WCQ 2022 - Ecuador vs Colombia (Nov 17 2020)

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by Froboy69, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    So given that we're facing these guys after the result they gave to Uruguay and going to have to deal with Bolivia in their infamous location, chances are that Ecuador will want to get another similar amazing home result. Now given that should we get a wonderful win over Uruguay and Ecuador doesn't strike up a win over Bolivia, I believe that they're going to kneen on trying to exploit us and think that we're beatable like Uruguay.

Personally, I do think that taking an early lead as we did against Chile can be a major way to exploit them; only this time we won't make the same mistakes as we did to Chile and give up 2 goals within a few minutes right before half time.

Colombia will need to play patiently especially since Ecuador hasn't been a problem for us during qualifiers since 2012 on a 1-0 away loss result. Hell, we beat them 0-2 the last time we played in their stadium.

I say we can snatch up a win as long as we remain disciplined and patiently.

2. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Use players who play in Mexico and Bogota. Maybe younger players as well

their roster is not good nor is Bolivia. It’s where they play

people bitch about barranquilla but our roster is stacked. There’s not so much they just play where other players can’t breathe

3. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    This one worries me a bit.
    It will be the first real test of extreme climate changes for Queiroz who is just not used to these things and adapting with new tactics.
    We also just don't know who will be injured or suspended after a tough/rough Uruguay match.
    Just as the Chile match I would be happy with a point and I would be happy being undefeated after four match days. But we shall see how things shape up.

4. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    No fans... we are the better team and we can use players use to the altitude as well nothing stopping us from doing that

I want 6 of 6

let’s not shit our pants like we did against Chile

5. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    6 points are easier said than done.

But it can be done.

6. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I want what I want :)

we need to go to win. and 10 points after 4 games is 1/3rd the way to Qatar. With 14 games to go. Gives us a huge cushion against Uruguay (away), both Argentina and Brazil games. Tho I want us to go into all these games looking to win !! We have one of the top paid coaches to get us this. We don't have a Colombian coach because they don't have a winning mentality yet foreign coaches are just over paid pussys too

7. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I think we could win both games but not sure

8. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Deportivo Independiente Miraflores
    Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    No, Quito's altitude isn't extreme. If your players have played in Bogota they will have a somewhat general idea of how to play in Quito, even if they aren't exactly used to it.

Ecuador isn't great on paper but have a way better squad than Bolivia, it's not even a debate.

pepinointer and J-Mezzy repped this.
  9. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    From what I saw in their game against Uruguay, Ecuador was an extremely physical side that went for contact and speed against a side that is supposed to thrive on that. I think that Colombia could put a hold on that by holding onto the ball as much as possible, but it also comes with the risk of getting injured and losing the ball in compromising positions.

Paradoxically enough, Uruguay under Tavares is not as physically exuberant as they used to be. Not that they don't put the effort or that they don't run after all 50/50s, but nowadays they don't have many players that try to bang the opponent first and then win the ball.

Azucarero, pepinointer and J-Mezzy repped this.
  10. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    not saying they aren’t better than Bolivia that would be a silly argument. Saying they aren’t a good team it’s just Quito gives them a chance to qualify. Use players who are use to that altitude or that are young. Then bring back 6 points from Quito and La Paz

11. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    This is true.

What concerns me a bit though is playing what could be a mentally and physically draining game in the heat and humidity of Barranquilla then a quick turnaround at high altitude in Ecuador.

Although I guess it could be worse all things considered. As Crzd mentioned there are no fans. Also there are 5 subs and our quality is better than their depth for the most part.

12. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Wanted 6 points will be happy with 1 after today. No way this crap team wins in Quito

also coach Better call more guys with Mina red

13. Tio Nicci

Tio Nicci Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    We need to win in Ecuador, if we don't want to struggle ahead.

14. jay luis

jay luis Member+

Sep 14, 2013
    Corona, Nyc
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Sheesh this is going to be really tough.

15. Tio Nicci

Tio Nicci Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Next game, I want to see
    Munoz Davison, Lucumi Mojica
    Cuadrado Lerma
    James
    muriel lucho diaz

Gasperini as next coach.

dapip, J-Mezzy and jay luis repped this.
  16. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    haha if we had the money for it

17. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    He'll put Tesillo in CB before he starts Lucumi. And that's his problem.

Also, I'm pretty sure it was a mistake, but we might as well play with a man down. Felt like it today.

jay luis repped this.
  18. Tio Nicci

Tio Nicci Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I wouldn't mind Tesillo, if I wanted to play a draw. I think 3 points is something we next game.

19. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Did Barrios get hurt? I struggle with why he wouldn't play whenever healthy.

20. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Tactical change

A bad one

21. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

dapip repped this.
  22. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Pivotal match to say the least.
    We rarely lose to Ecuador but they have confidence and we look lost.
    Queiroz had to prove his worth in this one because if we lose his seat will be very hot (if not already hot).
    It is not all on the tactics though. Our player have to find a way to put shots on target and not lose the ball so easily.

23. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Bad game plan

Murillo is garbage and Cuadrado got destroyed by Chile and Uruguay at RB

Change formation. And call up a larger pool of players to train.

you can do this bs 23 when you have a winning team that knows each other. You could see none of these dudes played together before. The passing yesterday was laughable

Azucarero repped this.
  24. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    This is a key match. We need some character.

We have the striker pairing of the top scoring side in Europe last year. The best 10 on the planet who has arguably been one of the best players in the BPL this season. A really underrated 5 in Barrios (IMHO) and what should be one of the best CB pairings in the hemisphere, if not the best. We have to make the most of this talent.

That Mina fell apart yesterday is honestly the most concerning part for me - he has had such a powerful emotional and confidence impact on the team until yesterday. Always playing better in yellow than for clubs and raising up the side, him struggling is very worrisome.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  25. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I think Mina display had to do with his pairing. Sanchez has the speed to fix anything Mina does. Murillo doesn’t have the speed or intelligence to do that role.

lucumi is too young for the coach and the other Option doesn’t play in Europe so the coach thinks he is trash but calls him any way