympics lmao

Just to be clear, Brazil has been largely irrelevant in the last decade. 2014 we played the final in your home while your whole country is in tears. Following copas you were not even on the radar. On the international stage you are a joke going out against Belgium or whatever. You won a corrupted Copa at home and then lost the last one which was hosted again AT HOME. No one fears Brazil that's why the rivalry has been dead because you are irrelevant. What we feared is our usual bad luck in finals and now that's broken and you were about to get spanked.

Keep rationalizing, dancing and deflecting. CBF is still responsible no matter the spin

Loco repped this.
  9. Loco

Loco Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    May 1, 2005
    Miami
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!

mmmmhhh lets see, do we trust the efforts of the UK or Brazil. . . yeah, I'm going to go with the UK every day on this one. HA HA H AHA HA HA

AH HA HA HA; Everyone around the world that is digging into this story is laughing at Brazil on this issue. Everyone realizes that the red list was done as reciprocity to what the UK did. BECAUSE BRAZIL IS A COMPLETE MESS WITH THEIR COVID HANDLING.

Up until a few days ago, it seemed that Bolsonaro and his sons were laughing at COVID, and now they are the ones that are the most concern?

Seriously, Brazil defending this thing is adding more oxygen to the story of what a mess Brazil is.

10. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ah, the irony…

It tastes so sweet.

Bye :)

locoxriver and Loco repped this.
  11. Loco

Loco Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    May 1, 2005
    Miami
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    HA! You should've gone with "Bye Felicia"

Also, don't let anyone not think that this has a lot to do with the European clubs refusals to let SA players play for their national teams. Yes, this goes back to that. Remember that back in March CONMBEBOL agreed with the Europeans to postpone the March games due to the pandemic. CONMEBOL, by force, agreed to have an extra game in September and an extra game in October; that's why we are playing 3 games.

Even today, European leagues are using the WCQ as excuses to suspend games (La Liga today is suspending games) La Liga is making up some BS, but they have known about the September and October games SINCE MARCH!! And the Euros are pretending this is all surprise to them. They will use the fiasco in Brazil to further make their argument.

Brazil is becoming a pawn for the Europeans. They are playing right into their hands.

Burr and argentine soccer fan repped this.
  12. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I’m sure that it’s for the same reason that the UK and the US put useless restrictions - and Argentina too. To make the people think that they are doing something about the pandemic, when they don’t know what the hell they are doing.

Burr repped this.
  13. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    It seems like you and I are not in the same conversation here. You've made up so many things that weren't even a part of my post. I'll just leave it at that. Maybe consider participating in the conversation and not just the trolling. Not everyone is into that.

14. Loco

Loco Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    May 1, 2005
    Miami
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #364 Loco, Sep 7, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2021
    HA HA HA; translation "White Flag"

These guys are going to try to muddy the water in the next 72 hours. But here is what everyone needs to remember, FIFA rules for the Qatar WC make it clear that:

"... each participating member association hosting a match in the preliminary competition shall be responsible, amongst other matters, for: a) guaranteeing, planning and implementing law and order as well as safety and security in the stadiums and other relevant locations in conjunction General provisions with the relevant authorities. The FIFA Stadium Safety and Security Regulations shall apply;"

This means that on Saturday, when CONMEBOL and CBF were in support of having the game, it was acceptable for AFA to rely on the game taking place. Anivsa is not a participant on these discussions. It was only CONMEBOL or the CBF that can take actions against the game. (remember, the players were already in Brazil). They are going to say that Anvisa is the ultimate decider on quarantine issues, but as far as AFA is concern, reliability was provided on Saturday.

There is no explanation given why Anvisa waited until Sunday to interfere.-

Also, let's remind the whole world how silly these Brazilians are being; this is a quarantine rule that ONLY APPLIESS TO NON-BRAZILIANS!! Yeah, Willan was in the UK on Sept 1 and on Sept 3rd, Willian was already practicing with Corinthias!! Because we all know that the Pandemic excludes Brazilians. Silly!! They are silly people! They only have this covid mandate as a retaliation of other countries implementing protocols against Brazil. Silly, Silly, silly people.

Rattlehead repped this.
  15. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Speculation is like breathing. It costs nothing and requires nor due diligence.

16. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    And yet we defeated you more than you defeated us....

And yet again, your team lost, as it did against Chile in 2015 and in 2016 - just as it fell short in the final match in 2004 and 2005 and 2009 (and who beat you then?).

We won the 2013 Confederations Cup. Just one of many international cups we won in the 28 years your team went without cup wins.

Yes, Belgium eliminated Brazil 2-1 with an own goal by one of our players. In the same tournament, you were defeated by Croatia 3-0 before losing to France 4-3.

And in 2010, Brazil was eliminated by a European team, again by 2-1 - while the Germans defeated you 4-0.

Not to mention all the goleadas achieved by Bolivia, Catalunya (chuckles), Nigeria, and of course, Brazil, over you. And Brazil easily defeated Argentina in your country in a WCQ match.

The joke is you.

Nice little backpedaling after I called you out on how your team feared mine. Hysterical. Now you say "you lost your fear of bad luck."

Frankly, we don't care who fears us or if anyone fears us. We care about competing and doing our best and winning. If you had any clue about the facts (which apparently is a problem with some of you people here), you would not even write any of this benighted vitriol. Statistics show Brazil has been more successful than Argentina whether in the 28 years your team won nothing or in the past decade.

And of course, AFA is a den of barefoot Carmelite nuns. I'm sure that your compatriots calling Grondona "Don Corleone" was just a joke and that Tapia is a fat male version of Mother Theresa.

You truly do LTA. Come on, don't stop; release it all. I'm sure you can.

17. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Remember they eliminated almost the entire opponent squads in their Copa opening game using c19? Thats Brazil for you.:ROFLMAO:

18. Loco

Loco Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    May 1, 2005
    Miami
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ombak, if that is true, and the red list notice is a responsible action by the home country, then FIFA rule require that the CBF find an alternative location to have the game somewhere else. If a quarantine is required for traveling players, then FIFA requires that CBF find a place where the traveling country can play.

This is why Canada is playing all their home CONCACAF games in the US, because Canada requires quarantine of all incoming travelers (unlike the Brazilian rule) - the onus of resolving the quarantine issue is on the hosting nation.

Lastly Omak, if the quarantine is based on real health issues (i.e, you brought up that the delta variant started in the UK), then why does the quarantine rule not apply to Brazilian nationals?

19. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Let's clarify something, just so that I do not misunderstand your claims.

You have repeatedly focused on the quarantine rule not applying to citizens of Brazil. You wrote, "Also, let's remind the whole world how silly these Brazilians are being; this is a quarantine rule that ONLY APPLIESS TO NON-BRAZILIANS!!"

And you wrote this as well: "Because we all know that the Pandemic excludes Brazilians. Silly!! They are silly people! They only have this covid mandate as a retaliation of other countries implementing protocols against Brazil. Silly, Silly, silly people."

So you are claiming that if a Brazilian who plays in the Premiership and who goes straight to Brazil without waiting for 14 days in a third location (let's say Sweden), Brazil's authorities will simply let him in and release him into the general population?

Is this what you're saying is the case?

20. Christina99

Christina99 Member+

Argentina
    Sep 22, 2013
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Guuuuuuys!! Apparently theres a COVID case on our NT :cry:, maybe one of those unauthorized brazilian health officials spread the virus onto the players:speechless:

La scaloneta cant catch a break. First, they dont let us play in brasil, second, we lose SIX PLAYERS (including the goalkeeper) that had to go back to UK and now this? Wtf

I hope is not Messi!!!

21. Christina99

Christina99 Member+

Argentina
    Sep 22, 2013
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Oh false alarm, is NOT a player but someone from the bubble, someone from the kitchen.

They are testing everyone now to make sure. But the kitchen person tested negative yesterday. I got scared there for a second. The headline was pure clickbaito_O

Loco repped this.
  22. Loco

Loco Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    May 1, 2005
    Miami
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Andreas Pereira, you know, the Belgian born player that you guys pretend is a natural born Brazilian, was in Manchester United on August 18th. The news came that he was being sent to Flamengo. And guess what, he was on the bench for Flamengo on August 25th against Gremio. And on August 28 (still, only 12 days not the full 14 days) Andreas Pereira came on the pitch on the 81st min as a substitute and SCORED A GOALL!!! in the 84th min. . .

wait, I think you win the argument here, because eventhought Pereira was in the UK, he is actually Belgian!! This is not a silly law that only benefits Brazilians! it also benefits Belgians (pretending they're Brazilians so that Brazil can use him for their NT) oh my God, you win! You cracked the case! Well done.

Rattlehead repped this.
  23. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Any random person could be tested for it at random time cause Ive been tested positive myself along with my wife back in March (due to travel protocols). We did PCR on another hospital 2 days and result was negative.

Remember when Arnani was tested positive multiple times before Copa? The last one was finally negative . So if Messi or anyone tested positive, just repeat the test multiple times like Arnani:laugh:

24. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    I will refrain from the sarcasm you presented to make a point. Since you asked Ombak without trolling and with apparent seriousness as to why the quarantine does not apply to Brazilians....

.... actually, it does.

I won't make guesses as to whether you've read the June 23, 2021 law which does exempt Brazilians from the rule that would have forced the four players of your team to have been excluded. But in the interest of honest debate, I will flat out tell you that I have read it and that yes, it does say Brazilians are exempted.

You're now going to say, "HA!"

Actually, don't.

On August 13, Alexey Suusmann Pere, a federal judge, issued a judicial decision saying that all travelers - including Brazilians - who have been to the UK, India, or South Africa in the preceding 14 day must also undergo a quarantine.

Again: this includes Brazilians.

Now, just one final comment, and not that I expect to change your mind, but you're wallowing in ignorance by blasting President Bolsonaro. You are free to dislike/hate him, but the truth is that he has widespread support and popularity in Brazil. The media portrays things in such a way that he's vilified and made into a buffoon, a figure of fun, and a morally depraved person in a highly similar way to how President Trump was treated in the United States.

Today is Brazil's Independence Day and many Brazilians went to the streets to demonstrate in his favor. I know a lot of those who did; one million went out to Avenida Paulista, a main thoroughfare in the city of Sao Paulo (somewhat akin to Av. 9 de Julio in Buenos Aires).

And again, I don't expect to change your mind, but if you're going to blame President Bolsonaro for what happened on Sunday, you should at least provide evidence - which you have none of. Earlier on, I mentioned the BRL and the ARS; I follow these currencies and see that the BRL isn't lower than it is vs. the USD because of tensions between the executive and judicial branches. President Bolsonaro has plenty to deal with as chief executive of Brazil - interfering in a soccer game? Please.

You can go ahead and continue to blast him in whatever way you want. It's your prerogative; it doesn't bother me. But it goes back to a theme that I've noticed here: a lot of you Argentines are talking out of emotion and without the facts, and whether it's what happened on Sunday or about President Bolsonaro, it's both sad and funny that you guys are doing this - because you guys do so with such conviction about the correctness of your stances, when in fact you several of you aren't really aware of what's happening. That one of your moderators insists Anvisa went after the four players "for lying about playing for English teams" or "for lying about being in England" is rather pitiable, but hey, you guys are free to have and to express your opinions.

25. Loco

Loco Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    May 1, 2005
    Miami
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    None of what you said is true. Again, Andreas Pereira was in Manchester on 8/18, and on played for Flamengo on 8/25 (stayed on the bench, but was clearly not under quarantine) and again he played on 8/28 (he scored a goal on 8/28, twelve days after leaving the UK).

I don't know if you guys honestly don't know this stuff or if you guys are trolling.